Coaches draft comments

McDermott did credit Whaley and his staff for helping to orchestrate the Bills' blockbuster trade, but it was also clear McDermott was the one calling the shots. When asked whether the Bills considered trading down again at 27, McDermott spoke in the first person.

"Yeah, we looked at a couple things," McDermott said. "I didn't feel or we didn't feel like it was right at this time. We looked at a couple of situations that were on the table as well at 27. We had a chance to get a good solid football player and I wasn't passing that up."

http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/nfl_draft_2017_what_buffalo_bills_sean_mcdermott_said_about_doug_whaleys_status.html

"We looked at a couple things" ignored.

"We looked at a couple situations" ignored

"I thought, we thought" OMG he said "I"!!!!!!!

Yeah, people are ignoring a lot of information in regards to Whaley's job security rumors. It will be really interesting to see what happens and then evaluate what was said beforehand.

They always say that they discuss these decisions as a team, so it's likely that McDermott thought this and then the team agreed, hence the "I, then we" slip-up.

Nothing to see here. Isn't this a positive? Shouldnt the coach and GM be working together to better the team??

People just can't give Whaley his credit on a fantastic round 1

dont understand why some people dont think a gm and coach can work together and the gm tries to get the players a coach wants. Why does it always have to be one person running the show.

dont understand why some people dont think a gm and coach can work together and the gm tries to get the players a coach wants. Why does it always have to be one person running the show.

"Journalist's" click bait , hot takes, humans luster for drama. Basically social media is to blame!

"We looked at a couple things" ignored.

"We looked at a couple situations" ignored

"I thought, we thought" OMG he said "I"!!!!!!!

It could be an innocent slip but you have to see the reason one is ignored and the other stands out, right?

I didnt ignore anything. I posted the psragraph that he spoke. Quite telling went from one boice to I. Where there is smoke there is fire.

im not sure how you think i was saying anything about you.

i was replying to the poster that people ignored the WE and only called out the I.... obviously the I part is the abnormal that might be the innocent slip or the actual giveaway on what is going on.

has whaley even spoken yet? no public availability for your GM since like January is super weird even if you have him in PR bootcamp.

im not sure how you think i was saying anything about you.

i was replying to the poster that people ignored the WE and only called out the I.... obviously the I part is the abnormal that might be the innocent slip or the actual giveaway on what is going on.

has whaley even spoken yet? no public availability for your GM since like January is super weird even if you have him in PR bootcamp.

My apologies l, I hit quote to the wrong post.

Just name McDermott Coach/GM and stop the charade

Agree - but they should have just handed the keys over to Wrecks Ryan - they loved him...

FCOL - Hand the keys to the kingdom over to a first time head coach, who we can only PRAY that he succeeds, JUST BECAUSE his name is NOT WHALEY.

God gave you a brain - learn how to use it!