McDermott: Teams Calling the Bills about the # 10 Pick

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the smart play. This is reputed to be one of the deepest drafts ever; some teams have starting grades on over 80 prospects, which is unheard of. I just think it will be hard to find anyone who wants to move up to 10.

I would love this scenario. We should be able to still get an impact player and add another second rounder. This would even give us the option to trade back into the bottom of first round if someone is there worth the fifth year option.

I just think it will be hard to find anyone who wants to move up to 10.

This depends 100% on who is on the board when our pick comes up.

Would love this, depending on how far down/what value we got back. Only question I have is why would the coach announce this hours before the draft? Possible smokescreen or possibly trying to entice teams to get into a competition for our spot

I'd be fine with moving to around 19-22 with a extra pick but moving further then that I don't think I'd do it.

Would love this, depending on how far down/what value we got back. Only question I have is why would the coach announce this hours before the draft? Possible smokescreen or possibly trying to entice teams to get into a competition for our spot

drive up the price of admission

This depends 100% on who is on the board when our pick comes up.

Absolutely. No one is going to trade up to 10 until they see how the draft breaks. As usual, the QB's will be the key. There is a chance that AZ or HOU will want to get ahead of the Browns, but something tells me the Browns will not still be sitting at 12 by then.

I'm cool with a move down, grab 2 picks and use it for a player and a QB, 2 for one like they did when drafting EJ. I would think Kizer will still be availible later in round 1, maybe get lucky and get Maho or DW. Cant wait till 2nd round for a QB though the top 4 will most likely be gone by the end of rd1

Problem with that is you lose the 5th year option on a good player if that player can stay healthy. Teams picking 1-10 can exercise the 5th year option which is why teams are calling the Bills.

Problem with that is you lose the 5th year option on a good player if that player can stay healthy. Teams picking 1-10 can exercise the 5th year option which is why teams are calling the Bills.

5th yr option exists for all 1st round picks. The only difference is the $ value of the option

really I thought 5th year option was on the full 1st round not just top 10. Dam man thanks for the info, should get interesting tonight

5th yr option exists for all 1st round picks. The only difference is the $ value of the option

Thank you for correction that's what I thought

He is probably just building excitement for draft party.