Bills Big Board, as per Leroi

Estro

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's about the only pick on that board that I couldn't complain about.

Exactly! Thomas, who by all accounts goes top five, if not top three is the only player on that list I would be pumped about.

I do like corey davis but not as much at ten.

Exactly! Thomas, who by all accounts goes top five, if not top three is the only player on that list I would be pumped about.

I do like corey davis but not as much at ten.

And Thomas adds so much pressure that with Dareus, Hughes, Kyle and Shaq our mediocre D suddenly looks like 2014 again. I never will complain about adding an elite pass rusher. This guy looks like Justin Tuck Jr.

Of those 5 Solomon Thomas is the only one I would want. He'll be gone though. If he's not there, I have a hunch it's QB. This off-season has been so tight lipped, no one really knows what McDermott wants......because that's who is making the pic.

I'm wondering if the Cardinals have Watson as their guy and will jump ahead of the Bills to make sure they get him. Carson Palmer's brother has been training him for a long time now, Arians said only one QB in this class is ready to start right away (34 starts right?), they haven't been shy about talking up Mahomes which make me think that's been a "head fake" all along. Think the Cardinals starting QB (and the team) doesn't have a huge insight into whether Watson is the real deal as a franchise QB by now?

Cards have Someone as their guy i bet

2017-04-26 7:15 AM | Jake Hamilton

Bills Today: Savage takes final crack at QB class

Here's the Bills news of note for April 26th.

1. Savage takes final crack at QB class

Phil Savage: "One final once over"

Share:

Former Cleveland Browns general manager, Phil Savage joined The John Murphy show to talk about the upcoming NFL draft, and his assessment of the 2017 quarterback class had a twist to what most are saying.

Savage is currently the executive director of the Reese's Senior Bowl, which takes place in late January each year. It affords him an up close look at some of the best prospects in the draft.

As we get closer to the NFL draft, Savage gave us his perspective on the incoming class of quarterbacks and where he thinks they will go.

"I think it will be Mitchell Trubisky and Deshaun Watson that go for sure in the first round," Savage said. "Then I do think it'll be one of these developmental type quarterbacks Patrick Mahomes, Davis Webb or Deshone Kizer."

Savage does agree with most NFL talent evaluators that the quarterback class is lacking sure fire prospects.

"In all honesty guys, I do think this is a very mediocre quarterback class," he said.

Where Savage's opinion deviated some from most NFL draftniks came with respect to Mitchell Trubisky and DeShaun Watson.

"I do think that Trubisky is probably seen as the best option but I personally like Deshaun Watson better," he stated. "I think if you're taking one of them in the first round ultimately, he's going to be on the field this year at some point. I just think Deshaun with his mentality, intangibles, the leadership, he has incredible drive to want to be a pro quarterback, he's been seen on the biggest of stages, he can handle the media. I think he'll handle the job better."

RELATED: MOCK DRAFT WATCH 9.0

2. Rapoport: Bills "might" be calling about potential trade up.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport recently appeared on Good Morning Football to talk about the approaching NFL Draft.

When discussing the second overall pick, which is currently held by the San Francisco 49ers, there is speculation that they may take a quarterback but there is also interest from other teams to trade up to that spot.

"Well, there are several teams Kay that have already made calls, paving the way for a potential trade up," he said. "It is all the teams that you would think, It's all the teams that have done the considerations for possibly taking a quarterback.

"It would be a team like the New York Jets for instance, a team like the Buffalo Bills possibly, a team like the Cleveland Browns." Rapoport speculates.

He then went on to say that it could be for quarterbacks Mitchell Trubisky, Deshaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes is the true wild car quarterback prospect in this year's draft.

'If' our new HC is making the pick, which I don't necessarily believe, I think its team effort, I would expect he will draft BPA of need

IMO that precludes a QB at #10

I would think it will be a WR, a CB, or an OLB, and maybe a RT

And it would not be a S, front 4, other O-Liners, a RB, a FB, or a TE

So it'll be one of Ross,/Davis/Williams, or one of Foster/Reddick or Lattimore

Look for Awuzzie/Sidney/CB in the 2nd, with maybe Zay Jones or Samuel, and or any 1st round OLB like Harris or Davis that falls

jc

We'll know in about 24 hrs if Leroi is right or wrong

I still think we are taking one of Foster or Reddick at #10 if we stay there

And then the best WR or CB in the 2nd round

jc

If we trade back and all of those guys are off the board, we may never know!

And that's all on our current staff, but i can't expect the Browns to continue to make crappy picks because it's a newer staff? Psh.

Apples and Oranges.

I am not talking about staff but my experience following this team. More than 15 years is more than enough time.

And Whaley has been here since 2010.