TG on Whaley & McD sounds to be in charge update

This is all coming from TGs article on Russ

Tim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham 10h10 hours ago

Old Russ: Involved in football decisions more than you knew. Current Russ: Not as involved as you think.

Tim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham 54m54 minutes ago

And things have changed/are changing. Once Whaley is gone, Brandon's last link to what happens on the field will be, too.

peep show @BuffaloWins

I don't think Russ is picking players anymore, but hard to convince me he's not a sounding board for Pegula w/ hiring GMs and coaches

Tim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham 25m25 minutes ago

McDermott essentially will hire the next GM

Brad Smith @Bsmithizzle

Is it a foregone conclusion Whaley is gone after the draft? Feels like it

Tim GrahamVerified account @ByTimGraham 14m14 minutes ago

I'd been hearing he'd get the 2017 season, but abrupt Sabres moves have changed the mood. I wouldn't be surprised either way

Edit:

John WawrowVerified account @john_wawrow 2m2 minutes ago

And to add to ongoing discussion regarding Whaley's diminishing power, this moved on The AP wire a few hours ago.

http://pro32.ap.org/article/rookie-coach-mcdermotts-voice-gains-prominence-bills

"Don't underestimate the impact Bills rookie coach Sean McDermott has already made on Terry Pegula.

When Buffalo's multi-franchise owner outlined concerns of discipline, structure and character he found lacking in his NHL's Sabres following last week's front-office house-cleaning, they're similar to the troubles Pegula believes he addressed in hiring McDermott."

Edit 2 :

In Buffalo, there’s a belief that the Bills will be making extensive moves in the front office when the draft concludes. Per a league source, the team’s scouts are bracing for job changes after the draft. As one scout explained it, “We are all getting fired next week.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/04/26/bills-scouts-bracing-for-a-post-draft-house-cleaning/

Edit #3:

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak 2m2 minutes ago

Interesting comment from Sean McDermott, who uses word "I" when talking about decision not to trade down again from No. 27, before correcting himself and using "we." Lots of ongoing intrigue about how much power McDermott yields within draft room and how much GM Doug Whaley's voice matters.

Edited by Reed83HOF

• Replies 611
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its because hes in check mate. Hes forced to take qb now at ten. Its the only way to save his job. Fo knows this and thats not a sound draft strategy. ( WHICH IS WHY TERRY YOU SHOULDVE FIRED HIM MONTHS AGO).

Its embarassing that our fo cannot think this stuff through

Edited by Watkins_deep

This is all coming from TGs article on Russ

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 10h10 hours ago

Old Russ: Involved in football decisions more than you knew. Current Russ: Not as involved as you think.

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 54m54 minutes ago

And things have changed/are changing. Once Whaley is gone, Brandon's last link to what happens on the field will be, too.

peep show‏ @BuffaloWins

I don't think Russ is picking players anymore, but hard to convince me he's not a sounding board for Pegula w/ hiring GMs and coaches

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 25m25 minutes ago

McDermott essentially will hire the next GM

Brad Smith‏ @Bsmithizzle

Is it a foregone conclusion Whaley is gone after the draft? Feels like it

Tim Graham‏Verified account @ByTimGraham 14m14 minutes ago

I'd been hearing he'd get the 2017 season, but abrupt Sabres moves have changed the mood. I wouldn't be surprised either way

If true more dysfunction for a dysfunctional organization. Let the rookie coach hire the GM :wacko:

In a WGR article last week there was a picture of Whaley talking to Terry and Kim on the practice field. The body language said it all. Whaley is a goner.

why doesnt he save his pride and resign then....

Bills front office is like the movie office space. Overdorf is milton

Whaley isn't making the picks. I have got scolded for saying this but the truth is coming out.

I don't doubt it, I just am confused as to why they haven't just let him go, or demoted him to director of scouting or something.

Unless, maybe they want to give McDermott the Gase treatment and basically give him a boat load of control after the draft?

I just don't know why they want the input of a guy who they don't value at this juncture.

I can't see Whaley getting fired in between the draft and the season. Pegula would get blasted by the media, and rightfully. Makes no sense to give him the draft right before you fire him. Sounds like journalists stirring the pot to me.

with this organization nothing suprises me.

They fired polian dude. Like wtf

He signed a 4 year extension 1/16, right?

actually thts true. Only makes sense to keep him head of scouting. Honestly why cant we just get a clear hierarchy on personnel decisions. This isnt the cia

Since McD was hired I've gotten the impression that he's in total control of what's going on at OBD. It feels like Whaley is on borrowed time at this point and McD will fill his role with someone else. Just a matter of time and I look forward to that day.