And This is What Makes the Browns, the Browns

H2o

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S-M-O-K-E-S-C-R-E-E-N

This is the #1 pick. From everything I have read they have not even considered trading out. Who wants to move up that bad for Trubisky anyway that they could possibly be putting pressure on?

Why brother with the smokescreen when you have the 1st pick? They should draft Garrett (and I think that they will). I'm thinking that they may trade back up to 5 (using picks 12 and 52) to get him.

Exactly what I was thinking. Who are you trying to fool? You can pick anybody and announce it. Doesn't change anything.

This is the #1 pick. From everything I have read they have not even considered trading out. Who wants to move up that bad for Trubisky anyway that they could possibly be putting pressure on?

Perhaps its somehow tied to what they do with their 12th pick. Sashi and company want to stay at 12 and hope Mitch is there, owner wants them to move up so Jesters and Bills don't grab him. They could be hedging their bets for someone to call them requesting a trade at 12 in the event Mitch goes early.

They should be tarred and feathered if they pass on Garrett.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

How about this: Trade the no 1 pick to NE for Garappolo and Malcolm Butler?

according to Schefter the pats are not trading Jimmy under any circumstances. They ask him every week on his radio spot here because Browns really wanted him and he said on a stack of bibles that his pats source is accurate and they will not be trading him. Makes me think Brady is close to hanging it up no matter how many avocados and kale salads he eats every day. Edited by YoloinOhio

That's an interesting thought!! They can turn around and take someone like Derek Barnett at 12, Dalvin Cook at 33 and Obi Melifonwu at 52. That would be a nice start to the draft.

And I think the Pats would it, too.

Why brother with the smokescreen when you have the 1st pick? They should draft Garrett (and I think that they will). I'm thinking that they may trade back up to 5 (using picks 12 and 52) to get him.

Exactly what I was thinking. Who are you trying to fool? You can pick anybody and announce it. Doesn't change anything.

Why announce the pick before you have to? That would give the other 31 teams more time to think about who they'll pick, knowing in advance one guy who's off the board.