Kevon Seymour's potential in McDermott scheme

he isn't quick to react. he just seems to be lead off by qbs too easily and cannot recover. he may be fast to get there but he is too far away to make all that speed worth anything.

he is marquise goodwin or tj graham for db's.

that's a snapshot of it because i'm tired but, yeah. he's just slow to move in football terms to get where he needs to be and slow to recover from his mistakes.

As a rookie though, and a rookie in a very demanding scheme that has chewed up and spit out more corners than its created... there's got to be some hope that the first step will be found and he will be better reading the field. I'm not the type to assume it will but it's not unreasonable to have the game slow down a little.

It'll be hard though with new scheme, new calls, new techniques. It'll be his third DB coach in 3 years teaching him what to do. All we can do is hope it clicks.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can see where there could be similarities. but i also do not know if i see the similarities.

not to mention, josh norman was not as good as they say. he was benched a lot for poor play in mcd's system. he had very poor games. and only when they had good dl production the one year was norman able to do more than his average performance.

i watched norman a lot during that year confused why people said he was so amazing. he was good. that's it. but he's not been the same since and was never the hype they said.

Maybe they over hyped him because his antics were just made for TV...

forest was fast and he didnt make it to the pro's

yes he was.

the backstory on the player is he didn't have the right prescription for his glasses at usc at that lead to issue and is why he fell in the draft. I would say Whaley and his team did a nice job of sniffing that out but I have been told he is the worst gm in football. Seymour will be on the three corners and we will see. He certainly wasn't a disaster as a rookie.

i can back it up though, which is the fun part. but no one likes to talk x's and o's often.

Trolls can back anything up. They just back it up with nonsense, which is indeed the fun part for the sad critters.

Folks, time to stop feeding the troll.

Edited by Thurman#1

Trolls can back anything up. They just back it up with nonsense, which is indeed the fun part for the sad critters.

Folks, time to stop feeding the troll.

who are you?

Would you actually like to discuss Seymour's play or jump in with the new folks + john just throwing out insults? I'm begging someone to discuss football and an opinion counter to mine so that we can talk about the subject. Instead your bbmb snowflakes melt to name calling and the like.

So, after providing my opinion. I'll expound. And yes, I do know more football than you and a majority of this board. Seymour is a nickel corner ideally. He doesn't have the speed to move across the field up and down on the boundaries disirregardless of his 4.29282737372838383 speed. He is a poor mans mckelvin. In the middle, in the flat, when he can press to the outside or keep the play in front of him he is good enough. As good as robey without the ball tracking.

When pressed to then outside his speed is lost when he actually has to play football. This is why I preferred Bradford or dayrl Worley. They play football better.

Tag Your turn.

As a rookie though, and a rookie in a very demanding scheme that has chewed up and spit out more corners than its created... there's got to be some hope that the first step will be found and he will be better reading the field. I'm not the type to assume it will but it's not unreasonable to have the game slow down a little.

It'll be hard though with new scheme, new calls, new techniques. It'll be his third DB coach in 3 years teaching him what to do. All we can do is hope it clicks.

thinking about this more with what MCD had in Carolina and two rookies taken near Seymour who produced much more consistently I have to hope MCD can do something with him.

who are you?

Would you actually like to discuss Seymour's play or jump in with the new folks + john just throwing out insults? I'm begging someone to discuss football and an opinion counter to mine so that we can talk about the subject. Instead your bbmb snowflakes melt to name calling and the like.

So, after providing my opinion. I'll expound. And yes, I do know more football than you and a majority of this board. Seymour is a nickel corner ideally. He doesn't have the speed to move across the field up and down on the boundaries disirregardless of his 4.29282737372838383 speed. He is a poor mans mckelvin. In the middle, in the flat, when he can press to the outside or keep the play in front of him he is good enough. As good as robey without the ball tracking.

When pressed to then outside his speed is lost when he actually has to play football. This is why I preferred Bradford or dayrl Worley. They play football better.

Tag Your turn.

thinking about this more with what MCD had in Carolina and two rookies taken near Seymour who produced much more consistently I have to hope MCD can do something with him.

Boyst ...

When I read the word "disirregardless" in there I pictured a blond farm kid standing in a half-baled hayfield wearing coveralls with a piece of timothy grass sticking out his mouth speaking with a heavy southern drawl.

I say

I say

that's disirregardless

:lol::lol::lol::D

Sorry for the tangent. Just had to say that.

Thanks for the laugh.

Edited by PolishDave

Boyst ...

When I read the word "disirregardless" in there I pictured a blond farm kid standing in a half-baled hayfield wearing coveralls with a piece of timothy grass sticking out his mouth speaking with a heavy southern drawl.

I say

I say

that's disirregardless

:lol::lol::lol::D

Sorry for the tangent. Just had to say that.

Thanks for the laugh.

only fruits chew timothy. Lespedeza is for the men.

who are you?

Tag Your turn.

Seems to me what happened is you posted an obviously wrong stat about 40 times, and then Thurman showed you up with actual facts, and now you're managing to dig yourself a deeper hole. Ah but you know football better than the majority of the board, sorry to step on a true expert's toes.

I'm good with Seymore and Darby. I don't want us to waste an early draft pick on a corner. I think our biggest issue was the man coverage. Start Darby and Seymore. Go out and sign Corey White again and go with the guys we have now. To many other holes to keep drafting CBs. I'm tired of the cycle. If corner is important enough to draft in the first round every other year, then stop letting the good ones walk.

I'm good with Seymore and Darby. I don't want us to waste an early draft pick on a corner. I think our biggest issue was the man coverage. Start Darby and Seymore. Go out and sign Corey White again and go with the guys we have now. To many other holes to keep drafting CBs. I'm tired of the cycle. If corner is important enough to draft in the first round every other year, then stop letting the good ones walk.

How can anyone be comfortable with Seymour as a starter based on his body of work in either college or as a rookie?

I have to ask...

When I watched Kevon play last year, he played like what he was: a backup. Maybe he'll take a step forward this year. I don't know. I do know he didn't play like a high level starter last season.

So what am I missing? Why do so many people here have a high opinion of his potential?

(I just noticed the Bandit posted something similar just minutes ago).

Edited by hondo in seattle

Now Boyst, you said this...

"Would you actually like to discuss Seymour's play or jump in with the new folks + john just throwing out insults? "

The majority of the members arguing are not new. It's nice to see that lil hidden agenda of yours fall out when *you're* disgruntled.

As for name calling..

Listen here rain drop, sun ray, hail stone...

I guess you're right snowflake has the best ring.

Ya get whatcha give bud.

Seymour is very fast, with a year of NFL experience and the recent (lil over a year) development finding his eye sight was awful. I'd assume he'd need to build some confidence behind this new found heightened sense. I'm hoping he takes the next step because we NEED him to. His speed won't be the area needing improvement.

4.3 is just very fast Boyst. That's it.... and no one continues to carry this thread on due to a personal vendetta. You normally bring about great conversation (albeit with arrogance at times). This time you were just wrong and I don't think you're taking it very well.

Respect is earned, not demanded and taken.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

How can anyone be comfortable with Seymour as a starter based on his body of work in either college or as a rookie?

I guess I just don't think it matters that much in a zone defense. Maybe il be wrong, I just don't think it is as important as it was in Rex's D. I feel like most decent corners will be okay in this defense.

Now Boyst, you said this...

"Would you actually like to discuss Seymour's play or jump in with the new folks + john just throwing out insults? "

The majority of the members arguing are not new. It's nice to see that lil hidden agenda of yours fall out when *you're* disgruntled.

As for name calling..

Listen here rain drop, sun ray, hail stone...

I guess you're right snowflake has the best ring.

Ya get whatcha give bud.

Seymour is very fast, with a year of NFL experience and the recent (lil over a year) development finding his eye sight was awful. I'd assume he'd need to build some confidence behind this new found heightened sense. I'm hoping he takes the next step because we NEED him to. His speed won't be the area needing improvement.

4.3 is just very fast Boyst. That's it.... and no one continues to carry this thread on due to a personal vendetta. You normally bring about great conversation (albeit with arrogance at times). This time you were just wrong and I don't think you're taking it very well.

Respect is earned, not demanded and taken.

Personally Jboyst I dont think you should be calling anyone out for insults....that is 90 percent of your conversation on this board

I actually have no beef with you regardless of the quality of your posts on this board....we have both been here for a long long time and i have just conceded its part of your nature.

but....dont get upset when you post bs and everyone is telling you that cow pucky smells like cow pucky....:)

4.39 is fast.....period

I guess I just don't think it matters that much in a zone defense. Maybe il be wrong, I just don't think it is as important as it was in Rex's D. I feel like most decent corners will be okay in this defense.

It's just as important, just for different reasons.

My point is less about the positional importance and more about the idea that Seymour is the literal definition of "anybody" in this case. I'm not comfortable with "anybody". Gettleman recognized that McDermott's D needs capable corners despite letting Norman walk; hence they drafted Bradberry and Worley in rounds 2 and 3 (respectively) last year.

My point is less about the positional importance and more about the idea that Seymour is the literal definition of "anybody" in this case. I'm not comfortable with "anybody". Gettleman recognized that McDermott's D needs capable corners despite letting Norman walk; hence they drafted Bradberry and Worley in rounds 2 and 3 (respectively) last year.

I guess my question is.....will McDermott's D be good if they have "capable" corners or do they need to be "elite" corners

It seems to me that RR's D relied on "ELITE" corners.......so maybe JAG's that just do their job are actually sufficient?

If passes go incomplete, get knocked down, intercepted, or sacks happen we will actually not know the difference looking at our TV screens from 3000 miles away...:)

That suggests that they will take at least one CB high in this draft - probably pick 1 or 2? Yes? No?

Edited by PolishDave

I guess my question is.....will McDermott's D be good if they have "capable" corners or do they need to be "elite" corners

It seems to me that RR's D relied on "ELITE" corners.......so maybe JAG's that just do their job are actually sufficient?

If passes go incomplete, get knocked down, intercepted, or sacks happen we will actually not know the difference looking at our TV screens from 3000 miles away... :)

No, they don't need what most folks would call "elite" corners, but they do need bigger, longer guys that can bang receivers, play disciplined in their zones, and make smooth transitions from playing in reverse to breaking down on run plays.

That suggests that they will take at least one CB high in this draft - probably pick 1 or 2? Yes? No?

I'd say in the 2nd or 3rd (just as they did in Carolina). I think you'll see someone like Quincy Wilson (2nd), Fabian Moreau (2nd), or Rasul Douglas/Shaq Griffin (R3). I could also see Chidobe Awuzie if he made it into R2 as well.