Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my narrowed down list if I had any say:

116. (5.5) Marlon Mack, RB, USF, 5-11, 215, 4.50 40
125. (5.6) Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma, 5-11, 235, 4.65 - Pro Day
160. (5.4) Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming, 6-1, 220, 4.54
180. (5.4) Matthew Dayes, RB, NC State, 5-9, 205, 4.66
203. (5.0) Elijah McGuire, RB, Lafayette, 5-10, 215, 4.53
279. (5.4) Joe Williams, RB, Utah, 5-11, 210, 4.41

Joe Williams has some character issues, but the talent is undeniable. Might be a top 2 round type talent. He gets my vote.

Wow I just looked at his highlight video and I am impressed, must be some big red flags? The guy has decent size, very good speed and watch his video, good cutbacks and uses his blockers well! Edited by billrooter

Here's my narrowed down list if I had any say:

116. (5.5) Marlon Mack, RB, USF, 5-11, 215, 4.50 40

125. (5.6) Samaje Perine, RB, Oklahoma, 5-11, 235, 4.65 - Pro Day

160. (5.4) Brian Hill, RB, Wyoming, 6-1, 220, 4.54

180. (5.4) Matthew Dayes, RB, NC State, 5-9, 205, 4.66

203. (5.0) Elijah McGuire, RB, Lafayette, 5-10, 215, 4.53

279. (5.4) Joe Williams, RB, Utah, 5-11, 210, 4.41

Just curious why you omit James Conner from this. A copy/paste job from my closed thread:

then draft this guy........

http://www.nfl.com/v...es-James-Conner

He is complementary to Shady. Great at short yardage/goal line and at blitz pickup which are not McCoy's strengths.

His personal story makes for a unique lockeroom presence. He oozes "accountability" out his pores, you won't need to sell him on it. Coming back to practice and play months away from an ACL tear and during chemotherapy treatments is a huge + in my view.

He's from Erie, Pa which is in the heart of the Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh triangle. This buys the Bills some extra credibility there which is a nice side benefit.

He patterns his running style after Marshawn Lynch. I see him as a 232 lb. version of Robb Riddick, who is one of my all time favorites.

Maybe I'm just in the minority of people who aren't too concerned if MG leaves. I certainly wouldn't call RB a need at that point.

Bang have you lost your marbles. We're the number one running team in the NFL and I'm sure we plan on continuing that scenario. If Shady goes down and we don't resign Gillislee, Tolbert or some unproven rookie will be anchoring our number one running offense. For god sakes just pay TD Mike and be done with it, he's worth every penny. And it will still leave us a little cap space to maneuver the draft picks. Let's not get sucked into New England's plan every year by forcing us and a corner. And frankly Gillislee is worth more than a 5th round pick considering his production the last two years

Just curious why you omit James Conner from this. A copy/paste job from my closed thread:

then draft this guy........

http://www.nfl.com/v...es-James-Conner

He is complementary to Shady. Great at short yardage/goal line and at blitz pickup which are not McCoy's strengths.

His personal story makes for a unique lockeroom presence. He oozes "accountability" out his pores, you won't need to sell him on it. Coming back to practice and play months away from an ACL tear and during chemotherapy treatments is a huge + in my view.

He's from Erie, Pa which is in the heart of the Buffalo, Cleveland, Pittsburgh triangle. This buys the Bills some extra credibility there which is a nice side benefit.

He patterns his running style after Marshawn Lynch. I see him as a 232 lb. version of Robb Riddick, who is one of my all time favorites.

Not a fan of what I see. Simple as that. I could be wrong, clearly, I just don't see him producing much at the next level based on some of his tendencies.

I think if they were to draft a runningback late, Corey Clement would be a good fit. Already is accustom to running out of power sets, and looks to be a one cut / downhill runner with a bit of speed combined with power. Not sure we'll go with Connor because he's a battering ram similar to Tolbert

Edited by jdonley1180

I think if they were to draft a runningback late, Corey Clement would be a good fit. Already is accustom to running out of power sets, and looks to be a one cut / downhill runner with a bit of speed combined with power. Not sure we'll go with Connor because he's a battering ram similar to Tolbert

Big 10 RBs. :wub:

have you looked at the track record for big ten runningbacks though? aside from a handful Leveon Bell, Eddie George, Tyrone Wheatley, and Elliot the ones that put up good numbers in college really haven't fared well in the NFL. Or i'm completely off my rocker

have you looked at the track record for big ten runningbacks though? aside from a handful Leveon Bell, Eddie George, Tyrone Wheatley, and Elliot the ones that put up good numbers in college really haven't fared well in the NFL. Or i'm completely off my rocker

Jordan Howard, Melvin Gordon, Carlos Hyde, and i know I'm projecting but Saquan Barkley is going to be the absolute truth next year

3 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 15 rushers from last year were B1G

Edited by YoloinOhio

Not a fan of what I see. Simple as that. I could be wrong, clearly, I just don't see him producing much at the next level based on some of his tendencies.

I see him as outperforming his draft position, wherever that may be. Here is an interesting read from the player himself:

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/james-conner-pitt-letter-to-nfl-gms/

I would love to have him on my team.

What are those numbers? Mike Tolberts YPC.

One touchdown in the last three seasons.

His signing rivals the Ducasse signing for stoooopidness.

LOL Tolbert was not signed to tote the rock. He was signed to be a "McD" guy in the locker room, and he's tough as nails.