Underrated Eateries

Roundybout

DRI for the win!! I've eaten there a lot but never had their beef...good to know

Really!! Their best thing is their beef. I've eaten all over the place

Another one is Kelly's Corner. Beef is out of this world

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know of any good restaurants off the beaten path? Share 'em, so that others may know.

Here's one:

Shy's Steak House

690 Fillmore Ave.

Best damn steak hoagie I have ever had.

https://www.facebook.com/Shys-SteakHouse-104601436290410/

My old neighborhood, Broadway-Fillmore. That building used to be a bank back in my day. I'll have to check it out next time I'm home.

Kelly's

My old neighborhood, Broadway-Fillmore. That building used to be a bank back in my day. I'll have to check it out next time I'm home.

photo of kelly's

Any pictures of their stuff

Kelly's photo of kelly's

Any pictures of their stuff

post-1623-0-31039800-1492626020_thumb.jpg

Edited by Helpmenow

Byblos is no more, closed up late last year.

The Griffon Pub on Military Road in the Falls is terrific. Best poutine I've had outside of Canada.

Son of a B word...I wondered how they stayed open that long

Oh well; guess I'll have to get my Mediterranean fix from Zoe's on Transit.

Edited by thebandit27

Still looks like a bank inside interestingly. The order counter is the tellers window. Very unique vibe there, they even play bootleg movies for you to watch while they make the subs :lol: Edited by GhostsofBillsPast

Although not off the beaten path by any means since it's located on Transit but a restaurant that I think is awesome in WNY that I NEVER hear anybody else ever talk about is Chester's...a Cajun/New Orleans style restaurant which holds a unique place in the WNY restaurant scene.

Although not off the beaten path by any means since it's located on Transit but a restaurant that I think is awesome in WNY that I NEVER hear anybody else ever talk about is Chester's...a Cajun/New Orleans style restaurant which holds a unique place in the WNY restaurant scene.

That place is phenomenal

I've been there and was pleasantly surprised. In particular their Cajun dishes.

The Grange Community Kitchen on Main St. in Hamburg was terrific. Recently opened within past year or so, by the chef from Elm Street Bakery. The building that used to be Tina's for those from the Southtowns. Worth the trip to Hamburg if you don't live nearby.

http://www.grangecommunitykitchen.com

Edited by YoloinOhio

Same here, and I agree... can actually order chipped beef there, it's pretty good.

Lived in FL a long time, but I think I had my first Wawa experience in Orlando last month (for NCAA tourney :) ). VERY impressed. They were so upset they had run out of corkscrews they fell all over themselves apologizing (in a lousy neighborhood). I didn't think there was a chance they'd have one, but the Uber driver said give it a shot. More than I expected, especially in that area.

Bar Bill Tavern in East Aurora.... Best wings and Beef..... ever..

I live in Rochester. Season tickets since 1980. Yeah I'm getting old. Stopped here once on the way home from a game. Not sure about the beef, but they were the best wings I've ever had. And I've had a lot of wings. If I ever stop here again I'll have to try the beef.

Edited by Steve O

Lived in FL a long time, but I think I had my first Wawa experience in Orlando last month (for NCAA tourney :) ). VERY impressed. They were so upset they had run out of corkscrews they fell all over themselves apologizing (in a lousy neighborhood). I didn't think there was a chance they'd have one, but the Uber driver said give it a shot. More than I expected, especially in that area.

Don't get the corkscrew angle... been to the local Wawa hundreds of times and wouldn't even know where to look for one there.

Don't get the corkscrew angle... been to the local Wawa hundreds of times and wouldn't even know where to look for one there.

I'm pretty sure it was a Wawa's (but could be wrong) and it was almost a market place inside with a wine selection. I had my wine at the hotel on ice, but no opener. I asked, and they apologized for running out.

If you sell a bunch of wine (especially in a resort town), selling a method to get at it makes sense.

I'm pretty sure it was a Wawa's (but could be wrong) and it was almost a market place inside with a wine selection. I had my wine at the hotel on ice, but no opener. I asked, and they apologized for running out.

If you sell a bunch of wine (especially in a resort town), selling a method to get at it makes sense.

Gotcha. Odds are it wasn't a Wawa... they make their stores all the same and don't have much in the way of a wine selection at all. Hope you got it opened though.

Gotcha. Odds are it wasn't a Wawa... they make their stores all the same and don't have much in the way of a wine selection at all. Hope you got it opened though.

Oh, I got it opened! :). Google is my friend, and I'm almost positive it was a Wawa on E Colonial Dr on Orlando (aka MLK). Photo looks exactly like it, and Uber driver said "hey man, good look getting home safe". But my team went to the Elite 8, and I lived, so all is good!