Pats sign Gillislee to offer sheet

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost 800 replies in one day because our backup running back signed a RFA tender. Say what you what about Bills fans we care about every single detail of this team!

I think deep down most fans realize that Shady is a lot less productive if he has more carries.......especially the ones he is not good at.

Shady gets all the hype but the Bills are a ground game by committee and MG is a big part of it and McCoy ain't getting any younger.

We've seen team strengths turn into team weaknesses here so fast it makes your head spin.........like leading the league in sacks under Schwartz and finishing LAST under Rex a year later.

The orrganization NEEDS a positive identity and the ground game is as close to having one as they have to it.

Maybe he can get a job with McCoy when he does radio this year, right?

I can always tell what post gets under your skin.......that's the one that you give a response like this too. :lol:

We already addressed that though........apparently I was wrong and it wasn't a leap year and Shady is still only 28. :flirt:

I think deep down most fans realize that Shady is a lot less productive if he has more carries.......especially the ones he is not good at.

Shady gets all the hype but the Bills are a ground game by committee and MG is a big part of it and McCoy ain't getting any younger.

We've seen team strengths turn into team weaknesses here so fast it makes your head spin.........like leading the league in sacks under Schwartz and finishing LAST under Rex a year later.

The orrganization NEEDS a positive identity and the ground game is as close to having one as they have to it.

McCoy is the guy that makes running game go. It's no coincidence that the 2nd RB in 2015 and 2016 had almost identical stats.

this ? is coming from the "Doc"...

2016 suffered a high-ankle sprain in the Week 17 loss to the Jets.

2016 pulled his hamstring during Week 7 and missed Week 8.

2015 tore his MCL in week 15 and missed the remainder of the season.

2015 pulled his hamstring and missed the last 3 weeks of the preseason

not a real serious history to worry about I suppose but one none the less. I know, I was exaggerating, some. but I'd be willing to bet with his workload chances are he'll miss a game or two this season.

if he goes 16 games unscathed, I'll be really surprised?

He had an injury-marred 2015 but missed just one game last year. Not sure that qualifies as "history."

I know I may sound like a broken record at this point, but people should read this if they haven't yet: http://www.csnne.com/new-england-patriots/patriots-still-reaping-rewards-seymour-deal .

My point is that we need to think about who we're dealing with here.

Also, as for those mocking the length of this thread and saying that it wouldn't be nearly as long as if SF were the suitor, no sh*t. The reason it's a big deal is the other party--the party that has dominated the Bills for over a decade and a half.

Yup. What sucks though is it seems like weather we match the offer or not, Patriots are the ones that win. They are that much smarter than us and can afford more luxuries than us.

Frustrating as well hell having them in our division. Never seen a team dominate like they do.

Yup. What sucks though is it seems like weather we match the offer or not, Patriots are the ones that win. They are that much smarter than us and can afford more luxuries than us.

Frustrating as well hell having them in our division. Never seen a team dominate like they do.

How do they win if the Bills match?

Goodwin stepped in and basically replaced Hogan as 4th receiving option last year.

Don't believe me?

Hogan had

Receptions 38 Receiving Yards 680 YPC 17.9 TD 4 (all with Tom Brady as his QB for 12 games)

Goodwin

Receptions 29 Receiving Yards 431 YPC 14.9 TD 3

Both started the same amount of games as well.

I dont think you are bery good with math. I have heard literally every head coach state that a game can swing on one play. 249 yards is the difference thats more than half of Goodwins total yards. Goodwin replaced 63% of hogans production.

How do they win if the Bills match?

Either way they win. Either they get a stud RB, or they put the Bills in increasing cap trouble. Not that we have a chance at winning the AFCE either way, so I'm not sure why I care.

But I do.

He had an injury-marred 2015 but missed just one game last year. Not sure that qualifies as "history."

He missed just one game entirely but he finished 2 others too injured to play(Miami and Jets). Shouldn't have tried to play that Miami game.....he was a liability that day. That was a huge loss. Changed trajectory of season for Bills and Dolphins. MG should have gotten all the snaps that day.

Either way they win. Either they get a stud RB, or they put the Bills in increasing cap trouble. Not that we have a chance at winning the AFCE either way, so I'm not sure why I care.

But I do.

There is no cap trouble. They can easily assume MG's contract.

Yeah if the Bills were in another division they could afford to be a dumpster blaze and still make an occasional 9-7 playoff appearance.....the league is designed to reward mediocrity with occasional success........and perhaps they could even potentially BUILD off of that and have a good team for a few years......but it's very tough being incompetent in the AFC East.

depends on what context you want to put it in.

has he ever had any injuries during his career/history?

I didn't show his tenure with philly, just his two seasons with the bills, which is now, history.

look man, he missed a game and (hamstring) 3 preseason games (2015) and one game (2016) due to yet another pulled hamstring. pretty common injury for a rb.

I don't need to get all technical here, history is just that, history. the way he runs/cuts his chances are very good he sees time lost on the field again due to injury. you can however, say that about any player but since the discussion has been about rb's I just put my opinion out there...

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973