Prospect Watch: Mitch Trubisky QB, UNC

I love how all these experts declare none of these QB's deserve to be top ten players yet they said nothing when Jared Goff went #1 last year.

A classic overreach. I suspect Wentz may wind up the same.

It is not about just drafting QBs. It is about drafting the RIGHT QB.

• Replies 922
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A classic overreach. I suspect Wentz may wind up the same.

It is not about just drafting QBs. It is about drafting the RIGHT QB.

You can'tbe serious. All you said on BBMB is that Manuel needed more time after his first year yet Goff is an overreach after playing in exactly 7 games on a true dumpster fire team with 205 attempts. Oh man thats comical. Edited by Bill_with_it

You missed the point. Why was it ok last year and not this year?

You miss the point. It wasn't OK last year either.

You can'tbe serious. All you said on BBMB is that Manuel needed more time after his first year yet Goff is an overreach after playing in exactly 7 games on a true dumpster fire team with 205 attempts. Oh man thats comical.

Um, no. I thought Manuel needed more time, but he eventually showed he wasn't the guy. And I think Goff needs more time, although I suspect he won't wind up being a long term answer.. When I say over reachit's that they should never have paid the price they did to move up for Goff. Same with Wentz. Each of them may turn out OK, but especially for the Rams they paid a helluva lot for a QB that should not have been the #1 pick in the draft.

Um, no. I thought Manuel needed more time, but he eventually showed he wasn't the guy. And I think Goff needs more time, although I suspect he won't wind up being a long term answer.. When I say over reachit's that they should never have paid the price they did to move up for Goff. Same with Wentz. Each of them may turn out OK, but especially for the Rams they paid a helluva lot for a QB that should not have been the #1 pick in the draft.

Again, you missed the point. This wasn't about whether it was ok or not. Why is the media pretending this year is different than last year?

Forget it, I asked a question and you decided to go down a different road.

Edited by jeffismagic

Again, you missed the point. This wasn't about whether it was ok or not. Why is the media pretending this year is different than last year?

Forget it, I asked a question and you decided to go down a different road.

Next time you might want to make your question more clear.

It was not all right for the media to change perspectives. One of my issues with media I posited in another thread today is consistency.

the thing with the rams is they sucked so hard last year and now they just gave up a really high pick. the eagles at least traded bradford and now still have a first rounder this year and 2nd so they can go right to adding top talent on the roster. if you trade up you better have a nice roster or the ability to get those draft picks back.

no one at 10 is going to make more of an long-term impact at 10 than hitting on a qb..............there is the risk of him busting but you have that risk with all prospects

the answer is simple.... if the organization feels he is franchise qb material you take him.... a WR, CB, or Safety is not making this team a super bowl contender

its time for this team to take risks... we have drafter cbs and wrs before and it made no difference

If Trubisky is there at 10, the consensus scouting opinion will have been confirmed by the several QB needy teams that passed him up.

I love this argument.... as if scouts have never passed on qbs before (Wilson, Rodgers, Prescot, Brady)

Sorry for another speculation thread, but this guy works for optimum scouting, and wrote a piece on what his team has heard around the league.

— If there’s one strong quarterback-team connection, it’s Trubisky and the Bills. They’ve had strong interest throughout the season and draft process, and they actually were one of the teams he looked to for advisement when he was making his decision to declare for the draft. While I don’t believe the Jets will draft a quarterback, the Bills might trade with the Titans to ensure they can get to Trubisky before New York. I would be surprised if they target a different quarterback, but they’ve done their due diligence on all of them.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2017-quarterback-rumors-bears-eagles-browns-49ers/1sh4s33hm8jln1aj1kfmu5ijpd

I believe that sending Terry out to meet with quarterbacks can't be a smokescreen for all that effort. I would not mind Trub here, but we would have to trade up and that is where things get dicy for me. Is Trubisky more valuable than fixing the gaping holes in the backfield?

Edited by GhostsofBillsPast

If Whaley trades up for any QB they better beat out Taylor in training camp and take us to the playoffs next year. If he trades up and the QB is not a franchise guy he deserves to be fired.

First half of the statement is wrong. What happens in the first season doesn't determine anything.

Second sentence is absolutely correct.

If Whaley trades up for any QB they better beat out Taylor in training camp and take us to the playoffs next year. If he trades up and the QB is not a franchise guy he deserves to be fired.

For the most part, Agree. With just 6 picks, he also better be a franchise changer cause we're going to have a lot of undrafted players on the roster and possibly making the final 53. I have to think if we are unable to trade back with say, a Philly, Wash, or Ari., then we have to go receiver(WR or TE) DB and possibly QB, not necessarily in that order. Many options @ receiver, not as many @ DB (but still quite a few), and very little @ QB.

Since you hate this team so much, which team will you be watching this season instead?

:thumbsup:

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY