Aaron Hernandez: Not Guilty

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Yeah, we know. He's taking PEDs and hanging out with Tom Brady."

for some reason i read PEZ and started laughing.

you are old enough to recall the PEZ candy dispensers with the flip tops.

The Sunday Comics in my head showed me Tommy and Aaron sharing PEZs and giggling.

Thanks for the chuckles i got DC ;)

I do believe that's Arlo in Alice's Restaurant. :)

yep. chock full with implements of destruction

ain't money i will see in my pocket. so don't care.

How did no one know this guy was on the edge for awhile? I mean did the Patriots not have any idea the kid was using drugs and hanging with horrid people?

it was known in college. That's why he fell so far. I wanted us to draft him big time. As well as gronk. Both of them that year

Since he already got convicted of first degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without parole, it doesn't really matter. I just feel bad for the victims families trying to find closure.

It does matter b/c of the appellate process. In New York State Hernandez could challenge his conviction on the ground that it is not supported by legally sufficient evidence. Essentially, the argument would be that, while there is "enough" evidence to convict of murder 2 (intentionally causing the death of another person; no special circumstances), there is not "enough" to convict of murder 1 (intentional homicide + special circumstances). If credited, the conviction would be reduced to murder 2, which, unlike murder 1, is a parole eligible offense.

I don't know that Hernandez's appeal has been decided, and I don't know if Mass. law has a provision similar to what I just described. But it's safe to assume it does. So today was the first step in hernandez's longshot efforts to someday be a free man. He had to win today and has to win on appeal.

Also, I assume the threat of appeal in Hernandez's first case caused the judge in this case to run today's sentence consecutive to the life term. Contrary to what florio said, the consecutive sentence probably wasn't spiteful or a commentary on the jury. It was insurance against a Hernandez appellate victory in the first case.