Should the Bills move back in the draft to stockpile picks

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depends how the first 9 picks go. I don't believe in trading down just for the sake of it if there are still elite level players available. Now if the players available at 10 aren't graded much higher than guys projected to go later then absolutely try and trade down.

This is the correct answer.

TO MAKE A BLANKET STATEMENT WITHOUT knowing what players are available is foolish.

Also the correct answer.

Ideally yes. It's s deep draft in certain areas that would be helpful to the team (CB, WR, etc).

I agree unless Adams or Williams is there then stock them picks up.

No point for Whaley to get 2018 draft picks when he needs a stellar draft his year just to keep his job.

Thats the line of thinking that destroys franchises. Whaley shouldnt be drafting worrying about his job, he ahould be drafting based on the team. If he does the latter his job will be ok. When you start chasing glory then thats usually a terrible draft style.

Holy shnikees!?!? Who would have ever thought about moving back in the draft!?!?! That is a fantastic idea that has never been discussed here. I think you should start a thread about it!

After he starts a thread you should post in it that he started a thread that he shouldnt have started.

Holy shnikees!?!? Who would have ever thought about moving back in the draft!?!?! That is a fantastic idea that has never been discussed here. I think you should start a thread about it!

Why isn't it the message board police 🚨 "Hey, it's been discussed before...you can't discuss it anymore, it's against the rules!!" Get a life loser!

Edited by Jerry Jabber

I don't have a problem with this. I think this year is going to be a down year anyway. The schedule looked tough and we did lose some talent. I have no issue with looking toward future years. That said, I am not really on board with the whole tanking idea.

Trade down to like 12-14, gain an extra 3rd. Then trade that pick and drop down to 20, and gain a 2nd.

Imagine having a top 20 pick, 2 seconds rd picks and 2 third rd picks. 5 picks in top 90 picks for dropping down 10 spots.

I like the sound of this

TO MAKE A BLANKET STATEMENT WITHOUT knowing what players are available is foolish.

I'd also have to know what offers I'm getting. There's always opportunity to trade away a draft pick for crappy value. Who's off the board? What am I getting? Which team is making the offer?

In my opinion it will not be a successful draft unless they do so. It's a deep draft. If you can keep moving down in Round 1 you'll still get a really good player in 1 but also more really good players in rounds 2, 3 and 4. I don't even care if there is a guy they really really really like. When you have the holes this team has you shouldn't fall in love with one player. I don't care HOW elite the guy is. Is 1 guy worth 3 good players? To me, only if it is a QB. Keep getting more good ones all atround the field!This team is dying for some depth (and youthful energy). Many prior drafts have failed or we've traded up rather than down. It just doesn't seem like a sustainable approach to have to fill over half the roster with free agents. They need more players. Almost everywhere! Trade down (if possible) and get them!

Edited by norton20

Trade down to like 12-14, gain an extra 3rd. Then trade that pick and drop down to 20, and gain a 2nd.

Imagine having a top 20 pick, 2 seconds rd picks and 2 third rd picks. 5 picks in top 90 picks for dropping down 10 spots.

Amen to this! Should have just quoted you rather than trying my own post.

everyone always talks in blanket statements about wanting to trade up or wanting to trade down. you're thinking about it wrong, it's all about the value you're getting for what you give up. talking about trading down without any sort of discussion of spesifics on what picks are being given/received is meaningless.

Trade down a few spots if you can get an additional 3rd round pick. Trade down 8-12 spots if you can get an additional 2nd round pick. Trade down to the bottom if tge 1st or top of 2nd if you can get an additiobal 3rd rounder this year plus a 1st rounder next yr (this would be my favorite scenario).

Take Watson or Mahomes in the 1st. If both are gone and we dont go QB, I want Corey Davis. In the 2nd round i want some secondary help. Desmond King (Iowa) and Marcus Maye (Florida) are 2 guys I like. King is a ballhawk.

If we dont go for a WR in the first 2 rounds my favorite round 3 candidates are ArDarius Stewart (Alabama), Cooper Kupp and Amara Darboh (Michigan). Stewart, a Greg Cosell favorite, has the ability to be a very good WR. Check out his tape on youtube. Very good after the catch. Kupp is strictly a slot WR, but I love his hands and change of direction.

My point is a trade down gives us another whack at picking up a solid player in round 2 or 3. There are so many players that I like in the draft, so I love the idea of getting an extra pick.

In my opinion it will not be a successful draft unless they do so. It's a deep draft. If you can keep moving down in Round 1 you'll still get a really good player in 1 but also more really good players in rounds 2, 3 and 4. I don't even care if there is a guy they really really really like. When you have the holes this team has you shouldn't fall in love with one player. I don't care HOW elite the guy is. Is 1 guy worth 3 good players? To me, only if it is a QB. Keep getting more good ones all atround the field!This team is dying for some depth (and youthful energy). Many prior drafts have failed or we've traded up rather than down. It just doesn't seem like a sustainable approach to have to fill over half the roster with free agents. They need more players. Almost everywhere! Trade down (if possible) and get them!

Good points, but, nothing to do with the OPs question. He is advocating trading picks this year for picks next year(s).