347 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills Exercise Sammy's 5th Year Option

• Yes. No Brainer
    • No. Too Injury Prone

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of overpaying other teams free agents to fill so many of those holes because if they are coming to Buffalo as is........they are resigned to losing. Just not a good position to be free agent shopping from.

Badol, does the above quote suggest that trading down multiple times is the thing to do?

Yes, building a team also involves free agency and trades but imo, the best method will always be to draft the right players.

Trade value not that good. Might as well play him and see what happens. I don't think they will pick up his option either.

Draft someone, play Sammy, and hope it pans out...the Buffalo way!

I think a team 25-32 looking for a WR would offer their 1st round. Hes only 23, they'd pick up the 5th year option. I feel teams around the league know Sammys value. Unfortunately hes in Buffalo with a team being ran by idiots.

I think a team 25-32 looking for a WR would offer their 1st round. Hes only 23, they'd pick up the 5th year option. I feel teams around the league know Sammys value. Unfortunately hes in Buffalo with a team being ran by idiots.

So you are saying that other teams recognize his talent but a team that traded an additional 1st round pick to get him doesn't recognize his talent? Got it

So you are saying that other teams recognize his talent but a team that traded an additional 1st round pick to get him doesn't recognize his talent? Got it

That's exactly what I am saying. You don't let players like Watkins leave. If they do, they are showing that they don't value his skills.

I hope you're right.

They aren't stupid. They wish he were healthier but the same things were said about Julio through 3 years. Sammy has played 3 more games in his 1st 3 years than Julio did in his 1st 3. The Bills will extend the option and hope that he gets healthy. If he does, the long-term deal will be offered.

Which team is going in that range is hurting at WR and is going to give up a first round pick for a WR that is coming off another surgery because he cant stay healthy?

They aren't stupid. They wish he were healthier but the same things were said about Julio through 3 years. Sammy has played 3 more games in his 1st 3 years than Julio did in his 1st 3. The Bills will extend the option and hope that he gets healthy. If he does, the long-term deal will be offered.

To me this is not even a debate....they will of course pick up his option

Which team is going in that range is hurting at WR and is going to give up a first round pick for a WR that is coming off another surgery because he cant stay healthy?

Oh I think a lot of those teams would make that move. The Pats gave 32 for Cooks. He's a nice player but Watkins talent dwarfs his. A bunch of them would take the chance.

Thank you, someone else that gets it!