Happy 56th Birthday to Chef Jim

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

which one?

one of the accurite? i have had several. none EVER make it past 2 years. if it was one on amazon i've likely tried it. and all of those at lowes.

Yes. 5 in one. I imagine if you piss in the rain gauge every day to see now much your bladder holds the damn things are going to break.

Yes. 5 in one. I imagine if you piss in the rain gauge every day to see now much your bladder holds the damn things are going to break.

the rain gauge is tough. Check it and keep a standard glass one nearby. If you're at all off center it's not gonna be accurate

And the fan to keep air flow over the thermostat breaks quickly

the rain gauge is tough. Check it and keep a standard glass one nearby. If you're at all off center it's not gonna be accurate

And the fan to keep air flow over the thermostat breaks quickly

Nothing beats the tried and true. @ work for almost the last 60 years of existence, @ 06:00 we check the weather. Last 5 or so years we have two rain gauges. One automatic on the side of the building and the other, the tried and true USGS "shell casing", housing, and stick. We "stick" that one every day and empty @ 06:00.

The two are usually on. But time during huge deluges, the computer one gets squirrely, doesn't sense properly... Etc... A headache. The simple one is never off and they are in same location, not blocked or influenced by structures, weather, etc... Even when shell casing over flows (over 2" of precip), you can transfer and record from main housing (sealed to hold water).

Now snow and mixed precip? Computer is almost useless.

But... Anyway, Cheffy will have no worries about this. It never rains in Southern California, it just pours! :-/

Nothing beats the tried and true. @ work for almost the last 60 years of existence, @ 06:00 we check the weather. Last 5 or so years we have two rain gauges. One automatic on the side of the building and the other, the tried and true USGS "shell casing", housing, and stick. We "stick" that one every day and empty @ 06:00.

The two are usually on. But time during huge deluges, the computer one gets squirrely, doesn't sense properly... Etc... A headache. The simple one is never off and they are in same location, not blocked or influenced by structures, weather, etc... Even when shell casing over flows (over 2" of precip), you can transfer and record from main housing (sealed to hold water).

Now snow and mixed precip? Computer is almost useless.

But... Anyway, Cheffy will have no worries about this. It never rains in Southern California, it just pours! :-/

way too much to read. Sowwie

I'm 35. Andits140 character

You're still a shameless Millennial. Sorry you are too lazy to work. Where I come from it's shameless to whine about things that are hard. Whining makes you a delicate snowflake. God forbid your precious time get taken up.

Too many words? I will start posting them in pictures.

Sesame Street generation. Life in 3 minute bursts.