QB TJ Yates Visited the Bills and now Signed to a Deal

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yates' career will last longer even though EJ has the benefit of the 1st round label that helps guys get chances, he's that bad.

I guess we'll have to see. Personally if I was a qb, I'd rather get signed by the Raiders than the Bills.

The Bills next to the Browns are the worst franchise in the NFL at developing qbs. Luckily for Tyrod, he got drafted by Baltimore.

i think it's a good signing. however, i really don't think this changes the teams approach concerning qbs in the draft. i think that given all the players the bills have brought in that they are setting themselves up for all possible scenarios.

i don't think this would mean that they wouldn't take trubisky at 10. i actually think we will see 4qbs on the roster this summer. i believe they are looking ahead at probably trading tyrod next year..barring a playoff run.

we could see tyrod...tj...cj and chad kelly this summer and i'd be stoked about that. low man to the practice squad.

it will be an added bonus if kelly goes undrafted.

Edited by billsredneck1

I'm assuming he would be in camp because he knows the offense. Doesn't mean he will make the team. Otherwise you are looking at TT, Cardale and 2 rookies in camp, which is much harder than having a vet who knows what he's doing. No one expects him to be the QB of the future.

Agreed. There has to be at least one vet in camp. No guarantee he'll even make the team but it does benefit the lesser experienced QB's to have him around for the time being anyway.

could he be a sign (see matt simms, matt lienart) and cut? no, he should make the roster. he did a decent job under center in helping the texans get in to the post season and even winning a playoff game against another then rookie andy dalton. they couldn't get past the ravens but his resume' is not terrible (not great either) and should serve as the 3rd string or could beat out jones for the back up spot?

he certainly is no matt simms, that's for sure...

simmsnostop.0.0.gif

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I guess we'll have to see. Personally if I was a qb, I'd rather get signed by the Raiders than the Bills.

The Bills next to the Browns are the worst franchise in the NFL at developing qbs. Luckily for Tyrod, he got drafted by Baltimore.

Can't dispute this. Granted, the Mat that took down Kolb only expedited the likely conclusion to Kolbs career ending anyhow. Seems like a strong breeze would've forced EJ into action early into his rookie season any which way you slice it.

We've been awful developing QB's.

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

after 2 years of having the worst QB in the league as our back up and an auto-loss, we now have a solid vet QB that can actually come in and play on this level. A guy that can execute the offense on a professional level that has seen nfl defenses and actually understands the fundamentals of playing the position. A guy that has started and won a playoff game as a QB. A guy that understands what it means to be a professional. Obviously you hope that it never comes down to your backup QB having to play, but at least now if we do need it...it's not an automatic loss.

Yates is just as bad of a backup... A team with no franchise QB doesn't need a bad backup. They need a future...

Edited by Beef Jerky

I don't think they are moving on from Cardale but I also don't think they are going to just hand him the #2 spot. He is still so raw, he needs to earn it. New coaching staff and scheme and just so little film of him to go on. Flip side is Dennison knows Yates very well and there is a comfort factor. This signing precludes them from nothing, it's a smart signing going into camp.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I don't think they are moving on from Cardale but I also don't think they are going to just hand him the #2 spot. This signing precludes them from nothing, it's a smart signing going into camp.

As long as he is only camp fodder, I don't want a QB with zero future and zero ability to be the #2. Give me an unknown rookie, this is what the franchise needs to do.

I don't think they are moving on from Cardale but I also don't think they are going to just hand him the #2 spot. This signing precludes them from nothing, it's a smart signing going into camp.

My logic is at the very least he will help Tyrod and any other QB in the meeting room because he's familiar with the offensive scheme we will be running. That strikes me as very useful.. for everyone.