Davis Webb Q.B. Cal

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The QB's I like late are Webb and Dobbs. Unfortunately for you, Webb is tall and white. So he will get taken higher than the value.

After watching some of the QBs this draft has to offer I think Brad Kaaya is the one that fits better in Dennison's system. If he's there with our fourth round pick, it would make perfect sense to take him (given that we don't take another QB earlier)

After watching some of the QBs this draft has to offer I think Brad Kaaya is the one that fits better in Dennison's system. If he's there with our fourth round pick, it would make perfect sense to take him (given that we don't take another QB earlier)

We don't have a 4th. We used it to move up for Ragland.

I don't disagree with at all but man, I hate drafting a guy because he fits this coaches system. If SM and his staff gets fired, then that system is gone.

Hopefully, they just draft the best qb.

I don't disagree with at all but man, I hate drafting a guy because he fits this coaches system. If SM and his staff gets fired, then that system is gone.

I get this, but I would hope we don't have a system change before a mid-round picks contract is up. Switching coaches every 2 years is a great way to stay in the basement. If the QB fits what Dennison wants to do then there's a good chance he will look good.

I get this, but I would hope we don't have a system change before a mid-round picks contract is up. Switching coaches every 2 years is a great way to stay in the basement. If the QB fits what Dennison wants to do then there's a good chance he will look good.

Good point.

if we don't draft a QB early, and it might be a possibility I like Kaaya the most in that late QB group. One of the few QBs that takes snaps from under center and with a sweet play action fake. The only concern is his arm strenght but I think he makes the most of it with timing and anticipation.

if we don't draft a QB early, and it might be a possibility I like Kaaya the most in that late QB group. One of the few QBs that takes snaps from under center and with a sweet play action fake. The only concern is his arm strenght but I think he makes the most of it with timing and anticipation.

Don't forget his biggest strength: his mom is the original bye Felicia!

Kaaya is a nice fit. Not a huge fan but could see it.

I watched a bit of Cal this year. I was intrigued by Webb. Not an early rounder though imo. But I'm no scout.

....sounds like you and Mr. Webb disagree..............

Davis Webb says “double-digit” teams told him he’s a first-rounder

Posted by Josh Alper on March 25, 2017, 11:44 AM EDT

When discussing the top quarterbacks in this year’s draft, attention has largely been focused on North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky, Clemson’s Deshaun Watson, Notre Dame’s DeShone Kizer and Texas Tech’s Patrick Mahomes.

Mahomes’ former backup in Lubbock says that he’s hearing there’s room for one more in that group. Davis Webb transferred to California for the 2016 season and put together a performance he says has impressed NFL scouts.

Webb held his pro day workout on Friday and said after it was over that he’s gotten a lot of positive feedback during his conversations with teams.

“I’ve talked to a lot of NFL people,” Webb said, via ESPN.com. “And double-digit teams have told me I’m a first-round guy. Every meeting I’ve had, they’ve said I’m one of the best quarterbacks on the board.”

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

This guy is a poor mans version of Jared Goff.

Did anyone see how horrific Goff was last season?

The Air Raid offense doesn't produce NFL calibre QBs.

It's not about Air Raid. I was told Goff would be a bust but it had nothing to do with playing in a spread offense. Air Raid is just a spread offense. There is nothing about it that prevents a prospect anymore than another spread offense. Air Raid's poor record has to do with they had few talented QB prospects playing in it.

It's not about Air Raid. I was told Goff would be a bust but it had nothing to do with playing in a spread offense. Air Raid is just a spread offense. There is nothing about it that prevents a prospect anymore than another spread offense. Air Raid's poor record has to do with they had few talented QB prospects playing in it.

....and the spread is shotgun...some pretty interesting stats...........

By HOWARD FENDRICH and MARK LONG , Associated Press

January 13, 2017 - 11:16 PM

Might be hard to believe while watching Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs this weekend, but it wasn't all that long ago that the shotgun formation was something of a curiosity in the NFL, used less than once every five plays in 2006.

In today's pass-heavy era populated by players who became accustomed to spread offenses in high school and college, most teams use it most of the time: This season, 60 percent of offensive snaps began with the quarterback 5 yards or so behind the line of scrimmage.

During their first 10 plays in the wild-card round, the four winners — Rodgers' Packers , Wilson's Seahawks , Roethlisberger's Steelers and Brock Osweiler's Texans — used the shotgun a combined 67.5 percent.

This is the Qb who gets my attention the most.

6-5 230 4.79 forty 33 verticle 9.8 broad . Big arm ,4,295 yds passing this season. 37 passing tds,6 rushing. This is the type of Qb I like. Gets fired up. Alot to work with. Seems to talk smarter than the other Qbs I`ve seen interviewed. Mahomes supposedly beat him out . Who`s your daddy ? Maybe ,maybe not. Anyway I like this kid.

Well he is the biggest so Whaley should like him but he is another spread QB who will struggle in the League.

....and the spread is shotgun...some pretty interesting stats...........

By HOWARD FENDRICH and MARK LONG , Associated Press

January 13, 2017 - 11:16 PM

Might be hard to believe while watching Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson or Ben Roethlisberger in the playoffs this weekend, but it wasn't all that long ago that the shotgun formation was something of a curiosity in the NFL, used less than once every five plays in 2006.

In today's pass-heavy era populated by players who became accustomed to spread offenses in high school and college, most teams use it most of the time: This season, 60 percent of offensive snaps began with the quarterback 5 yards or so behind the line of scrimmage.

During their first 10 plays in the wild-card round, the four winners — Rodgers' Packers , Wilson's Seahawks , Roethlisberger's Steelers and Brock Osweiler's Texans — used the shotgun a combined 67.5 percent.

People that declare Air Raid QB's will fail are channeling 85 year old scouts who are living a few decades ago.

People that declare Air Raid QB's will fail are channeling 85 year old scouts who are living a few decades ago.

lol please name any good Air Raid QBs in the NFL?

Just because a team uses shotgun doesn't mean Spread QBs will do well. The reason spread QBs suck is because they don't have to go through progressions nor understand defenses in college and then when they come into the NFL they get overwhelmed and lose confidence and then discarded.