We need Anquan Boldin

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE NEED VETERAN LEADERSHIP AT THE WIDE RECEIVER POSITION!! Check out all the fourth quarter comebacks in Detroit last year. Boldin was the go-to guy, A big bodied vet who has been to the big dance could be got relatively cheap...your thoughts?

We have $6.2 million left after the first 51 contracts and after you take off the average rookie draft pool numbers for teams drafting #10. See Spotrac. And this is a team that generally keeps $5 - $6 mill available during the season for injury replacements.

So, I like Boldin. But we're about set at this point.

We may cut a guy or two who might give us a smidgeon of space but we aren't going to have enough to bring in a big name. Guys won't sign with us for possible-title discounts like they do with teams like the Pats, Packers, etc.

Edited by Thurman#1

We have $6.2 million left after the first 51 contracts and after you take off the average rookie draft pool numbers for teams drafting #10. See Spotrac. And this is a team that generally keeps $5 - $6 mill available during the season for injury replacements.

So, I like Boldin. But we're about set at this point.

We may cut a guy or two who might give us a smidgeon of space but we aren't going to have enough to bring in a big name. Guys won't sign with us for possible-title discounts like they do with teams like the Pats, Packers, etc.

Good math, thanks for the update.

WE NEED VETERAN LEADERSHIP AT THE WIDE RECEIVER POSITION!! Check out all the fourth quarter comebacks in Detroit last year. Boldin was the go-to guy, A big bodied vet who has been to the big dance could be got relatively cheap...your thoughts?

It depends upon what the Bills are really trying to do this year. If they're trying to win enough games to creep into the playoffs, a vet like Boldin could help them.

If they're trying to build a long-term contender, a 37 year old guy is little help in that regard.

It depends upon what the Bills are really trying to do this year. If they're trying to win enough games to creep into the playoffs, a vet like Boldin could help them.

If they're trying to build a long-term contender, a 37 year old guy is little help in that regard.

I disagree. Bringing in a few older guys to set a tone and teach young guys how to prepare and compete can have effects lasting longer that their tenure with the team.

This would be a great signing. Checks all the boxes. He's affordable because he's old by NFL standards. Draft Howard with the 10th pick and use the rest of the draft on Defense!!! Hopefully he has a positive vibe and relationship with Taylor

CBS Sports reports the Lions and Ravens have both expressed interest in re-signing free agent Anquan Boldin.

A Raven from 2010-12, Boldin was a Lion last season. Both teams have depth issues at receiver. For his part, Boldin has said he plans to wait until close to training camp to pick his 2017 home. Last year, Boldin didn't sign with the Lions until late July. Apr 6 - 5:43 PM

Source: CBS Sports

This was a move that should have been made last year, many folks were screaming for it. Don't make the move a year late just because you regret not doing it last year.

He is a year older and they are transitioning to a new staff, find young guys that are going to be here for the future.

I would say the odds are long on Boldin becoming a Bill. He is probably looking for a team that will get him another ring and not one that hopes to be there in January. I would also think the new coach wants guys that he can get into the system now and has been stated AB isn't signing until August.

I would say the odds are long on Boldin becoming a Bill. He is probably looking for a team that will get him another ring and not one that hopes to be there in January. I would also think the new coach wants guys that he can get into the system now and has been stated AB isn't signing until August.

better odds at resigning TO first.(COUGH)........

I disagree. Bringing in a few older guys to set a tone and teach young guys how to prepare and compete can have effects lasting longer that their tenure with the team.

I agree that a few older guys who have "been there" and set the tone have lasting effects, but you can't do that at every position, and they have to be guys who will grind with the kids through OTAs and TC and hopefully, stay and influence for a couple seasons. Boldin is a great player and could contribute even on his downhill side, but do you see him as showing the way during OTAs and also, at 37, as being here several years?

Hasn't he (or his reps) said publically he won't sign until just before TC?