Mets fans?

Another Fan

On 10/7/2019 at 7:43 AM, Rocket94 said:

It looks like Girardi and Showalter are out as well. These guys are too set in their ways to change now. Somewhere, right now, a lackey is about to be the Mets manager and he doesn't know it yet.

Of course....always with another lame choice for the Mess.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

"So, Mr. Goat, how can we, Mets management, pi$$ you off even more?" 

"No, wait! We got it!!!"

giphy.gif

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA 

Love,

~BVW

Is that the 2006 Cardinals game! Now I am getting sad! 

• Like (+1) 2

Beltran has always had a vacant personality/ someone with thin skin.  If he had trouble with the spotlight as a player I have no idea why we should expect anything different as manager.  

No wonder the front office loves this guy then....  Someone they can just push around.  And we thought Mickey didn't have much of a voice.

This to me would be about as bad a hire as the Jets hiring Gase.  It is that disturbing to me

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 10/11/2019 at 5:26 PM, Golden Goat said:

On a happier note, congrats to Pete Alonso, UNANIMOUS Rookie of the Year!

Way to go Polar Bear!

On 10/11/2019 at 7:30 PM, Another Fan said:

Beltran has always had a vacant personality/ someone with thin skin.  If he had trouble with the spotlight as a player I have no idea why we should expect anything different as manager.  

No wonder the front office loves this guy then....  Someone they can just push around.  And we thought Mickey didn't have much of a voice.

This to me would be about as bad a hire as the Jets hiring Gase.  It is that disturbing to me

Lets hope the Mets are just running Beltran through. Maybe the Mets just want to hear what Beltran has to say.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Lets hope the Mets are just running Beltran through. Maybe the Mets just want to hear what Beltran has to say.

In all the years he was with the Mets I can't remember Beltran ever being the voice of the team. 

He would be a high risk hire. Not sure if any Met fan wants him as the next manager and the media would feed off it.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

In all the years he was with the Mets I can't remember Beltran ever being the voice of the team. 

He would be a high risk hire. Not sure if any Met fan wants him as the next manager and the media would feed off it.

Beltran must feel that everyone is experiencing memory loss. He always struck me as a strange dude. Yes, the media would have a field day with him.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I did kind of hear his last year he started assuming more of a leadership role but it was short lived.  

Ugh, the Yankees won last night.  I mean besides obviously not being a fan I woke up worrying about the Mets and BVW.  BVW isn't exactly going to like playing back page to them meaning he's probably got a bunch of stupid trades/deals up his sleeve.  He's not exactly a process guy like what McDermott's been doing 

• Like (+1) 2

As you have probably read, Carlos Beltran has stated that he will only manage the Mets. Is this some attempt at redemption? Would he once and for all, truly lead this young Mets team and be their voice?

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

As you have probably read, Carlos Beltran will only manage the Mets. Is this some attempt at redemption? Would he once and for all, truly lead this young Mets team and be their voice?

The thing that rubbed me the worst about Carlos was years later when he signed with the Yankees.  The first thing he did was say the Mets mistreated him.  Before then I was always sort of eeh on him but that made him seem to me an overpaid over sensitive athlete.  

Not sure what this is about?  I mean maybe he’s sincere?  But like my momma tells me don’t burn bridges with people 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

The thing that rubbed me the worst about Carlos was years later when he signed with the Yankees.  The first thing he did was say the Mets mistreated him.  Before then I was always sort of eeh on him but that made him seem to me an overpaid over sensitive athlete.  

Not sure what this is about?  I mean maybe he’s sincere?  But like my momma tells me don’t burn bridges with people 

I never understood how the Mets mistreated Beltran. I believe that he concocted the whole thing in his head. Yes, then he jumps to the Yankees with his parting shots. What worries me about Beltran the most is, has this guy matured enough in his own life? Are we sure he can lead a very positive young core? Surely these young players are aware of how he left the Mets. This seems like a self less, team first core.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Now Eduardo Perez is being considered as Mets manager. I hear that he has been working the phones seeking advice. Guess who his colleague is? Jessica Mendoza! She is the one who told Arod as Yankees advisor that the Yankees should pursue Thor at the trade deadline. She also works for the Mets to assist Brodie with his new "out of the box" approach with Mets operations.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Now Eduardo Perez is being considered as Mets manager. Guess who his colleague is? Jessica Mendoza! She is the one who told Arod as Yankees advisor that the Yankees should pursue Thor at the trade deadline. She also works for the Mets to help Brodie with his new "out of the box" approach with Mets operations.

My first thought was who the heck is Eduardo Perez.

I have a feeling Jerry Seinfeld May be next for an interview with the out of the box approach.  At least he’s been a loyal fan 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

My first thought was who the heck is Eduardo Perez.

I have a feeling Jerry Seinfeld May be next for an interview with the out of the box approach.  At least he’s been a loyal fan 

Ha! The way the Mets do things, any one of us fans should get out our resumes

• Thank you (+1) 1