Mets fans?

Another Fan

If you look at my history of posts on this thread I’ve probably declared this team dead more than three times this year.

I still have my doubts but for sure this is a resilient group.  I think Mickey gets at least a little credit there.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Another Fan said:

That's one good way to put it!  Tough weekend 

August was an unexpected fun month. I'm hoping for more in September.

The next three against the Cubs could be huge: sweep and we may be in a playoff spot, swept and we're pretty much left for dead. Split is more likely and prolongs our hope/agony..

LFGM!!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Same sentiment 23 days later.

I'll continue to hope for the best and expect the worst.

Tomorrow we face Vargas. This has worst written all over it.

I expect the worst as well but I do expect they are not going to die without a fight.  If that makes any sense.  

I don't know if you saw this but my favorite managerial candidate is in trouble again:

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/news/ex-mets-2b-wally-backman-arrested-domestic-dispute

I tend to reserve judgment without knowing all the facts but it just doesn't look good for him.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Another Fan said:

I expect the worst as well but I do expect they are not going to die without a fight.  If that makes any sense.  

I don't know if you saw this but my favorite managerial candidate is in trouble again:

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/news/ex-mets-2b-wally-backman-arrested-domestic-dispute

I tend to reserve judgment without knowing all the facts but it just doesn't look good for him.  

Not dying without a fight makes sense. That 10-1 to 10-7 loss is a perfect example. Should/Could have won that game. The hole is probably too deep without another remarkable run but they dialed me back in tonight.

I saw the Backman headline in the past half hour but didn't click. Don't need the bad vibe tonight. Where theres's smoke there's usually fire.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/30/2019 at 10:59 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Not dying without a fight makes sense.

Yep.  3 wins out of the last 4.  I still think ultimately they're going to come up short in the end but I do expect to see some fight.

I don't know the statistics but I want to say the Mets usually perform well on Labor Day.  Until the Braves game that year September of 2001 was one of my most memorable months as a Mets fan.  I still recall them beating the Phillies at the old Vet on Labor Day that year to sort of start their run.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yep.  3 wins out of the last 4.  I still think ultimately they're going to come up short in the end but I do expect to see some fight.

I don't know the statistics but I want to say the Mets usually perform well on Labor Day.  Until the Braves game that year September of 2001 was one of my most memorable months as a Mets fan.  I still recall them beating the Phillies at the old Vet on Labor Day that year to sort of start their run.  

Looks like it's down to you and me AF. Haven't heard from Blue in a while, I hope all is well with him.

You and I are on the same page. Hard to imagine them making it to the wild card game, but they are a fun team to watch - except of course for the bullpen - and I'll enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

You nailed it amigo.

I'm numb at the moment.  I can't really just comprehend that yet

The ride just got a little shorter.

Not patting myself on the back here but when the Mets went up 10-4 I told my boys they should just let Lugo finish the job. They had already committed to him for 2 innings.  Still, that never should have happened.

BTW, raise your hand if you predicted an 11-10 finish to the game started by DeGrom and Scherzer.

• Like (+1) 1