Mets fans?

Another Fan

On 6/30/2019 at 6:08 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Apparently the Mets paid tribute to players from the 1969 who have passed away and somehow managed to include two players who are still alive.

Reminds me of Monty Python and the Holy Grail: "I'm not dead yet!"

https://nypost.com/2019/06/30/mets-have-apologized-to-one-of-the-players-they-accidentally-had-dead/

Leafs have a mania for constantly parading out old players and abandoning them to stand there alone in front of a large crowd, a few times they have started getting very agitated 

The best was the Habs letting Aurel Joliet go on the ice with skates on, he had to be 90, didn’t see the carpet on the ice and took a wee tumble

A pretty good interview with Dom Smith below.  I was in "so done with him" mode last year, it's remarkable how he's turned things around.

I  remember telling my kids when I first saw him that he looked like a guy who needed a pillow. Turned out there was some truth to that. 

https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/dominic-smith-on-jeff-mcneils-hot-dog-secret-crushing-yankees-and-sleep-struggles/

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

A pretty good interview with Dom Smith below.  I was in "so done with him" mode last year, it's remarkable how he's turned things around.

I  remember telling my kids when I first saw him that he looked like a guy who needed a pillow. Turned out there was some truth to that. 

https://nypost.com/2019/07/02/dominic-smith-on-jeff-mcneils-hot-dog-secret-crushing-yankees-and-sleep-struggles/

Interesting read...if you recall in '18 he was penciled in to start game one in PSL..he was late for bp and was benched for some time.Nice to see the truth come out.

Back in 2013 when the Mets beat the Yankees 4-0 in the Subway Series, a local station played this song below.  So every time we beat the Yankees I think of it.  

Not taking anything for granted.  Finally a nice evening.  Great win 

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

When Diaz comes in the game is over all right 

He’s just straight garbage. The best part is that Brodie won’t speak to the media. That’s part of being a GM in NY, that used car salesman’s had no problem throwing around his bravado during the offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:40 PM, Captain Murica said:

He’s just straight garbage. The best part is that Brodie won’t speak to the media. That’s part of being a GM in NY, that used car salesman’s had no problem throwing around his bravado during the offseason. 

It was 6-5 in the 8th inning last night when I went to sleep so I'm assuming the bullpen actually did their jobs.  When I googled the Mets this morning this came up:

https://metsmerizedonline.com/2019/07/mets-gm-tosses-chair-in-fit-of-rage-during-postgame-meeting.html/

If that's true it's the sort of thing that makes me want to stop being a fan.  I mean everyone gets pissed from time to time but this guy is such a douche.  

• Like (+1) 2

I know we have issues and the season is slipping away...but I really missed watching this team all week.I  hope the trio will call the game tonight..having Keith doing the color is awesome..same with Ronnie on a solo role..but when all three are in the booth,it's all milk and pie.

P.S.-it's about time they do the Good Humor Ice Cream inning...bring out that dalmation..

Edited by Misterbluesky

5 hours ago, Misterbluesky said:

I know we have issues and the season is slipping away...but I really missed watching this team all week.I  hope the trio will call the game tonight..having Keith doing the color is awesome..same with Ronnie on a solo role..but when all three are in the booth,it's all milk and pie.

P.S.-it's about time they do the Good Humor Ice Cream inning...bring out that dalmation..

Not gonna lie last week was the nicest week of the season for me.  Wasn’t thinking about Mickey and Brodie.  Pete Alonso killed the HR derby and donated some of his winnings to the wounded warrior fund.  Very cool.

But as you said the suit spoke this afternoon and the usual disappointing result at night.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, KD in CA said:

So much for getting anything for Wheeler.  Classic Mets luck.

Yeah ultimately the right move would have been trading him over the summer when his stock was an all time high.  While I didn't like most of Brodie's moves at the time I didn't have a problem with holding unto Wheeler.  I would've been pissed if he got it all together consistently with another club.

It's just par the course for the Mets though 

• Like (+1) 1

I've been away recently and not dialed in, but as I see it here's where we stand:

67 games left, 5 games out of the wild card (not bad except there's only one team further away)

4 game winning streak (including two on the road against a .600  first place team)

Wheeler would be a decent trade chip if he didn't just get hurt

Thor could bring back a haul but I don't think that trade is in Brodie's DNA

I'd trade Frazier to free up playing time for McNeil and Davis.

I'd trade Dom Smith if it brought back something of value. Same with Ramos. Not sure if dumping either would be worth the return.

The bold move would be moving Rosario and rolling the dice on Hechavarria. 

Dr. K had another relapse. That sucks.

Ending on a positive note, Alonso won the HR Derby. Wish I had seen that.

Did I miss anything?

Lets Go Mets!

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I've been away recently and not dialed in, but as I see it here's where we stand:

67 games left, 5 games out of the wild card (not bad except there's only one team further away)

4 game winning streak (including two on the road against a .600  first place team)

Wheeler would be a decent trade chip if he didn't just get hurt

Thor could bring back a haul but I don't think that trade is in Brodie's DNA

I'd trade Frazier to free up playing time for McNeil and Davis.

I'd trade Dom Smith if it brought back something of value. Same with Ramos. Not sure if dumping either would be worth the return.

The bold move would be moving Rosario and rolling the dice on Hechavarria. 

Dr. K had another relapse. That sucks.

Ending on a positive note, Alonso won the HR Derby. Wish I had seen that.

Did I miss anything?

Lets Go Mets!

I missed your takes...a few other things happened.Font went to Toronto for cash and the suit had a short presser that was worthless.

• Like (+1) 1