Mets fans?

Another Fan

43 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Well...at least you were there with family and you had to beat the traffic! I think the Mets have to win out to get in! Either way, it has been one hell of a run. Something positive to build on for next year.

Mets have to win out and Brewers have to lose out, that's the only path left to a post-season game - which I think would be a tie-breaker with the Brew Crew and the winner playing the GNats in the wild card. 

Just now, SinceThe70s said:

Mets have to win out and Brewers have to lose out, that's the only path left to a post-season game - which I think would be a tie-breaker with the Brew Crew and the winner playing the GNats in the wild card. 

If I were a betting man it doesnt look good!

7 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I was at the Mets game last night. Made it through in shorts and short sleeves. Can't say the same for wife and kid - wind was kicking pretty good.

Actually didn't make it to the end  - which is a cardinal sin IMO - listened to the tying HR on the drive home and then watched the end on TV which was weird.

Gotta love that there's no quit in the team. Hats off to the Brew Crew for the run they are on.

Yep!  Still not officially dead and showing fight but it might be a different story by midnight.

Back in 2012 I did buy tickets for my Dad and I to a Yankees game.  It was more or less to see their new stadium .  He's a Mets fan as well.

As it turns out it rained all day but they didn't call the game.  We left in the 3rd inning.  Maybe I deserved to be rained on for that ?

35 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Yep!  Still not officially dead and showing fight but it might be a different story by midnight.

Back in 2012 I did buy tickets for my Dad and I to a Yankees game.  It was more or less to see their new stadium .  He's a Mets fan as well.

As it turns out it rained all day but they didn't call the game.  We left in the 3rd inning.  Maybe I deserved to be rained on for that ?

You saw the stadium and didn't suffer through a Yankee win. Mission accomplished.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

So we can relive all off season

The Hell with the playoffs! The Polar Bear is our own version of the World Series! 

8 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

So we can relive all off season

Now take that "Bronx Bombers!"

• Haha (+1) 1

Well, the season is over and the Mets defeat the Braves. As one writer described it, the final Mets game encapsulated the whole Mets team during the season. Good to great starting pitching, good hitting and poor relief pitching. Either way, the Amazins close on a winning note. This is probably the last time some of these guys will be teammates and some will say farewell.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Too funny!  I usually listen to Joe and Evan going ape over the Mets.  But these Jets fans had the Bills back on their broadcast today!  Brooo What A Disgrace!!!

Can't beat em, join em!

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Too funny!  I usually listen to Joe and Evan going ape over the Mets.  But these Jets fans had the Bills back on their broadcast today!  Brooo What A Disgrace!!!

Thanks for sharing, there's a good chance I would have heard that today but I was out of town. Actually watched the 2nd quarter and opening drive of the 3rd (TD!) about a block away from Fenway surrounded by Pats fans. I was buying a beer for myself water for my boys in Fenway when I saw Josh going into the tent on TV.

Looks like I missed a nice end to the season for the Mets. Read about how they took Alonso off the field so he could get one last round of applause and then Dom had his season ending moment on his first swing in weeks as Alonso's replacement. Good stuff.

• Like (+1) 2

On 9/30/2019 at 9:14 PM, SinceThe70s said:

Thanks for sharing, there's a good chance I would have heard that today but I was out of town. Actually watched the 2nd quarter and opening drive of the 3rd (TD!) about a block away from Fenway surrounded by Pats fans. I was buying a beer for myself water for my boys in Fenway when I saw Josh going into the tent on TV.

Looks like I missed a nice end to the season for the Mets. Read about how they took Alonso off the field so he could get one last round of applause and then Dom had his season ending moment on his first swing in weeks as Alonso's replacement. Good stuff.

It was one hell of season and kind of an emotional ending. This team seemed to capture some of that old Mets feeling...only understood by Met fans. Next year should be interesting, and I look for Brodie to make more moves. 

10 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

It was one hell of season and kind of an emotional ending. This team seemed to capture some of that old Mets feeling...only understood by Met fans. Next year should be interesting, and I look for Brodie to make more moves. 

First move is whether he keeps Callaway or not. That needs to get decided soon, supposedly in the next few days. I think Callaway is a bad in-game manager but I have to admit the team played hard for him even when it looked bleak and then after they got eliminated. 

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

First move is whether he keeps Callaway or not. That needs to get decided soon, supposedly in the next few days. I think Callaway is a bad in-game manager but I have to admit the team played hard for him even when it looked bleak and then after they got eliminated. 

Yes the issue of Callaway kind of got lost in the Mets surge. The players seemed to respond to him and even rallied around him, but Brodie may have other ideas. The prospects mentioned so far are Showalter and Girardi. If the Mets do get a new manager, I hope it someone fairly young and innovative. I also expect more player moves as well.

11 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Yes the issue of Callaway kind of got lost in the Mets surge. The players seemed to respond to him and even rallied around him, but Brodie may have other ideas. The prospects mentioned so far are Showalter and Girardi. If the Mets do get a new manager, I hope it someone fairly young and innovative. I also expect more player moves as well.

Astros bench coach Joe Espada has been mentioned as a younger guy they might be interested in. I'm not sure if Brodie would want to deal with someone established like Girardi or Showalter.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Astros bench coach Joe Espada has been mentioned as a younger guy they might be interested in. I'm not sure if Brodie would want to deal with someone established like Girardi or Showalter.

Yeah...as good as they may be...too outspoken. The Wilpons aren't having any of that.