Mets fans?

Another Fan

12 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Brew Crew are on a run like we had in late-July/early-August. And they lost Yelich and didn't fold up their tents.  

LAMP ALERT, read on at your own discretion. I'll be at Citi Tuesday night. My older sons HS marching band is doing a pregame performance with two other HS bands and then the national anthem on their own. Was hoping the game would be more important. The following Sunday we'll close out the regular season taking both sons to Fenway for the first time - gotta love a wife with the foresight to combine Fenway with college visits. Good times.

Now go out and get 3 more HRs Polar Bear!

You're a funny guy.  All good though I liked your story.  

12 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Well, even if they don't battle back with 8 to go, the Mets will be back fully healthy next year. I like the young nucleus. Have fun at Citi Field, go Polar Bear and the entire team of amazins!

Agree though I have the fear Brodie is going to try to make some "sexy" moves this offseason for the sake of attention.  I mean we ended last year with a real strong 2nd half as well only for him to trade for Cano among other stuff 

Just now, Another Fan said:

Agree though I have the fear Brodie is going to try to make some "sexy" moves this offseason for the sake of attention.  I mean we ended last year with a real strong 2nd half as well only for him to trade for Cano among other stuff 

Agreed. I see Brodie going after another Of, 2b, and rp. The Mets may start the season a different team. They are playing with a lot of emotion right now and some of these guys have to know this is it. Yeah. I didn't like the Cano deal...but even so, I thought he would have done better. Injuries did not help.

10 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Agreed. I see Brodie going after another Of, 2b, and rp. The Mets may start the season a different team. They are playing with a lot of emotion right now and some of these guys have to know this is it. Yeah. I didn't like the Cano deal...but even so, I thought he would have done better. Injuries did not help.

Well he's been quiet the second half of the season.  Brodie that is.  Any correlation as to why they've been playing better ?

20 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Well he's been quiet the second half of the season.  Brodie that is.  Any correlation as to why they've been playing better ?

Ever since the Stroman deal, little has been heard from Brodie. That transaction seemed to serve as a statement that the Mets intend to compete rather than fold. After that, all hell broke loose, and the Mets have been playing inspired baseball. A unity developed and these guys really bonded! Confidence was restored and these guys wanted to prove that they could,do it.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Ever since the Stroman deal, little has been heard from Brodie. That transaction seemed to serve as a statement that the Mets intend to compete rather than fold. After that, all hell broke loose, and the Mets have been playing inspired baseball. A unity developed and these guys really bonded! Confidence was restored and these guys wanted to prove that they could,do it.

So would you bring back Mickey next year?  I have to give him some credit for the second half of the year.  I mean the morale was LOW after that one Sunday game against the Cubs and then being swept 4 in a row by the Phillies after that or shortly after.  

HIs in game decision making isn't exactly his strength and we will most likely miss the playoffs.  I guess because I like the guy I'd say yes.  Like a playoffs or bust for him next year 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

So would you bring back Mickey next year?  I have to give him some credit for the second half of the year.  I mean the morale was LOW after that one Sunday game against the Cubs and then being swept 4 in a row by the Phillies after that or shortly after.  

HIs in game decision making isn't exactly his strength and we will most likely miss the playoffs.  I guess because I like the guy I'd say yes.  Like a playoffs or bust for him next year 

I like Callaway. Have some of his decsions been popular? No of course not. Then again at times, he was attempting to win games while decimated with injuries and trying to fill holes in the line up with minor leaguers. Then is there was the question of how to micromanage players who were waiting by their phones...expecting to be traded at the deadline. I know these players have a mind of their own, but you still have to keep them focused and win games. I think momentum took over and the Mets got down to playing baseball...focused on the matter at hand and suspended everything else...at least for now. The players like Callaway...he never lost his players. I would like to believe that the players want him here next year.

30 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

No activity here guys? Too busy worrying about the Patriots? The Mets are still alive ya know! Ya gotta believe!

Walk off walk!  Woo-hoo!

I’m just on my way home from the Giants game.  Not many nights in the mid 70s for the whole game in SF!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, KD in CA said:

Walk off walk!  Woo-hoo!

I’m just on my way home from the Giants game.  Not many nights in the mid 70s for the whole game in SF!

Yeah...still doing amazin things. I hope its not too late! Probably cold out there!

Just now, Rocket94 said:

Yeah...still doing amazin things. I hope its not too late! Probably cold out there!

Nope, tee shirt weather at 10 pm.  Summer in SF just starts two months late.

Mets still hanging on....and need Alonso to hit 3 more!

12 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Walk off walk!  Woo-hoo!

12 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

I was at the Mets game last night. Made it through in shorts and short sleeves. Can't say the same for wife and kid - wind was kicking pretty good.

Actually didn't make it to the end  - which is a cardinal sin IMO - listened to the tying HR on the drive home and then watched the end on TV which was weird.

Gotta love that there's no quit in the team. Hats off to the Brew Crew for the run they are on.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SinceThe70s said:

I was at the Mets game last night. Made it through in shorts and short sleeves. Can't say the same for wife and kid - wind was kicking pretty good.

Actually didn't make it to the end  - which is a cardinal sin IMO - listened to the tying HR on the drive home and then watched the end on TV which was weird.

Gotta love that there's no quit in the team. Hats off to the Brew Crew for the run they are on.

Well...at least you were there with family and you had to beat the traffic! I think the Mets have to win out to get in! Either way, it has been one hell of a run. Something positive to build on for next year.