Mets fans?

Another Fan

Admittedly I don't know much about Diaz's personality but it seems he may not be cut out for New York.  On the other hand though I did find that "moderately" impressive he was able to compose himself and strike out the next 2 batters.  Not sure what the issue is with him.  I'd try to move him in the offseason though unless VW is married to him.  

I know as a Mets fans (or at least I) sort of hyper focus on our own issues.  Seems though the Phillies have very similar ones.  Not a very strong bullpen and their share of bad contracts.  Harper imo has been very underwhelming.  If you're paying a guy that amount of money I expect him to lead the team to the World Series and compete for the triple crown ever year.  I guess some Phillies fans will defend that contract saying we had to over pay to get him.  But still....

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Admittedly I don't know much about Diaz's personality but it seems he may not be cut out for New York.  On the other hand though I did find that "moderately" impressive he was able to compose himself and strike out the next 2 batters.  Not sure what the issue is with him.  I'd try to move him in the offseason though unless VW is married to him.  

I know as a Mets fans (or at least I) sort of hyper focus on our own issues.  Seems though the Phillies have very similar ones.  Not a very strong bullpen and their share of bad contracts.  Harper imo has been very underwhelming.  If you're paying a guy that amount of money I expect him to lead the team to the World Series and compete for the triple crown ever year.  I guess some Phillies fans will defend that contract saying we had to over pay to get him.  But still....

I felt bad watching Diaz throw his hands up after the ball left the bat. He can still be nasty but I'd like to know what the issue is too. My go-to guess is always tipping pitches.

At this point I would rather let Brach try to close games when Lugo isn't available.

1 hour ago, SinceThe70s said:

This weekend was a clean passing of the touch from baseball season to football. Go Bills!

Did Calloway really intentionally walk Andrew Knapp (.190 batting average) with Bryce Harper on deck?

We got lucky today (the Bills).  

Thought of you yesterday.  Tough game last night.  As negative as I am with the Mets though, I'm still reluctant to throw in the towel  

33 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

We got lucky today (the Bills).  

Thought of you yesterday.  Tough game last night.  As negative as I am with the Mets though, I'm still reluctant to throw in the towel  

Eff luck, Bills won and were the better team today IMO.

I'm with you, the towel gets thrown when they get eliminated, but I'll still watch after that  anyway.

Rough game last night, but great night out with a close friend that I don't see nearly enough.  As  we were walking out my bud was trying to convince me to go to a Dbacks game this week.  Doubtful, but tempting

• Thank you (+1) 1

Great night Mets fans!  Still showing fight.

I admit I was skimming through the Yankees game as well.  The Tigers were down 6-0 yet won 12-11.  Loved that as well!  It seemingly doesn't matter how bad the Tigers might be each year, they always play the Yankees tough.  Or at least when I take notice!  

• Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Great night Mets fans!  Still showing fight.

I admit I was skimming through the Yankees game as well.  The Tigers were down 6-0 yet won 12-11.  Loved that as well!  It seemingly doesn't matter how bad the Tigers might be each year, they always play the Yankees tough.  Or at least when I take notice!  

So what's your thoughts on the Alonso play? Gary and company were killing him for not going after the runner going first to second.

8 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

So what's your thoughts on the Alonso play? Gary and company were killing him for not going after the runner going first to second.

I thought he caught it at first so didn’t understand what was going on there.

Yeah probably should of tagged the runner.  Perhaps caught up in the emotion of the moment.  I mean to me no harm no foul ultimately though.  

• Like (+1) 1

I thought he caught it at first so didn’t understand what was going on there.

Yeah probably should of tagged the runner.  Perhaps caught up in the emotion of the moment.  I mean to me no harm no foul ultimately though.  

I thought he made a good play. Got a sure out and kept the runner from scoring. 

17 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Well the season's on life support now.  

I'll hold out (unreasonable) hope until they're actually eliminated, but they've been on life support for awhile IMO. The thing is there is no quit in the team and they're fun to watch - up until the call to the bullpen. 

A few things that are more attainable that I'd like to see before the season ends:

- Alonso hits 50 HRs

- Alonso breaks the rookie HR record (52)

- the Nats don't make the post season

There's also been rumblings that DeGrom is a Cy Young contender again this year.  Not sure how realistic that is.

• Like (+1) 2

Alonso goes yard! 50 HR! We need to say Amazins again! Whatever helps!

On 9/18/2019 at 11:28 AM, SinceThe70s said:

I'll hold out (unreasonable) hope until they're actually eliminated, but they've been on life support for awhile IMO. The thing is there is no quit in the team and they're fun to watch - up until the call to the bullpen. 

A few things that are more attainable that I'd like to see before the season ends:

- Alonso hits 50 HRs

- Alonso breaks the rookie HR record (52)

- the Nats don't make the post season

There's also been rumblings that DeGrom is a Cy Young contender again this year.  Not sure how realistic that is.

Alonso! 3 to go! Degrom could win again due to his circumstance. Gone are the days of needing 20 wins for a Cy Young!

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 2

14 hours ago, Rocket94 said:

Alonso goes yard! 50 HR! We need to say Amazins again! Whatever helps!

Alonso! 3 to go! Degrom could win again due to his circumstance. Gone are the days of needing 20 wins for a Cy Young!

Yes kudos to Pete.  I don't believe I'm biased as a Mets fan when I say I would take him over any member of the Yankees ?

• Like (+1) 1

Yes kudos to Pete.  I don't believe I'm biased as a Mets fan when I say I would take him over any member of the Yankees ?

Gotta love Polar Bear! I would take him over any Yankee any day! 

If we handle being both Mets and Bills fans...we can handle anything! lol

• Like (+1) 1

Uggh!  I think we all sort of saw this day coming though: The bullpen would blow a game that would sort of put the dagger in the heart.  Lugo was probably the most solid reliever this year but I still didn't have a lot of faith in him in a big spot like today.  

I still expect they'll battle these remaining eight games though.  

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

Uggh!  I think we all sort of saw this day coming though: The bullpen would blow a game that would sort of put the dagger in the heart.  Lugo was probably the most solid reliever this year but I still didn't have a lot of faith in him in a big spot like today.  

I still expect they'll battle these remaining eight games though.  

Brew Crew are on a run like we had in late-July/early-August. And they lost Yelich and didn't fold up their tents.  

LAMP ALERT, read on at your own discretion. I'll be at Citi Tuesday night. My older sons HS marching band is doing a pregame performance with two other HS bands and then the national anthem on their own. Was hoping the game would be more important. The following Sunday we'll close out the regular season taking both sons to Fenway for the first time - gotta love a wife with the foresight to combine Fenway with college visits. Good times.

Now go out and get 3 more HRs Polar Bear!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Brew Crew are on a run like we had in late-July/early-August. And they lost Yelich and didn't fold up their tents.  

LAMP ALERT, read on at your own discretion. I'll be at Citi Tuesday night. My older sons HS marching band is doing a pregame performance with two other HS bands and then the national anthem on their own. Was hoping the game would be more important. The following Sunday we'll close out the regular season taking both sons to Fenway for the first time - gotta love a wife with the foresight to combine Fenway with college visits. Good times.

Now go out and get 3 more HRs Polar Bear!

Well, even if they don't battle back with 8 to go, the Mets will be back fully healthy next year. I like the young nucleus. Have fun at Citi Field, go Polar Bear and the entire team of amazins!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1