Probably political

Some of the stuff I've read on the matter, which is highly dubious, anticipates the aging process will stop (or reverse to) 29 for males, 21 for females.

Holy crap! Would I get my hair back?

Some of the stuff I've read on the matter, which is highly dubious, anticipates the aging process will stop (or reverse to) 29 for males, 21 for females.

Count me in for this then.

I will be good to go when the Bills win the Super Bowl and the Sabres win the Stanley Cup.

So, you're for this living forever thing then?

Count me in for this then.

So, you're for this living forever thing then?

No, but I'd like some satisfaction before I go.

The only way I'd like to live forever (or choose my demise) is if I get to choose who else gets to live forever -- and even then I don't think I'd opt for it. I don't want to spend eternety with a bunch of jerks having any impact on how I live.

I stayed out until now. I thought the comments would be interesting and they are.

A couple of things:

I don't think the halt of the aging process = living forever. You can still get hit by a bus or get cancer unless I'm missing something.

If this un-balds people for real someone is going to want to PM Gene.

I can speak from experience as I have not aged a day since November 18 1974. My circumstances were different. I detailed them in a thread on OTW but for some reason it was erased. I am thinking They may have been involved but i have no proof. Basically I walked into a wall of death in Times Square. It had been killing people as they ran away but I walked straight toward it. When I walked in it collapsed and I haven't aged since. I killed it because I walked into it. It killed everyone it caught. It was like it was the Field Marshall in Strategy and I was the Spy.

Because I am not aging there are a lot of individual changes. Everyone else is still the same and I am only one person so the societal impacts have been minimal if there are any. I have kept this to myself until now. My experience is why I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone. By all rights I should be one. I'd be all wrinkled, unable to drive, focused on the crossword, wearing a compostory bag and so on. I'm not sure I could take it but they all seem to be fine with it. Chronologically I am old but that is not what I mean by "old people".

Societally I think if everyone stopped aging it would probably be a bad thing initially but also gradually become a good thing. It makes a long time to adjust once you know you aren't aging. At first, there is hubris and a feeling of being all powerful. This is false. You still have to work to thrive. The good news is that it give you the opportunity to not be focused on the short term stuff. If you lose everything you are back at square one but you can be. There is time. Time is the ultimate commodity and when it is not a limiting factor you can achieve a lot and/or choose the way to live. At first though you don't realize this and you try to get everything fast. I got burned by this on October 2, 1981. I was focused on some goal I can't even remember and the ambulance went screaming right by me on Main Street. I didn't even give it a thought. But it my Uncle Gen-o who I loved. He died that day. I had had so much time to spend with him but didn't. Then he was gone. He is still gone.

A good idea for the non-aging is rotating retirement. Four groups A, B, C, D. A's are the kids. They re-learn everything. Force a clean slate. B's are the post college kids that are the new thinkers and energizing the economies. C's are the bosses. The experienced folks with perspective. D's are retired. 22 year periods.

There are some issues because all ages desire sex and lots of it. Population growth is an issue. An alternative approach is to still have kids but never give them the anti aging stuff. Just tell them some BS about why we don't age but they do and make them do all the work once they're old enough. Let them live their life age out and croak.

I don't really know and I've been 32 years old for for almost 43 years now.

Aye laddie! You must educate yourself if you want to keep up! :ph34r:

I don't look like that and I don't watch that show...or read that comic book or whatever. I wish the thread didn't get taken down. I'm not sure why it did. I think Greggy will remember it.

Edit:

I found it....in archive. Here is a link to a post with pretty much the whole story. There is a thread with it.

That guy on Twilight Zone bought immortality, then murdered his wife and wanted to test out the electric chair, but his lawyer got him life instead...

and Sebastian Cabot as some agent of the devil laughed and granted the man's wish to die in jail immediately.

I wish this on those thinking they can slink around another 90 or so years...