Can Groy play RT?

Kmart128

He is 6'5 so he definetly has the size to play tackle. He played a few games at tackle in college. He said recently he would be willing to try it if it meant helping this team. Do you guys think he could do it? Obviously McDermott and Whaley wanna get the 5 best linemen out there regardless of position so could Groy be the RT we have been looking for if he gets practice reps there?

He is 6'5 so he definetly has the size to play tackle. He played a few games at tackle in college. He said recently he would be willing to try it if it meant helping this team. Do you guys think he could do it? Obviously McDermott and Whaley wanna get the 5 best linemen out there regardless of position so could Groy be the RT we have been looking for if he gets practice reps there?

33 1/4 inch arms, short arms for a guy that's 6'5? From what I hear 33 inches is the minimum for a tackle. Maybe some of the resident scouting junkies can confirm or deny that.

33 1/4 inch arms, short arms for a guy that's 6'5? From what I hear 33 inches is the minimum for a tackle. Maybe some of the resident scouting junkies can confirm or deny that.

Size doesn't matter. Does it apply to football?

If you have shorter arms like Joe Thomas...you better have great feet. Thomas is 32 1/2 arms.

I don't know if Groy has the feet but I hope so.

PFF did a crude analysis and found it didn't matter. That being said, no one knows how Groy would fare at RT, just like we won't know if KuJo can play as well at RT as he did at LT, until training camp. Since FA was a bust, that leaves the draft, so they probably can't wait to find out of the other guys can do it or not.

PFF did a crude analysis and found it didn't matter. That being said, no one knows how Groy would fare at RT, just like we won't know if KuJo can play as well at RT as he did at LT, until training camp. Since FA was a bust, that leaves the draft, so they probably can't wait to find out of the other guys can do it or not.

From what I understand, I think tackles are weak this year so I think we have to work with what we have.

I would not say 2017 tackle prospects are weak, there's still 3 good one's to be found in the first two rounds

There's just not as many as they may have been in past years

And they may not line up to be worthy picks when the Bills go to the podium

jc