Don't Sleep on Listenbee

Zyg13

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me that is more physically stout then Goodwin as well....maybe he doest get bounced like a pinball every time he takes a hit?

Goodwin was really starting to look like a pro out there, made some great grabs and obviously the ability to take the top off the offense paid dividends, just not nearly enough. If he stays healthy in San Fran, he could really take the next step as a WR.

More likely he will be stepping into the training room concussed or broken within the first 3 weeks of the season.

I'm glad we didn't over pay for both Robert and Marquise, baffled why other teams have the contracts they did.

Listenbee was actually inexplicably in a dream I had last night. I can't remember all the details - but it involved a game and how well he played.

Sigh - maybe a sign to take a break from this board and football

Did the dream feature any cake?

Goodwin was really starting to look like a pro out there, made some great grabs and obviously the ability to take the top off the offense paid dividends, just not nearly enough. If he stays healthy in San Fran, he could really take the next step as a WR.

More likely he will be stepping into the training room concussed or broken within the first 3 weeks of the season.

I'm glad we didn't over pay for both Robert and Marquise, baffled why other teams have the contracts they did.

by starting to look like a pro are you saying actually not getting hurt and staying on the field?

He would not fight for a ball if his life depended on it

I really don't understand the hype around him? He was a 6th round pick for a reason. His senior year was 10 games played with 30 catches for 597 yards and 5 td's. So an average of 3 catches for 59.7 yards a game in the worst defensive conference in the country. TCU plays absolutely nobody and he got 3 catches a game but he will now turn into an NFL superstar?

And I just checked, he had 6 catches for 142 yards and a TD against Stephen F. Austin. So against division 1 competition he had 24 catches for 455 yards and 4 td's.

And in the conference championship and bowl game against Baylor and Oregon he had a total of 2 catches for 4 yards.

Edited by Southern Bills Fan

by starting to look like a pro are you saying actually not getting hurt and staying on the field?

He would not fight for a ball if his life depended on it

Staying on the field, healthy and running more of a route tree.

He will never be the type of receiver that fights for the ball, I think even he knows his body isn't built for it. For his sake I hope his workout program this summer, along with diet, is centered on football..

Edited by Eric Moulds on my A**

I really don't understand the hype around him? He was a 6th round pick for a reason. His senior year was 10 games played with 30 catches for 597 yards and 5 td's. So an average of 3 catches for 59.7 yards a game in the worst defensive conference in the country. TCU plays absolutely nobody and he got 3 catches a game but he will now turn into an NFL superstar?

And I just checked, he had 6 catches for 142 yards and a TD against Stephen F. Austin. So against division 1 competition he had 24 catches for 455 yards and 4 td's.

And in the conference championship and bowl game against Baylor and Oregon he had a total of 2 catches for 4 yards.

NFL superstar?

How about just a speed piece on a NFL team

Calm down

Our receiving core currently consists of Sammy Watkins and a bunch of JAGs. I like the additions of Andre Holmes and Philly Brown. Holmes provides us with a big target that we have been sorely lacking for years, while Brown is a nice depth receiver who can be effective in the slot. However, whenever people discuss our WR core, nobody seems to bring up Kolby Listenbee.

This kid was dynamic at TCU, averaging over 18 YPC his junior year and over 19 YPC his senior year. Listenbee posted extremely effective numbers and ran a 4.39 at the combine while battling through a DOUBLE sports hernia. Listenbee has all the intangibles to be a nice find for us and he is finally healthy for the first time in two years. Don't be surprised if Listenbee has a breakout season this year, and emerges as a playmaker that will be apart of this team for years to come.

oh Christ...

I don't believe anybody's sleeping on him. We all have high hopes that he will be healthy and become a major factor. Fingers crossed, because if it looks like he is "that guy," we have a pick we can use on another area of need instead of WR.

-_--_--_-

I am.

What's to like about the Andre/Philly signings?

Decent depth but IMO we're still missing a number 2 and 3

-_--_--_-

I am.

What's to like about the Andre/Philly signings?

Decent depth but IMO we're still missing a number 2 and 3

Agreed, we have the worst wr core in the league,loaded with #4 #5 re I ever from other teams. Btw, our #1 can't stay on the field. Pick at 10 better be wr