Schedule Breakdown

corta765

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's revisit this once all the acls and suspensions come to fruition this summer. And oh yeah the draft and the rest of fa.

we won't be two legit starters the remainder of this off season. Maybe one draft pick is solid enough to contribute as a full starter. Maybe one more. Or maybe a fa. Or maybe a June cut.

Chances are, save for 2 positions we will not get better.

i am not a big fan of looking at last year's schedule to determine what's going to happen this year. i get that it's a fun exercise, but too much can change year to year...other than for NE. i just expect to get spanked by them year to year.

It's also really not that hard to do either. Whoever has a good to franchise quarterback is a tough game. Probably a loss on the road, and a slight chance for us to win at home.

Teams that have an average quarterback should be a win for us at home, and a toss up on the road.

Then, there's the bad QB teams. We should win those.

Even when in Vegas nowadays. You are solely betting games based on what type of QB team A has, and whether or not he's at home or on the road, which adds or subtracts to his efficiency. OP pretty much hits that mark.

It's also really not that hard to do either. Whoever has a good to franchise quarterback is a tough game. Probably a loss on the road, and a slight chance for us to win at home.

Teams that have an average quarterback should be a win for us at home, and a toss up on the road.

Even when in Vegas nowadays. You are solely betting games based on what type of QB team A has, and whether or not he's at home or on the road, which adds or subtracts to his efficiency. OP pretty much hits that mark.

solid qbs have bad years more often then they used to. Defenses have gotten better. With us playing Winston, newton and brees with the recently hot Ryan it could be interesting.

If anyone one at One Bills Drive is thinking 7 wins would be a decent season, every single one of them should be fired for holding on to Tyrod. You either think you have the team to make the playoffs or rebuild now. The biggest mistake was not letting Kyle Williams go to a contender, holding on to Alexander and not trying to trade Shady when his stock is at its peak. 7 wins is garbage and if that is in the cards, the Bills really looked at this season upside down.

We have to remember, they have to sell tickets. It's easier to sell tickets if the team has some talent, and a fighting chance at squeaking into the playoffs. They may expect 7 wins, but expecting 7 wins means there's a better shot at playoffs than if they expect 3 wins.

Might be a little too soon but I think beating Carolina would be far from stunning. I feel like the year they made the super bowl was sort of a fluke. Cam IMO is a little overrated.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we beat Oakland (or Las Vegas) either. Their defense is still suspect.

and i do agree with this...especially with certain qbs. that being said, there are always that random outliers. i just more have a problem people who predict terrible records because the bills lost so and so, along with the schedule being so much harder. we just don't know how that schedule is going to shake out.

The only sure loss is the Pats. We can hang with/beat anyone else on our schedule this year, with the possible exception of the road Atlanta game. That said, as always, we probably win some we shouldn't and loss some that we shouldn't, keeping us in 7-9 to 9-7 purgatory again.

This time last year, who had us winning the Cardinals and Bengals games and getting beat by the Jets twice?

The only sure loss is the Pats. We can hang with/beat anyone else on our schedule this year, with the possible exception of the road Atlanta game. That said, as always, we probably win some we shouldn't and loss some that we shouldn't, keeping us in 7-9 to 9-7 purgatory again.

This time last year, who had us winning the Cardinals and Bengals games and getting beat by the Jets twice?

exactly. i think the op did a great job, and it is always something fun to do in the off season, but the bolded is a perfect example.

I think we'll go 8-8 this year, but there's only 4 games I'm seeing as " more than likely " losses....NEx2, @ATL and @KC.....I can easily make up a scenario where we win all the other games.......@ Bengals and @ Panthers are going to be tough, but I think we can pull it off....home vs Denver and Oakland...same thing....sweeping both the fish and the Jets would be really nice.....

while i'm not gonna make any record predictions, i just don't see the schedule as that daunting. if we get a 10-12 defense and stay relatively injury free, i think we can beat any team at any time......except for brady of course.

i will say one thing, last year i had zero excitement during the off season. this year i'm liking it so far. i can't even honestly find a reason to bash whaley right now.

while i'm not gonna make any record predictions, i just don't see the schedule as that daunting. if we get a 10-12 defense and stay relatively injury free, i think we can beat any team at any time......except for brady of course.

i will say one thing, last year i had zero excitement during the off season. this year i'm liking it so far. i can't even honestly find a reason to bash whaley right now.

So we beat the Falcons? A little delusional my friend

Might be a little too soon but I think beating Carolina would be far from stunning. I feel like the year they made the super bowl was sort of a fluke. Cam IMO is a little overrated.

I wouldn't be too surprised if we beat Oakland (or Las Vegas) either. Their defense is still suspect.

did we just become best friends?

Anyhoo based off how I feel looking at the schedule I really think anymore then 7 wins would actually be a decent season by coach and team given the current roster and schedule as of today (Schedule could end up easier and roster will look different after draft).

7 wins is never a "decent" season. The Bills have had "decent" seasons for the last 4 years. :wallbash: