Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

No one is arguing that Taylor is the long term answer at QB.

I'm not, though I bet there are several (including you, Bangarang) who thinks that is what I'm arguing.

However, unlike the unwavering belief that many posters have that they have to "stick to their guns" and dig into their foxholes, I think Taylor still could be the long term answer.

:lol:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try not to assume what I'm thinking. And to be honest, I don't even know what you and others have been arguing about for the last several pages. It's just a barrage of feces being thrown around. I thought you guys would get tired of it eventually but apparently not.

This isn't surprising. The Miami game seemed to suck you back in.

I'm pretty sure you've accused me in recent months of being a Taylor homer or believing he's our long term answer or whatever, whether it was at BBMB or here, I don't know.

If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry.

You've definitely belittled my feelings on Taylor, though.

And yes, the Miami game did something to bring me back a little, though not back to where I was after 2015.

However, unlike the unwavering belief that many posters have that they have to "stick to their guns" and dig into their foxholes, I think Taylor still could be the long term answer.

No, it's not possible for a quarterback to improve after 29 NFL starts. It's never happened.

I'm pretty sure you've accused me in recent months of being a Taylor homer or believing he's our long term answer or whatever, whether it was at BBMB or here, I don't know.

If I'm mistaken, I'm sorry.

You've definitely belittled my feelings on Taylor, though.

And yes, the Miami game did something to bring me back a little, though not back to where I was after 2015.

I probably have called you a Tyrod homer but it's also a label you seem to accept and own yourself.

As far as belittling your stance on him that's probably not true. I've challenged your constant need to prop him up and sell his ability to the masses.

No, it's not possible for a quarterback to improve after 29 NFL starts. It's never happened.

It's also 6 years in the league and not just 29 starts.

If Tyrod just finished his 2nd year in the league then that's one thing. But he's been developed and coached up for going on 7 years now. This is probably as good as it gets with him.

I probably have called you a Tyrod homer but it's also a label you seem to accept and own yourself.

As far as belittling your stance on him that's probably not true. I've challenged your constant need to prop him up and sell his ability to the masses.

It's also 6 years in the league and not just 29 starts.

If Tyrod just finished his 2nd year in the league then that's one thing. But he's been developed and coached up for going on 7 years now. This is probably as good as it gets with him.

6 yrs...okay. How do you get better without playing? Two years of being in the huddle with live-action is what I'm looking at.

...the refrain is, "Just Get Me The Damn Ball".......if the passing game does not become a consistent part of the offensive arsenal to draw upon as an alternative to beat the opposition, the mud is the same at 7-9, 8-8, 7-9.........yawn........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I can cosign this. Tyrod defenders, what say you? Do we have an agreement? :o

NEVER> YOU WONT TAKE ME ALIVE I TELL YOU !!!!!!

NEVER WILL I GIVE IN. Never.

well lets at least wait till OTAs and see what up?

Keep in mind, i do keep my pitch fork in perfect tune. Lamps trimmed and burning.

As a Bills Fan, one need to remain vigilant at the ready.

I will remain a Tyrod fan. I have no choice. He is a Buffalo Bill

this video got me pumped up. also kind of wish we would have kept justin hunter as a 5th wr

me also. I felt he and Tyrod were onto something.

I questioned where Coaching was going with use of Hunter.

seems he was under utilized in TT progressions. for me at least

6 yrs...okay. How do you get better without playing? Two years of being in the huddle with live-action is what I'm looking at.

I think it is somewhere in between aBaga.

But i am in the minority perhaps, his ceiling is a bit higher than 2016 play overall.

always look forward, but also make the very best of you have.

Things have been worse. much worse for us Bills fans than having TT at the Com.

Enjoy what you are able.

and just let the rest slough away

You can hang onto the hope that he'll improve enough to be anything more than a bridge QB. I'm certainly not as optimistic it will happen but do share some of the same hopes. We'll find out though.

Edited by Bangarang

No one is arguing that Taylor is the long term answer at QB.

I'm not, though I bet there are several (including you, Bangarang) who thinks that is what I'm arguing.

Tyrod has already played enough to demonstrate that he cannot be the long term answer at QB.

He leaves receptions, big plays, and TDs all over the field, consistently.

NEVER> YOU WONT TAKE ME ALIVE I TELL YOU !!!!!!

NEVER WILL I GIVE IN. Never.

well lets at least wait till OTAs and see what up?

Keep in mind, i do keep my pitch fork in perfect tune. Lamps trimmed and burning.

As a Bills Fan, one need to remain vigilant at the ready.

I will remain a Tyrod fan. I have no choice. He is a Buffalo Bill

I root for him too but I can also see he's not very good. It's like watching a Sabres game.

Tyrod has already played enough to demonstrate that he cannot be the long term answer at QB.

He leaves receptions, big plays, and TDs all over the field, consistently.

No, I'm sorry, this is wrong.

If this logic were correct, Kirk Cousins played enough to demonstrate over his first 3 1/2 seasons to demonstrate that he cannot be the long term answer at QB for anyone.

Rich Gannon never would have resembled a Franchise QB late in his career.

Taylor certainly isn't the guy who looks like the long term answer right now, but he has more games to play in a Bills uniform and if you think players can't and don't improve on their game, you're stupid. Sorry to be blunt. Not an insult. Truth.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

If this logic were correct, Kirk Cousins played enough to demonstrate over his first 3 1/2 seasons to demonstrate that he cannot be the long term answer at QB for anyone.

Taylor certainly isn't the guy who looks like the long term answer right now, but he has more games to play in a Bills uniform and if you think players can't and don't improve on their game, you're stupid. Sorry to be blunt. Not an insult. Truth.

Calling people stupid now huh? This topic really gets to you man.....

this caught my attention.

so who's stupid if he doesn't improve?

players can improve no doubt, some may not though.

I realize you believe he will, you have been more than adamant about that and I hope he does but you also have to leave the door open that there is a possibility he doesn't.

nothing stupid about that.

I root for him too but I can also see he's not very good. It's like watching a Sabres game.

maybe that is why do not follow anyone but the Bills.

Have low pain threshold.

last year had some pains watching Bills passing offense. WRs and the more the QB position. regardless of stats, it was tough sledding mostly

As always, speaking in absolutes as you mistakenly do...

I am pretty sure it is on purpose. I respect that, even if i disagree on occasion

I realize you believe he will, you have been more than adamant about that and I hope he does but you also have to leave the door open that there is a possibility he doesn't.

stupid is a rather insulting word. And honestly should not be tolerated from anyone.

disappointed to see the word stupid being tossed about here.

Calling people stupid now huh? This topic really gets to you man.....

No, I'm calling the idea that anyone can definitively say a player is all he is and nothing more when there are still games he's going to play in a Bills uniform stupid.

Taylor might keep regressing in terms of his overall game and be out of the league or a backup in a couple of years.

Or

He might be the Bills starting QB who has improved and helped the team to the playoffs in a couple of years.

The topic doesn't get to me. People who speak in absolutes about something they absolutely don't know do.

I believe he will improve?

I've said that?

When?

I wish people didn't just make stuff up.

No, I'm calling the idea that anyone can definitively say a player is all he is and nothing more when there are still games he's going to play in a Bills uniform stupid.

Taylor might keep regressing in terms of his overall game and be out of the league or a backup in a couple of years.

Or

He might be the Bills starting QB who has improved and helped the team to the playoffs in a couple of years.

The topic doesn't get to me. People who speak in absolutes about something they absolutely don't know do.

I believe he will improve?

I've said that?

When?

I wish people didn't just make stuff up.

When you challenge folks who say they believe he won't, it kinda lends credence to that assumption.