Trading back into Round 1 for a QB

stuvian

We are only "mortgaging the future" if we trade back into Round 1 or trade picks to move up. That said, if there is a guy at 10 they must have, take him. If not, trade down to 20 or so and pick him then. It worked last time ;)

Exactly. If you're not scared of him getting selected and you expect him to be there in the mid 20's then don't draft him at all. Find a guy you love, or draft elsewhere and build a foundation.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take Mahomes at 10, trade down in the 2nd to get 4th or late 3rd. Trade down in 4 to get a 5 or 6. Basically get your QB at #10 and trade down the rest of the rounds to acquire picks.

There is NO BIGGER NEED....

Disagree, team needs to built as a complete team look at the Colts, they have a franchise QB but not much else. Rather be a team with a great overall roster with a mediocre QB than a team with a great QB but an overall average roster Edited by K-Apps

Disagree, team needs to built as a complete team look at the Colts, they have a franchise QB but not much else. Rather be a team with a great overall with a mediocre QB than a team with a great QB but an overall average roster

Colts went 11-5 for 3 straight seasons.

We pass for 111 yards and score 7 points to start our seasons.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Colts went 11-5 for 3 straight seasons.

We pass for 111 yards and score 7 points to start our seasons.

Colts also play in the worst division in the NFL, besides that AFC Championship run 2014, Colts have been playoff fodder to the Pats. The goal should be to build an elite team, I don't subscribe to the notion that you need a great QB for that to happen

Colts also play in the worst division in the NFL, besides that AFC Championship run 2014, Colts have been playoff fodder to the Pats. The goal should be to build an elite team, I don't subscribe to the notion that you need a great QB for that to happen

Yeah because in your example, it's not like the Pats have the GOAT at QB or anything.

If we were 11-5 we would lose our minds.

Qb is king, especially if we take last year playoffs into account.

Brady, Ryan, Rogers, Carr, Dak, Big Ben, Russ Wilson.

We will get one eventually

we have no 4th to trade

You're not correctly following his train of thought. He traded down in the second to get a late third or fourth.

If we were 11-5 we would lose our minds.

Qb is king, especially if we take last year playoffs into account.

Brady, Ryan, Rogers, Carr, Dak, Big Ben, Russ Wilson.

We will get one eventually

If you draft them, they will come.

Yeah because in your example, it's not like the Pats have the GOAT at QB or anything.

Yea it's not the Pats only win because Brady, team will well built along with Brady. Any other snarky points you got

In fact: Didn't they go 3-1 without Brady, would've been 4-0 if Jimmy G didn't get hurt

Edited by K-Apps

http://gbnreport.com/2017-first-round-selection-order/

I'm operating on the assumption that we aren't taking a QB at #1. That said, we will need to trade back into round 1 if we entertain the notion of getting one of the top QB prospects. Who do we need to get in front of in round 1 to ensure we get one of Watson, Trubinsky, Kizer or Mahomes?

I think the best thing they can do is trade back and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd, stay put and use the extra pick on a QB if there is one they like. If any QB goes early I believe it will be Watson because he is the only one with a long track record of games played, success and consistent intangibles. And he might not even go in the top half of the first round. I think Mahmomes, Trubisky and Kizer will be there early in the second. So they might need to trade up a few spots in the second round.

Yea it's not the Pats only win because Brady, team will well built along with Brady. Any other snarky points you got

In fact: Didn't they go 3-1 without Brady, would've been 4-0 if Jimmy G didn't get hurt

Brady is the best QB of all time dude. Are you seriously diminishing his contribution?

I think the best thing they can do is trade back and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd, stay put and use the extra pick on a QB if there is one they like. If any QB goes early I believe it will be Watson because he is the only one with a long track record of games played, success and consistent intangibles. And he might not even go in the top half of the first round. I think Mahmomes, Trubisky and Kizer will be there early in the second. So they might need to trade up a few spots in the second round.

Every NFL team has their own ranking but my guess is Trubisky goes first with Mahomes second off the board. I think Watson gets drafted in the second.

Brady is the best QB of all time dude. Are you seriously diminishing his contribution?

Can you not read, I said that the Patriots are a great overall team with or without Brady, of course with Brady they are a SB contender every year, but even without him they could be a contender maybe not a favorite. That's how the Bills should build their team, a great overall roster that can win regardless who is in QB.

Can you not read, I said that the Patriots are a great overall team with or without Brady, of course with Brady they are a SB contender every year, but even without him they could be a contender maybe not a favorite. That's how the Bills should build their team, a great overall roster that can win regardless who is in QB.

The problem with this is that the Pats 2nd stringer is better than our starter, They also got a nice prospect in Brissett.