Bills Likely Pick- Wide Receiver at #10 and Beyond

Looking at Denver's offense last season under Rick Dennison they liked to spread the ball to (2) wide receivers with 281 combined targets.

In fact they had (2) receivers over 1000 yards- Emmanual Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. They did not use their TEs very much, only 57 combined targets to Green and Derby.

The Bills really have only one NFL starting quality WR currently on the roster- Sammy Watkins- and he has not shown very durable.

Corey Brown, the recent pickup from the Panthers is currently slotted as the no.2 WR but he is not very good. caught only 50% of passes thrown his way last season and will likely be on special teams duties.

Seems like a very strong possibility the Bills will go WR and #10 and beyond.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Denver's offense last season under Rick Dennison they liked to spread the ball to (2) wide receivers with 281 combined targets.

In fact they had (2) receivers over 1000 yards- Emmanual Sanders and Demaryius Thomas. They did not use their TEs very much, only 57 combined targets to Green and Derby.

The Bills really have only one NFL starting quality WR currently on the roster- Sammy Watkins- and he has not shown very durable.

Corey Brown, the recent pickup from the Panthers is currently slotted as the no.2 WR but he is not very good. caught only 50% of passes thrown his way last season and will likely be on special teams duties.

at this point,I see Holmes as #2,Brown in the slot,and one of Lewis,or Listenbee as the 4. Not ideal,but I can live with that. Do we draft a WR? Probably, but not in round 1. Too many other holes to fill on D. CB,WLB,and even a Safety,should still be in play at 10

Denison won't use the same exact philosophy with Denver as he will do with Buffalo.

They passed more because they did not have a run game and a more traditional pocket passer.

Since we have a better tight end, he should be more incorporate him more.

If you look at where Dennison has been before you will typically not see 2 high-end WRs.

Here is what we know right now:

1. We have a #1 WR locked into a contract for the next 2-3 years

2. We don't have a dynamic passer at QB and would expect to be a run oriented offense for at least the next two years

3. There is no elite WR talent in this draft

4. There will be elite defensive talent available at 10.

I think all of this points to the fact that WR at 10 will not be the choice. The types of players that the Bills have targeted on defense in FA tells me that Jabrill Peppers is someone who could be a fit.

at this point,I see Holmes as #2,Brown in the slot,and one of Lewis,or Listenbee as the 4. Not ideal,but I can live with that. Do we draft a WR? Probably, but not in round 1. Too many other holes to fill on D. CB,WLB,and even a Safety,should still be in play at 10

Holmes is only a backup.

If you look at where Dennison has been before you will typically not see 2 high-end WRs.

2. We don't have a dynamic passer at QB and would expect to be a run oriented offense for at least the next two years

I think all of this points to the fact that WR at 10 will not be the choice. The types of players that the Bills have targeted on defense in FA tells me that Jabrill Peppers is someone who could be a fit.

A #1 WR locked in for the next 2-3 years who missed 11 games over the last 2 seasons. They need a solid, legit starter opposite Watkins if only for him to be the no.1 if sammy misses more time.

I think it's definitely a possibility, but the bottom line is they'll set up their board, see who. Gets plucked in the first 9, and at 10 they'll evaluate whether it's WR, CB, S as they are in need in each area, and see who is the best at the position. It would be foolish to force a WR if there is a better CB or S available.

There are 4 or more receivers in this draft that are better players than Peppers. He might be an option in the 2nd if they go WR at 10. I would be stunned if Peppers went in the top 10.

Everyone on your WR depth chart is 1 slot too high. WR 2 is a major hole at the moment

Everyone on your WR depth chart is 1 slot too high. WR 2 is a major hole at the moment

That's how I feel and the people saying that they will take one later are missing that. They don't need "A" receiver (like Listenbee last year); they need a guy to play the entire game. That's not someone like Jehu Chesson later in the draft. It's a guy in the 1st 2 rounds. Edited by Kirby Jackson

Couldn't agree more! I'm just hoping Lattimore from OSU is still there.

My only worry is McD is in love with Rueben Foster to run his D at the Mike.

with the talent at secondary in this draft,I am not opposed to Lb in the first. I like Cunningham or Reddick personally, as they would give us the coverage Wlb we desperately need,but we def need a starting Cb

more So than CB or Wlb?

RANK PLAYER POS. POS. RANK SCHOOL CLASS HT. WT. PROJ. ROUND

15 Corey Davis WR 1 Western Michigan Sr 6-3 209 1

18 *John Ross WR 2 Washington rJr 5-11 188 1

21 *Mike Williams WR 3 Clemson rJr 6-4 218 1

Corey Davis at 10.

Might be a little concern with the Bills picking another Mike Williams in the first round. :)

Edited by jethro_tull