Sleeper WR on the roster

Eh, I could name others (Terrell Davis, Marques Coleston, etc.), but probably better to pick the best late round draft pick of all time. The point is....Although unlikely...It happens. And will continue to happen, regardless of the position.

Again, for every single one of those guys, hundreds of nobodies.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are probably the same guy from BBMB that talked about "sleepers" at WR for the Bills last season. I assure you our WR core is one of the worst in the league and there are no sleepers on this roster, just like I said last season when you and others said we didnt need a WR.

Well

I never said we dont need to upgrade this year

And I never said it last year

Listenbee can be a productive field stretcher... I never said he would be a #2

Last year, we began the offseason with so many WRs that I thought somebody - just one of them - would emerge as a legit #3 behind Sammy and Woods. And I was wrong.

This year I expect nothing and will be pleasantly surprised if Listenbee, Holmes, or someone else steps up and does better than expected.

I was thinking the same thing about last year's group of vet WRs. Salas did OK before his injury but what were the chances that none of the others panned out? I'm also not sure that Holmes is any different from last year's bunch.

And it's not Dez Lewis who disappears every year when the pads come on

It is our redshirt rookie speedster Kolby Listenbee out of TCU

He has already boasted that he is THE FASTEST PLAYER in the NFL

And ran a 4.39 40 with A DOUBLE SPORTS HERNIA

He is a natural hands catcher of the football, and is good at tracking the deep ball

He has good size 6' 190 LBs with room to grow

And his route running improved substantially over his time at TCU

This kid has GAS speed and would have been a 4th round pick if not for his surgery

With TT's deep ball and a threat like Sammy on the outside...

I can see the bills taking advantage of 1 on 1 situations on the outside with Listenbee when the situation presents itself

This kid can be a weapon

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZD-vX71On44&ved=0ahUKEwizx4HI5eDSAhWC5oMKHcbICvgQt9IBCGwwFA&usg=AFQjCNH7Bl89yCtxm48M5acKWf4V5AD5aw

how much more growth can we expect?

Listenbee has a chance to turn into something IMO. Some say he might have gone in the 3rd had he not been injured. I think that may be a stretch but he would have gone higher. Some say he is a body catcher. I disagree. He can and does use his hands. Tracks the ball very well. He is a burner with a sturdy physique. Concern for me is a non-existent route tree, not sure if he can be quick enuf out of his breaks and I wonder why he does not get better separation on go routes with his wheels. Could be a function of his limited routes and opposition putting their fastest corner on him. Not really banking on him but I think he has a chance to contribute. Hope so. Time will tell.

Hah.

TJ Graham's senior year: 46 rec for 757 yards, 7 TD's

Listenbee's best year: 41 rec for 753, 5 TD's

Not to mention TJ had another 1000 yards returning.

TJ Graham..... :huh: I know that name from somewhere.....We should give him a chance here!

They're all sleepers besides Sammy, I just hope someone wakes up this year.

Yes they were all sleeping while Sammy was limping.

Listenbee has a chance to turn into something IMO. Some say he might have gone in the 3rd had he not been injured. I think that may be a stretch but he would have gone higher. Some say he is a body catcher. I disagree. He can and does use his hands. Tracks the ball very well. He is a burner with a sturdy physique. Concern for me is a non-existent route tree, not sure if he can be quick enuf out of his breaks and I wonder why he does not get better separation on go routes with his wheels. Could be a function of his limited routes and opposition putting their fastest corner on him. Not really banking on him but I think he has a chance to contribute. Hope so. Time will tell.

The video seemed to indicate that he was under thrown to a lot. Nice that he still made catches though.

The video seemed to indicate that he was under thrown to a lot. Nice that he still made catches though.

Agree. Also its normal and prudent to basket with your forearms a bit to catch a ball thrown over your head or shoulders. Doesnt mean he cant or doesnt use his hands. To the contrary he looks like he might have strong hands when competing for balls.

Wonder how quick he is off the line (straightline speed not a problem obviously) and how he deals with the press. Lots of questions.

Hah.

TJ Graham's senior year: 46 rec for 757 yards, 7 TD's

Listenbee's best year: 41 rec for 753, 5 TD's

Not to mention TJ had another 1000 yards returning.

Graham was a protected late round pick/UDFA who the Bills took in the 3rd round.

Listenbee was a protected 4th/5th round pick who slid because of his injury and because teams knew he probably wouldn't contribute last year.

You can't count on late round picks, but you'd expect a few to come through. Our track record has not been good the last decade. We certainly could use some help this year! I would love to see Dez Lewis or Listenbee step up. If not, what is Namaan Roosevelt up to? :ph34r:

On a parallel track, do you think Marcus Easley will get picked anywhere? He was one of our top special teams players, a very talented gunner on kick coverages.

You can't count on late round picks, but you'd expect a few to come through. Our track record has not been good the last decade. We certainly could use some help this year! I would love to see Dez Lewis or Listenbee step up. If not, what is Namaan Roosevelt up to? :ph34r:

On a parallel track, do you think Marcus Easley will get picked anywhere? He was one of our top special teams players, a very talented gunner on kick coverages.

It's gonna be tough for Easley

He is a special teams ace

Which is vital and there is a spot on teams for guys like him

But they are usually on a teams roster as a late round pick or UDFA and usually don't make it past 2 contract's

Easley is worth a bit more than what a team will pay for a 6th wideout and ST guy

These stories make me puke. Listenup never made it on the field last year and he is the savior? Logan has never played the position and he is the next great TE because he is big and fast? Get real.

Well

Listenbee was unable to play due to injury

And

Logan Thomas was the #1 TE recruit coming out of HS

Jason Peter's was a converted TE

George Wilson a WR

It happens

And find ONCE where I said SAVIOR

I said a sleeper

Edited by Buffalo716

Graham was a protected late round pick/UDFA who the Bills took in the 3rd round.

Listenbee was a protected 4th/5th round pick who slid because of his injury and because teams knew he probably wouldn't contribute last year.

It really was a worth while pick for the Bills.

Looking forward to seeing him running at speed in Pittsford this year !

It's gonna be tough for Easley

He is a special teams ace

Which is vital and there is a spot on teams for guys like him

But they are usually on a teams roster as a late round pick or UDFA and usually don't make it past 2 contract's

Easley is worth a bit more than what a team will pay for a 6th wideout and ST guy

Well

Listenbee was unable to play due to injury

And

Logan Thomas was the #1 TE recruit coming out of HS

Jason Peter's was a converted TE

George Wilson a WR

It happens

And find ONCE where I said SAVIOR

I said a sleeper

I like the post 716. He is perfect sleeper material !

And it's not Dez Lewis who disappears every year when the pads come on

It is our redshirt rookie speedster Kolby Listenbee out of TCU

He has already boasted that he is THE FASTEST PLAYER in the NFL

And ran a 4.39 40 with A DOUBLE SPORTS HERNIA

He is a natural hands catcher of the football, and is good at tracking the deep ball

He has good size 6' 190 LBs with room to grow

And his route running improved substantially over his time at TCU

This kid has GAS speed and would have been a 4th round pick if not for his surgery

With TT's deep ball and a threat like Sammy on the outside...

I can see the bills taking advantage of 1 on 1 situations on the outside with Listenbee when the situation presents itself

This kid can be a weapon

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZD-vX71On44&ved=0ahUKEwizx4HI5eDSAhWC5oMKHcbICvgQt9IBCGwwFA&usg=AFQjCNH7Bl89yCtxm48M5acKWf4V5AD5aw

Still need someone to get him the ball.