Which would you rather see the Bills do:

Scenario 1:

Rd. 1 - Patrick Mahomes - QB

Rd. 2 - Chris Godwin - WR

or

Scenario 2:

Rd. 1 - Davis or Williams - WR

Rd. 2 - Nathan Peterman - QB

Then I would like to see James Conner (Pitt RB) or Donte Freeman (Texas RB) to continue the big running game. Add in a big blocking TE as an undrafted and go defense in other draft spots.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well considering neither scenario is going to happen...not sure I see the point.

Mahomes is most commonly listed outside the top 30 in this draft and always behind Trubisky as a QB and frequently behind Kizer and Watson too. He is a guy who is ranked 2 to 4 at his own position in what is one of the 2 weakest positions in this draft.

Why do people think after restructuring TT we are now going to gamble with the 10th pick in the draft on a QB who isnt even considered the best QB in this draft by almost all the scouts and analysts? He wont be remotely close to BPA at 10, even if a team views him as the #1 QB in this draft, he still wont be close to BPA at 10.

Its like people refuse to accept that TT restructured and QB is no longer a serious contender at 10. Sure, anything can happen, I mean Al Davis took a 2nd/3rd round WR in the top 10 in DHB because he was fast, so all that matters is a team wants you. But I just can't see any logical scenario where we pass up a significantly better graded prospect at a position with a much higher need to gamble on a QB with mechanics issues who couldn't even lift his game enough to be the best QB is what is not that great of a class.

And no way Peterman goes that high. The QB class and Tackles are the two worst positions in this draft and the draft is loaded with talent in so many other areas. He's a 4th round pick and may not even go that high.

And how many threads do we really need about this?

Edited by Alphadawg7

Well considering neither scenario is going to happen...not sure I see the point.

Mahomes is most commonly listed outside the top 30 in this draft and always behind Trubisky as a QB and frequently behind Kizer and Watson too. He is a guy who is ranked 2 to 4 at his own position in what is one of the 2 weakest positions in this draft.

Why do people think after restructuring TT we are now going to gamble with the 10th pick in the draft on a QB who isnt even considered the best QB in this draft by almost all the scouts and analysts? He wont be remotely close to BPA at 10, even if a team views him as the #1 QB in this draft, he still wont be close to BPA at 10.

Its like people refuse to accept that TT restructured and QB is no longer a serious contender at 10. Sure, anything can happen, I mean Al Davis took a 2nd/3rd round WR in the top 10 in DHB because he was fast, so all that matters is a team wants you. But I just can't see any logical scenario where we pass up a significantly better graded prospect at a position with a much higher need to gamble on a QB with mechanics issues who couldn't even lift his game enough to be the best QB is what is not that great of a class.

And no way Peterman goes that high. The QB class and Tackles are the two worst positions in this draft and the draft is loaded with talent in so many other areas. He's a 4th round pick and may not even go that high.

Where were Derek Carr and Dak Prescott ranked on Walter football?! Edited by jeffismagic

Where were Derek Carr and Dak Prescott ranked on Walter football?!

And where did Carr and Dak get drafted...hint...no where near the 10th pick. Guess what Brady was drafted in the 6th...so by your response and logic any QB in any draft should just be taken in the top 10 just because the RARE chance the pre draft grades are wrong and they might turn out to the GOAT.

You can not see the future...so no matter how much you want to believe Mahomes will be special, none of that matters going INTO a draft. All you can do is your best to grade and evaluate. And what Mahomes has put on tape has failed to impress enough to even be listed as the top QB in the draft, let alone a top 10 pick.

You make decisions based on the information at hand...and at the 10th pick, there is not even a remote chance he is the best prospect on the board. So taking him there is a massive gamble over a prospect that grades out for a higher chance of success at a position we have a bigger need for. He wont be BPA, and he wont even be the position of the biggest need. And he's not even graded by anyone to even be the best prospect at his own position in a underwhelming class of QB's.

Edited by Alphadawg7

6ac996eba63befcc968edc3d9617f005a9a17716

Who would you rather have, Dak Prescott or Leodis McKelvin?

Id rather have Tom Brady...so lets pick a 6th round graded QB at 10 to see if we can duplicate that Brady magic. Or I would rather Kurt Warner...quick someone go scout all the grocery stores and see if we can find a bagger with a good arm cuz that worked once in history.

Id rather have Tom Brady...so lets pick a 6th round graded QB at 10 to see if we can duplicate that Brady magic. Or I would rather Kurt Warner...quick someone go scout all the grocery stores and see if we can find a bagger with a good arm cuz that worked once in history.

Way to miss the point. Your mock drafts are just that, mocks based on very incomplete information. Mahomes is a first round talent.

Way to miss the point. Your mock drafts are just that, mocks based on very incomplete information. Mahomes is a first round talent.

You say Mahomes is a first round talent, and he may very well go in the first. But he is most often not graded as one of the top 32 players in this draft which makes him not a first round grade on many scouts and analysts boards. QB's always go above their grade out of need/desperation, so quite possible he goes in the first just like EJ and JP did.

What is NOT debatable is that Mahomes is NOT a top 10 talent in this draft. He wont be remotely close to the BPA at #10...you having a crush on him and wanting to gamble on him doesn't change those facts. Does not mean he wont go in top 10...the top 4 QB's have done almost nothing to seperate themselves from each other, so its going to come down to a teams personal grade on which QB they like best. Most feel he is the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft behind Trubisky, Kizer, and Watson. But none of that matters when a team is on the clock, what matters is how that team grades them and if they are committed to getting a QB.

But for Buffalo, we do not need to reach for a QB at ten with TT back and restructured. So the odds the Bills reach for any QB in a draft loaded with talent at other positions that are better prospects and at positions of bigger need are incredibly low.

And again, how many Mahomes threads do we need to speculate on something is a massive long shot from happening?