Best Concert You Saw at Rich(Ralph Wilson, New Era)Stadium?

The stadium in OP hasn't seen an abundance of concerts, but there have been some iconic ones.

This pic is of the late Richard Manuel, taken by Walt Casey, Jr at the stadium in 1974, when The Band opened for Eric Clapton.

What's your vote for best concert ever at the home of the Buffalo Bills?

post-2416-0-69942300-1489584867_thumb.jpg

Edited by ChevyVanMiller

I saw the Who there on their first farewell tour in 82. I went to see the Clash and I would have to say that is my favorite....granted it's also the only show i ever saw at Rich Stadium

I was there too.

I was there too.

Made it down to the floor about 20 feet on the right side of the stage in front of Townsend. It was so packed people were passing out standing up. If someone tried to move 20 feet away you had to lean away.

Best part of the show was just as they starting 'Love reign o'er me' it started to drizzle. Much needed since it was getting very warm.

I've heard so many people say that that was an urban legend, but it absolutely did start raining when they played that song. It was very cool

I was there too.

Made it down to the floor about 20 feet on the right side of the stage in front of Townsend. It was so packed people were passing out standing up. If someone tried to move 20 feet away you had to lean away.

Best part of the show was just as they starting 'Love reign o'er me' it started to drizzle. Much needed since it was getting very warm.

July 26, 1974 Lynryd Skynyrd opened. Followed by the James Gang and headlined

by Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Ticket was $7.00.

We sat on the turf in the middle of the Quadrophonic speaker system.

This was the second concert I attended at Rich Stadium.

The first was the Eric Clapton concert mentioned by the OP.

I've heard so many people say that that was an urban legend, but it absolutely did start raining when they played that song. It was very cool

Ditto for me. I was there with my brother and some friends. We were maybe 10 yards from Joe Strummer during the Clash. My brother started ot get sick from the cruch of preople, so we moved back to about the 50 yard line.

Great Show. and it did rain during Love reign Oer Me. I said to my bro, "it's nice when God shows up at the conncert."

Absolutely not an urban legend, and Daltrey even said "Don't see Mick get special effects like these" (Stones played the stadium the year before)

I'd say that Who & Clash shows were the best at Rich.

I seem to recall seeing the Grateful Dead a few times, Dylan was there once???

yes, and typical for a Dylan appearance you couldn't understand a word he was singing.

Absolutely not an urban legend, and Daltrey even said "Don't see Mick get special effects like these" (Stones played the stadium the year before)

I'd say that Who & Clash shows were the best at Rich.

yes, and typical for a Dylan appearance you couldn't understand a word he was singing.

90% of the enjoyment of Dylan was getting old people mad at you because they couldn't understand his lyrics

I was at that Who show and it definitely did happen. Remember Daltrey saying after the song ended "See if the Rolling Stones can do that!" or something like that.

The Dead 1989. Post Jerry coma and before Brent died. The entire show crackled with high energy. So much so, the band thought enough of it to release it on DVD. Perfect sunny WNY day. The parking lot was endless fun and the police basically just sat back and let things be.

That was a hell of a tour didn't see any of that years tour, I saw the previous year in Rochester, but the Crimson, White and Indigo release from 89 is among my all time favorite Dead shows(i think Blow Away from that show might be my singular favorite live dead song of all time), Brent was absolutely killing it that summer!

The Dead 1989. Post Jerry coma and before Brent died. The entire show crackled with high energy. So much so, the band thought enough of it to release it on DVD. Perfect sunny WNY day. The parking lot was endless fun and the police basically just sat back and let things be.

Edited by The Poojer

I seem to recall seeing the Grateful Dead a few times, Dylan was there once???

I was at a show around 1987 or so that was Dylan, the Dead and Tom Petty. It was on the 4th of July and it was a very cold, rainy day. At one point, when Petty played, they linked up live to the Farm Aid concert that was happening at the same time.

After the show, I was waiting to cross Abbot Rd and a totally stoned Dead Head stood up on a guardrail and said, "Hey man, on the way home everybody look through a red balloon." Lol