Foles back to Philly

Yav

He's headed back to Philly on a 2 year deal. No details yet on his deal other than it's for two years.

I would have like to see the Bills get him as a backup behind T2.

I don think Cardale Jones will be ready yet.

He's headed back to Philly on a 2 year deal. No details yet on his deal other than it's for two years.

I would have like to see the Bills get him as a backup behind T2.

I don think Cardale Jones will be ready yet.

interesting with Chase Daniel as backup last season

interesting with Chase Daniel as backup last season

That is interesting. I have a feeling Daniel will be a cap cut, and would be a solid #2 for the right price.

I just don't really see that much out there in terms of quality vet options. The Bills don't need to bring in a big name, they just need someone who can contribute in the film room and if T2 is out for a few games, someone who can provide a few quality starts. Foles would have been great, but again, we don't know what he was looking for. Daniel's would be a solid option but he could be looking for too much as well (assuming he's cut).

I think they will grab a rookie and roll with Cardale as the backup. Its not what I would want, but I expect that to be the plan.

Take a guy in the mid rounds and hope one of them pans out.

Worst case if Tyrod goes down, they will have a good draft pick next year.

Its a lot cheaper to do it that way, but risky.

Don't be surprised if RGIII is the backup. I have zero inside info on that. It just makes sense to have a similar skill set at 1 and 2

I would be surprised. He is an awful QB. Doubtful Eagles keep Daniels as backup at his salary

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/chase-daniel-asks-eagles-to-release-him/

Edited by nucci

I would be surprised. He is an awful QB. Doubtful Eagles keep Daniels as backup at his salary

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/13/chase-daniel-asks-eagles-to-release-him/

I dont see Philly keeping Daniels either, and think he would be a very good backup for the Bills but would he be willing to come at a reasonable payday?

Not being negative Nancy but cardale probably won't ever be "ready"

Don't call me a pessimist. I just don't see it

Think the plan is to have Cardale as #2 and Rookie as #3. All 3 guys on the 53 man roster like last year... I like Cardale but he needs another year or two at least, especially under a new system.

Lets hope Tyrod doesn't go down next year because it could get ugly.

Edited by wppete

Think the plan is to have Cardale as #2 and Rookie as #3. All 3 guys on the 53 man roster like last year... I like Cardale but he needs another year or two at least, especially under a new system.

Lets hope Tyrod doesn't go down next year because it could get ugly.

Which is why we need a veteran as the #2 this season... with Cardale as the #3. The back-up QB just might have to play... CJ's not ready for that yet... and may never be. Hopefully another year will allow that assessment to be made.

Which is why we need a veteran as the #2 this season... with Cardale as the #3. The back-up QB just might have to play... CJ's not ready for that yet... and may never be. Hopefully another year will allow that assessment to be made.

Yeah a Vet would be good at #2. Who is decent and still available? I was hoping it was Foles.

Not being negative Nancy but cardale probably won't ever be "ready"

Don't call me a pessimist. I just don't see it

I dont either. Just dont think the maturity will ever sync up with his physical attributes. Would love to be wrong, but anytime hes brought up as anything other than a #3 or #2, im doubtful.

What about Geno? We all make fun of Geno because of his record, his getting punched in the face over a debt, and his zillion int's against Bflo 2 years ago. However, he was a very good college QB. He was thrown into the fray way too early by the Jets. I think that he might play well in an offense designed for a mobile QB like TT. Or, is he just a bum?