NCAA BB March Madness

boyst

The difference is is that calls that happen earlier in the game, there is still time to make it up, at the end of a close game they have a much greater impact on the outcome. Even the announcers were ragging on the calls at the end. Two pretty obvious calls that were wrong that were in favor of UNC put the game out of reach for Arkansas, hence they were screwed. I don't see how that is even debatable to be honest, you must be UNC fan

I just don't like fans of any team bitching about calls. Yes, I'm a Carolina grad and fan, but I hate it when Carolina fans B word about calls as well. Schitt happens to everybody. You either make the plays to win or you don't.

Edit: and I just read the game recap on ESPN; not one mention of any questionable calls at the end of the game

Edited by eball

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just don't like fans of any team bitching about calls. Yes, I'm a Carolina grad and fan, but I hate it when Carolina fans B word about calls as well. Schitt happens to everybody. You either make the plays to win or you don't.

Two of Carolina's titles were handed over on a silver platter due to two of the top 5 brain farts in the clutch in sports history.

I am not a fan of either team, but shouldn't the goal be to get calls right? How can that be accomplished if people are just willing to say well **** happens and move on? I was more shocked about the review getting the block out of bounds wrong as that is what the review is for to correct the wrong call, the charge is a judgment call and is made at a fast speed in a split second

What's your point?

The most underachieving school in US history based on the talent pool they accumulated since 1965.

The Four Corners cost them plenty, also cost fans plenty watching Michael Jordan and Phil Ford (and many other less talented) get handcuffed into bounce-it-three-times-and-pass peach basket era hoops.

And it wasn't a criminal-level organization like UNLV, but it was about as crooked and finally exposed recently after the NCAA ran away from even pretending to care about enforcing the rules for half a century.\

That's all...

Edited by row_33

The most underachieving school in US history based on the talent pool they accumulated since 1965.

The Four Corners cost them plenty, also cost fans plenty watching Michael Jordan and Phil Ford (and many other less talented) get handcuffed into bounce-it-three-times-and-pass peach basket era hoops.

And it wasn't a criminal-level organization like UNLV, but it was about as crooked and finally exposed recently after the NCAA ran away from even pretending to care about enforcing the rules for half a century.\

That's all...

Ahh, so your true colors have been exposed. I hope you like your new coach at NC State.

Edit: and I just read the game recap on ESPN; not one mention of any questionable calls at the end of the game

Even that call against Hicks last year as the shotclock expired? That was pretty gd terrible and robbed Paige of a "jeter/jordan" like moment with the double clutch 3 ball.

Even that call against Hicks last year as the shotclock expired? That was pretty gd terrible and robbed Paige of a "jeter/jordan" like moment with the double clutch 3 ball.

Yes there are bad calls all the time. That's my point. As for Carolina's two supposed "gift" championships, those comments crack me up. In both instances UNC had the lead and an opponent made a mental error, but even if those errors weren't made there is no guarantee those teams would have won the game. It's envy, jealousy, you name it.

I must be missing something. I've watched 2 or 3 games so far where guys have literally tucked the ball like a running back at the foul line and ran to the hoop for a layup. Is there no such thing as traveling anymore?

Edited by RaoulDuke79

I must be missing something. I've watched 2 or 3 games so far where guys have literally tucked the ball like a running back at the foul line and ran to the hoop for a layup. Is there no such thing as traveling anymore?

its mind bottling and i agree

its called all the time in girls games

Edited by Boyst62

I spent last night at the game, then post-game with some of the players parents. That was four long nights in a row! I honestly do love the "Xavier family". And if they stay, they graduate (behind only Bucknell and Duke, the last I saw). Out of 350+ teams, that's pretty nice. I'll be in Vail Thursday (yes, I'm eager for that), but the awesome wife asked if we needed to change travel plans. She has to work in Denver for a few days, so keep it simple.

Nice win last night!? Keep it going!!

There is but it's four steps now. Five in the NBA.

Two of Carolina's titles were handed over on a silver platter due to two of the top 5 brain farts in the clutch in sports history.

Of course they held the lead in both instances and their defense created the Weber TO call. He was about to get a five second call anyway.