NCAA BB March Madness

boyst

I have that effect when I'm around other men, I wouldn't worry about it.

And you're so self-aware! Nice! :)

As pointed out above, shooting in a huge stadium certainly can creat issues. It's just......different with depth perception issues.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Though my kids are UNC fans (and I am as well to some degree), I'd like to see Gonzaga vs Oregon to avoid seeing the usual "big conference" suspects in the Finals. Anything to make people like Jay Bilas look stupid pleases me. Also, Xavier got knocked out (solidly) by the Zags, so it feels a little better to have lost to the champ.

What a gutsy game by Oregon; it would have been far more fun to see them rush down the court with a final shot.

Agreed, and with just a little bit of boxing out that might have happened. A magical season only to collapse in the last 5 seconds. Sad.

Wow, failure to execute basic basketball leads to a collapse in the end.

Both offensive rebounds on those free throws could have easily been called over the backs. Meeks just pushed the guy right under the rim.

Just maybe on the second. The first had ZERO attempt to box out. I hate to pick on 19 year old kids, but that was RB 101.

I say this with complete awareness I'll be labeled a homer, but the officiating in the Carolina/Oregon game was dubious to say the least. At one point in the first half Carolina had been called for eight consecutive fouls, and anyone who has watched basketball knows the likelihood of that actually being the case is slim. Late in the 2nd half Oregon traveled not once, not twice, but three times on a single possession and it wasn't called.

It was a choppy basketball game in which both teams showed grit. I disagree strongly that fouls could or should have been called on the last two offensive rebounds, and I found it fitting that Carolina won based upon their biggest strength all year.

I'm very happy for Meeks -- he has been harshly and unfairly criticized since he arrived in Chapel Hill, so for him to be such a huge part of a Final Four win was special.

Obviously I'm pulling for my Heels tonight, but I respect Mark Few and Gonzaga and it won't be a "bad" thing if they are the champs. I expect a very tight game and it will probably come down to the last two minutes as it should. Prediction -- Isaiah Hicks will have a big game for UNC.

Fun tournament. Go Heels!

I say this with complete awareness I'll be labeled a homer, but the officiating in the Carolina/Oregon game was dubious to say the least. At one point in the first half Carolina had been called for eight consecutive fouls, and anyone who has watched basketball knows the likelihood of that actually being the case is slim. Late in the 2nd half Oregon traveled not once, not twice, but three times on a single possession and it wasn't called.

It was a choppy basketball game in which both teams showed grit. I disagree strongly that fouls could or should have been called on the last two offensive rebounds, and I found it fitting that Carolina won based upon their biggest strength all year.

I'm very happy for Meeks -- he has been harshly and unfairly criticized since he arrived in Chapel Hill, so for him to be such a huge part of a Final Four win was special.

Obviously I'm pulling for my Heels tonight, but I respect Mark Few and Gonzaga and it won't be a "bad" thing if they are the champs. I expect a very tight game and it will probably come down to the last two minutes as it should. Prediction -- Isaiah Hicks will have a big game for UNC.

Fun tournament. Go Heels!

I had $250 on the over Saturday night, 153. Meeks who I believe is a 66% foul shooter miss both free throws, okay so now Berry comes to the line. I believe he is like an 86% foul shooter. Of course he misses both of them too. Honestly, you can't make this sh*t up. My son is a huge UNC fan but that has kind of soured me on the Heels tonight. I kind of hope the Zags win. I also don't think Berry is right. Those ankles are bothering him more than anybody is letting on.

I had $250 on the over Saturday night, 153. Meeks who I believe is a 66% foul shooter miss both free throws, okay so now Berry comes to the line. I believe he is like an 86% foul shooter. Of course he misses both of them too. Honestly, you can't make this sh*t up. My son is a huge UNC fan but that has kind of soured me on the Heels tonight. I kind of hope the Zags win. I also don't think Berry is right. Those ankles are bothering him more than anybody is letting on.

My book had the O/U at 152.5 -- you'd have won.

My book had the O/U at 152.5 -- you'd have won.

Haha, yes I wish I would of called you. At least I got the push & it wasn't at 153.5. This has been the worst gambling season(I count the gambling season from opening college football labor day weekend until end of the Tournament. I dabble in baseball but on occassion but not much) I have had in years. Just couldn't get anything going this year. The only other worse gambling season I could remember was back in 2006. In 2006 That first friday of the tournament my dad & I both put $300 on each of the 8 evening games. & yes you guess it we went 0-8. To this day my dad & I still refer to that day as Black Friday. That year I couldn't win anything but I did hit a $15 K super bowl square to soften the beating on bank account. This year no such saving grace.

Edited by Gordio

Best thing is the Oscars aren't on the same night as the Championship Game like the old days. I knew of a few households that came close to murder or divorce over that one before we were able to record programs. And then the Oscars moved on its own.

Good game when the refs weren't trying to ruin it, but horrible last 75 seconds for the Zags. They completely abandoned their offense and had the guy who just rolled his ankle toss up two bad shots on their last two meaningful trips. Bummer.