Favorite WrestleMania Moments...

BillsPride12

I see we have some Wrestling Fans on here and I know right now It's Wrestlemania season. I don't really watch anymore but I did just see the Scott Hall documentary and like to reminisce about the glory days of watching it growing up so figured this could be a fun topic:

1) Wrestlemania 7

-My personal favorite was when Miss Elizabeth came to the rescue when Macho King Randy Savage was getting attacked by Queen Sherri. This was at a time when WWF was larger than life to me and the it just seemed so emotional

2) WrestleMania 13

-Brett Hart v.s. Steve Austin in the classic double turn face/heel turn. The psychology from both guys in the lead up to this match was fantastic and the ending where Stone Cold Steve never says I quit but passes out in the sharpshooter with his head busted open is one of the best finishes in Wrestling history IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgIQmpdcAo

3) WrestleMania 12

-60 minute iron man match between Brett Hart and Shawn Michaels for the championship. Both guys bring their A game in the instant classic

Most Underrated WM match Brett Hart v.s. Rowdy Roddy Piper Intercontinental Championship Match at WM 8

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/columns/2129457-bret-hart-vs-roddy-piper-intercontinental-championship-wrestlemania-8-a.html

If you are an old school Wrestling fan follow that link for an excellent in depth recap of the brilliance of that match and its lead up

You will never see professional Wrestling as good as this ever again sadly

WM 18 - Rock vs Hogan. Great buildup and I knew people were gonna be hyped to see Hogan back in a Vince McMahon ring, but not that hyped.

WM 18- Angle/Orton/Mysterio 3 way. Unbelievable action, not a dull moment in that match.

WM 17 was great start to finish. I'd say the best moment was Linda McMahon standing up after being "confined" to a wheelchair.

WM 25 - Taker/HBK. Best match in Mania history.

WM 30 - Daniel Bryan winning the title.

Definitely Taker losing to Lesnar at 30. Might be because I was there, but the sound that went over the entire Superdome after the pin I'll never forget.

I remember I wasn't looking at the tv, I was on my phone, when all of a sudden my friend goes "holy **** Lesnar beat him." Really was a surreal moment, watching him stagger to the back.

Austin/Hart as you mentioned was one of my all time, up there with WM17 Austin/Rock and Austin siding with Vince was a shock to me at the time.

I think it was WM15 where Undertaker hung Big Boss Man from HIAC, I always thought that was pretty cool as I did not expect that

More recently, Orton throws up Rollins who was attempting the curb stomp and RKO's him

Hogan slamming Andre at WM III

I haven't watched Wrestling in many years, but that is one I will never forget. I remember having a bunch of friends over to watch as a youngster, that was great. Plus the fact it was in the jam packed Silver Dome, 90,000+ in attendance, made it and awesome event!

Edited by ricojes

Some good replies so far fellas keep em coming

Another one that just popped into my head that hasn't been mentioned yet was the Hulk Hogan Ultimate Warrior showdown at WM6...at the time it was unheard of for two "good guys" to square off

I was going to mention that. As a kid it was always a dream match that I never thought would happen. I started watching at 6 or 7 years old and Ultimate Warrior was my favorite.

Edited by KermitMcDermott

Another favorite of mine was the Battle Royale at Wrestlemania 4. Bad News Brown and Bret Hart are the last 2 in the ring and decide they will share the trophy. Then Brown betrays Bret with a kick to the head and becomes the only winner. Bret comes back and attacks Brown and destroys the trophy.

• 3 weeks later...

In honor of WrestleMania day I wanted to share this retrospective look back at WM 3 I came across the other day, this was a very well done look back at the one that put professional wrestling on the map. If you are a fan of nostalgia and grew up watching WWF then you should enjoy this

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2017/03/29/wrestlemania-iii-oral-history-30-years/99729286/?curator=SportsREDEF

In honor of WrestleMania day I wanted to share this retrospective look back at WM 3 I came across the other day, this was a very well done look back at the one that put professional wrestling on the map. If you are a fan of nostalgia and grew up watching WWF then you should enjoy this

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/entertainment/2017/03/29/wrestlemania-iii-oral-history-30-years/99729286/?curator=SportsREDEF

That was great! Thanks for posting. WM3 was my favorite.