Martavis Bryant

we all have different opinions.on every subject. That's a human trait. Personally, I support its legality for multiple reasons. But again,the rules dictate you take a drug screen pre-employment,and often throughout. So I agree,if you want a job,and wanna keep it,you should tow the company line. Henderson's health is a whole separate issue,as it's medical and not recreational. Just my opinion

...that's it principally in a nutshell.....NFL is a workplace, a HIGHLY paid workplace.....employment is a privilege and not a right just like our jobs......THEY set the rules just like our employers.....and if subjecting to random drug testing outside of the workplace is a condition of employment, it's is the employer's prerogative...and I certainly agree about the Henderson mess appearing to be medical without knowing what the protocol is to get one's employer to accept its use as medical.............

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see any of those 4th and 1 opportunities on GW drives that he choked on this year? Granted they were against division rivals like the Jags, but still.

What did Bill Parcels say again? You are what your record says you are? He has a record of having an average record in the worst division in football history.

I don't have any problem with other opinions. I don't have any problem with people smoking pot, really. If the NFL changed the rules, I might roll my eyes but that would be about my whole reaction.

I do see what pot does to people and I am realistic about it. Some people get all defensive about it and put pot on some sort of creepy pedestal. It is a guilt trip about breaking the law or just doing something they shouldn't and they lash out. That behavior needs to be seen for what it is....which is either just a bunch of BS to project, or a cry for help.

again,its just an opinion. And like everybody,people will defend their opinions. That doesn't mean it's a cry for help.By any means. People have been self medicating since the dawn of time. For each,their own

...that's it principally in a nutshell.....NFL is a workplace, a HIGHLY paid workplace.....employment is a privilege and not a right just like our jobs......THEY set the rules just like our employers.....and if subjecting to random drug testing outside of the workplace is a condition of employment, it's is the employer's prerogative...and I certainly agree about the Henderson mess appearing to be medical without knowing what the protocol is to get one's employer to accept its use as medical.............

yeah,they really need to revise their stance on that imo. I mean hell,how many states is it legal for recreational use now? Let alone medical. So,federally it's illegal. Statewide,its legal. Yet you live in a state where it's legal and an employer has the right to supersede state law. Again,you're right,its the employer's perogitive. I just question the logic. In several states,if you fill out a job application,it states that drug screening will not be performed for pre-employment,nor held against any applicant,as it's legal in said state. So the argument about the company perogitive seems very gray. Why can any other job in said state not require the testing,while the nfl refuses to abide by state law? They need to fix that mess somehow....

yeah,they really need to revise their stance on that imo. I mean hell,how many states is it legal for recreational use now? Let alone medical. So,federally it's illegal. Statewide,its legal. Yet you live in a state where it's legal and an employer has the right to supersede state law. Again,you're right,its the employer's perogitive. I just question the logic. In several states,if you fill out a job application,it states that drug screening will not be performed for pre-employment,nor held against any applicant,as it's legal in said state. So the argument about the company perogitive seems very gray. Why can any other job in said state not require the testing,while the nfl refuses to abide by state law? They need to fix that mess somehow....

Could you imagine a stoned out of his mine rg or rt that is on the filed trying to block for a running back. How bout someone on the line that is supposed to be protecting the kicker as hes getting ready to kick a fg? No employer in this world is going to alter their stance with whats wrong or right when another persons health is involved.

Could you imagine a stoned out of his mine rg or rt that is on the filed trying to block for a running back. How bout someone on the line that is supposed to be protecting the kicker as hes getting ready to kick a fg? No employer in this world is going to alter their stance with whats wrong or right when another persons health is involved.

Not advocating for it but Randy Moss and Ricky Williams and many basketball players have cooked opponents faces off while stoned.

People dont seem to understand how good Watkins is. His route running has improved to the point he may be one of the top 5 WRs in football. Problem is he played in an offense that didnt feature him.

That's fair. It's tough to compare Watkins to anyone because he is constantly injured (not criticizing) and has played with bad QBs and not a WR-friendly scheme. I also think it was probably unfair of me to say that Bryant is better than him, because they are much different receivers and hard to compare. But I think a tall fast awesome red zone WR like Bryant is extremely valuable.

I will say that in some ways, Bryant has been better at the things we would expect Watkins to be better at--e.g., bryant puts up top-10 YAC numbers and Watkins puts up some of the worst YAC numbers (per football outsiders).

It (allowing professional athletes to smoke pot)is a tough line to draw. We, obviously, do not want to see them using pre-game as it will effect the on-field product immensely. Allowing it is also a terrible message to youth, who are highly impressionable and look up to these athletes. The current state of legalization in a number of states does, however, create a massive grey area that opens the door to the players unions.

If it were up to me, I would continue with current ban. This is based on societal effects. I smoked habitually for 14 years of my life. I might have it once every 4 months these days and probably less often. Since cutting it out of my day-to-day life, I have turned my business around, my home life is greatly improved and I feel better every second of the day that I don't smoke. Based on this, I feel confident in telling my children that, despite being enjoyable on occasion, marijuana use isn't something that improves your life. It will waste away many days in which you could have been productive. The medicinal effects of THC make it a positive option for many, but employers need to have a cut and dry rule in place. There are effective and legal alternatives and, while playing professional sports, these are the ones the athletes should utilize.

And, Martavis Bryant is an incredible talent who needs to get his head out of his ass. If he didn't get suspended again, I'd look upon it as a miracle.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

no. You should not be under the influence of any mind altering substances while performing your job duties. I'm simply saying,it needs to be addressed somehow. Just like alcohol,you don't go to work drunk. Same as should be with pot,imo

Corner wasn't really a need in that draft. I just think it was a wrong evaluation not a reach for need to pick Cockrell first.

Not in the Bills collective mind.

"You can never have enough good corners" and they almost always take one.

I don't think it was really a misevaluation on Cockrell either.......he is a decent corner and normally that's fair value in round 4.......but not in a generational draft for WR talent.

It's before your time as a Bills fan but I remember 1995 draft Ruben Brown went in the first round to the Bills it was a really good OL draft and AFTER getting the star OL they proceeded to reach over some other good ones in subsequent rounds.

Their OL was a shambles and he was great his rookie year but they needed more than one. Same with Sammy.....one playmaking WR is not enough......when you can get high round value at mid round prices you gotta' jump on that.

It (allowing professional athletes to smoke pot)is a tough line to draw. We, obviously, do not want to see them using pre-game as it will effect the on-field product immensely. Allowing it is also a terrible message to youth, who are highly impressionable and look up to these athletes. The current state of legalization in a number of states does, however, create a massive grey area that opens the door to the players unions.

If it were up to me, I would continue with current ban. This is based on societal effects. I smoked habitually for 14 years of my life. I might have it once every 4 months these days and probably less often. Since cutting it out of my day-to-day life, I have turned my business around, my home life is greatly improved and I feel better every second of the day that I don't smoke. Based on this, I feel confident in telling my children that, despite being enjoyable on occasion, marijuana use isn't something that improves your life. It will waste away many days in which you could have been productive. The medicinal effects of THC make it a positive option for many, but employers need to have a cut and dry rule in place. There are effective and legal alternatives and, while playing professional sports, these are the ones the athletes should utilize.

And, Martavis Bryant is an incredible talent who needs to get his head out of his ass. If he didn't get suspended again, I'd look upon it as a miracle.

as for the message to the kids,parents drink alcohol and take prescription narcotics, drink caffeine,smoke cigarettes,etc. All of which are way worse on a human body than pot is. Its exactly the societal implications that you speak of that keeps it illegal,frowned upon,and as some poster stated...ghetto dwelling. Until it is seen for its value,and used appropriately, moderately,it will continue to be looked at in a society point of view as a bad thing. Again,I think nobody should go to work drunk,or high. But prescription drugs are fine,accepted,the norm in society 's eye....?

Not in the Bills collective mind.

"You can never have enough good corners" and they almost always take one.

I don't think it was really a misevaluation on Cockrell either.......he is a decent corner and normally that's fair value in round 4.......but not in a generational draft for WR talent.

It's before your time as a Bills fan but I remember 1995 draft Ruben Brown went in the first round to the Bills it was a really good OL draft and AFTER getting the star OL they proceeded to reach over some other good ones in subsequent rounds.

Their OL was a shambles and he was great his rookie year but they needed more than one. Same with Sammy.....one playmaking WR is not enough......when you can get high round value at mid round prices you gotta' jump on that.

None of that changes my opinion. I just believe they had Cockrell higher on their board.

Thats the whole problem, its already not sllowed and players still do it, why relax the rules of the NFL, so the situation can be takennadvantage of? I get your point, however, its legality federally, and restrictions in some states , coupled with the league and players unions agreed terms makes it so hard to believe there will be a change, and rightsully so. Other people ahouldnt be unduly put at risk for someone else's want to partake of a drug.

Thats the whole problem, its already not sllowed and players still do it, why relax the rules of the NFL, so the situation can be takennadvantage of? I get your point, however, its legality federally, and restrictions in some states , coupled with the league and players unions agreed terms makes it so hard to believe there will be a change, and rightsully so. Other people ahouldnt be unduly put at risk for someone else's want to partake of a drug.

...legality wherever has no bearing.....an employer has the right to make it a condition of employment regardless.....in many cases, the Federal minimum wage is far less than most States....States can set a higher wage legally but cannot be less......so if pot is legal in your state, individual employers have the right to set more stringent requirements unless of course for medical reasons....

...legality wherever has no bearing.....an employer has the right to make it a condition of employment regardless.....in many cases, the Federal minimum wage is far less than most States....States can set a higher wage legally but cannot be less......so if pot is legal in your state, individual employers have the right to set more stringent requirements unless of course for medical reasons....

I understand and grasp the difference from state and federal. What I was tring to portray in regards to that are twofold:

One influence

Two do teams not play at least 8 games away in another state that could or could not be illegal to have marijuana?

Just a matter if time when one of these players have marijuana on their person traveling with the team because they came from a state where its legal and boom..