Who's good with OJ Howard at 10?

njbuff

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At 6' 6" Howard would also help the 6' 1" Tyrod Taylor who has problems locating his playmakers on the football field.

Big targets help small QB's IMO.

No doubt he'd help TT. I was fantasizing about the matchup nightmares upthread yesterday. There's a good chance he'll be the BPA, anyway, if he's there at 10. Win, win.

Why would the bills do that if Howard is a special player?

We need playmakers on this team

Got that right. Like I always say, playmaker is ALWAYS a position of need, regardless of position.

In retrospect it was a stupid move and it represents a huge lack of discipline from Whaley. He likes to give away the store.

...because he should have known Sammy would get dinged up........thanks for the valuable input.........OBD needs a disciplinarian like you at the helm........wow..............

If Denison wants to play mostly 2 TE sets this makes a lot of sense to be honest. I was against it a few weeks back but after a lot of thought, he's a perfect fit in this system. It also allows us to move on from clay after this season if he can't stay healthy. A great target is a great target, wether it be WR or TE. If the FO thinks he can be. More dynamic player in this offense than Davis or Williams, I'm behind it.

Thinking about Clays future and his health, and then what the Bills want to do?

Trade down with a deal to get him later.

Not my pick.

But if TE is what they want?

...because he should have known Sammy would get dinged up........thanks for the valuable input.........OBD needs a disciplinarian like you at the helm........wow..............

I didn't say that, and I don't appreciate your sanctimonious comments.

Whereas you are something of a newcomer, I am guessing that most of your posts will be equally stupid.

Other than that, welcome to TBD.

I didn't say that, and I don't appreciate your sanctimonious comments.

Whereas you are something of a newcomer, I am guessing that most of your posts will be equally stupid.

Other than that, welcome to TBD.

...Target has crying towels on sale......and there's a coupon.....sorry for impugning that rarefied air on your high horse madam......welcome?....seriously?...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Unfortunately the BBMB posters that start with attacking people and not bringing anything to the table have pushed their way in. Very distracting.

....football dialogue is the primary focus my friend, but there will be times when emotions boil over from detractors who interrupt that fun filled dialogue....an aold codger like me, in year 55 of following this club is WELL used to it......nothing personal or..."no harm no foul"....it is a GAME..... :thumbsup:

Clay has 3 years and $13.5m left on his deal, none of it guaranteed. 10th pick in draft last year Eli Apple signed a 4 year $15m deal. Money tied up in Tight End position shouldn't preclude Bills from taking OJ if he's the guy they want. Clay has a dead cap hit of $9m if you cut him next year and $4.5m in 2 years. If you're not taking a QB at #10, Howard probably makes more sense than a WR since Taylor is your QB next 2 years.

....football dialogue is the primary focus my friend, but there will be times when emotions boil over from detractors who interrupt that fun filled dialogue....an aold codger like me, in year 55 of following this club is WELL used to it......nothing personal or..."no harm no foul"....it is a GAME..... :thumbsup:

BillfromNYC is one of the best posters here. I would be careful to attack ideas you don't like and not the poster. It will just make the atmosphere here better for us all. I am sure you can find this a good home if you keep that in mind.

Clay has 3 years and $13.5m left on his deal, none of it guaranteed. 10th pick in draft last year Eli Apple signed a 4 year $15m deal. Money tied up in Tight End position shouldn't preclude Bills from taking OJ if he's the guy they want. Clay has a dead cap hit of $9m if you cut him next year and $4.5m in 2 years. If you're not taking a QB at #10, Howard probably makes more sense than a WR since Taylor is your QB next 2 years.

I think you'll find that $13.5m you quoted is all guaranteed.

...isn't it $9 mil in 2017 and 2018?....pretty hefty if you invest in Howard at 10 I would think...........

BillfromNYC is one of the best posters here. I would be careful to attack ideas you don't like and not the poster. It will just make the atmosphere here better for us all. I am sure you can find this a good home if you keep that in mind.

.....football dialogue is my ONLY purpose...not here to insult, demean or intimidate anyone......Buffalo has been my club since 1962 which is immaterial.....same goes for his 18,000 posts or my 30,000+ posts elsewhere.....IGNORE is a beautiful thing and I respect anyone's choice to use the feature...no harm, no foul....I;m good friend.....BTW, in any disagreement, I would NEVER tell a posting colleague to go F^%K off....not my style or how I respect folks daily...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

@jumosq

Since 2008, 14 receivers have been taken in the top 15 picks. Only four had better three-cone times than O.J. Howard's 6.85.

Those receivers? A.J. Green, Julio Jones, Darrius Heyward-Bey and Odell Beckham Jr. O.J. Howard did it at two inches and 40 pounds heavier.