Whaley forget about receiver?

Did Whaley forget about this need when he was out signing fullbacks and safeties?

We have one NFL caliber WR on our roster in Watkins, who is hurt at least 50% of the time. There are barely any quality receivers left in free agency (almost all of them are #3 guys like Wright, Hunter, Patterson).

Unless Doug is hell bent on drafting 3 in May, we need to start adding some guys. This is the biggest need on the team, especially when you don't have an elite QB that makes average WR's great like Rodgers, Brees, or Brady.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they will take a CB #10 and WR in the 2nd. Although there seems to be buzz about Corey Davis and the Bills. I think the Bills want to trade out of 10.

They need a WR first. With Watkins questionable with his injuries the Bills need a good playmaker opposite him.

We need to sign at least one vet in FA. Rookie WR have one of the bigger learning curves and rarely contribute the way you want in year one.

I'm all for drafting someone in round 1/2. But we need another vet. I think we need to vets due to Sammy's injury history

Right now, without Watkins, the Bills must have the worst WR corp in the NFL.

Without Watkins we don't have a WR corp. There's what, 2 other guys under contract?

Whaley is constantly just trying to tread water. Every FA and draft we're trying to fill huge gaps where we should already have succession plans in place. WR was a need last year and he did nothing. It's now a bigger need. Aiken would be a good depth sign. But we'll need to go high (1st or 2nd) to add another playmaker to help Tyrod

"The 2017 NFL Draft will be the 82nd annual meeting of National Football League (NFL) franchises to select newly eligible football players. It is scheduled to be held in front of the Philadelphia Museum of Art[1] from April 27 to 29, returning to Philadelphia for the first time since 1961.[2] The player selections will be announced from an outdoor theatre built on the famous Rocky Steps, marking the first time an entire NFL draft is held outdoors.[3]"

Corey Davis in the 1st.

Without Watkins we don't have a WR corp. There's what, 2 other guys under contract?

Whaley is constantly just trying to tread water. Every FA and draft we're trying to fill huge gaps where we should already have succession plans in place. WR was a need last year and he did nothing. It's now a bigger need. Aiken would be a good depth sign. But we'll need to go high (1st or 2nd) to add another playmaker to help Tyrod

Excellent post.

Listenbee?

The 7th round pick from last season who didn't play a single snap?

Yea let's count on him.

They need to sign at least a decent WR in FA and I'd be all for their first round pick to be a big, go get the ball receiver opposite Sammy.

It's all perspective. I choose to look at him as the 6th rounder who may be the fastest guy in the nfl.

But yeah - they need to at least sign some fa, and draft someone. I'm sure they will