Whaley continues to release players and

We've had this discussion here countless times. It wasn't always for lack of trying; the Bills sunk some high pick assets into the position over the years. If a couple of those decisions had gone right, I doubt we would have had those discussions over the years. It's a fickle business where three 1st round picks invested in QBs can do little and a sixth round pick can win five SBs. But like I've said, having HOF talent on the roster is only half the battle.

...it is a fair assessment IMO....but you also have to consider the OBD brass from Kelly era forward.......hardly the "Who's Who" of names running FOOTBALL operations, or more appropriately NON-football people running Football Operations.....too painful to rehash all of the misfits.......you're smart enough to know the laundry list.....DonoHOLE may have been the 1st, but his egotistical control freak nature sealed his fate....Nix was probably a better football guy but he was 70 or so when he took over and I wonder how much he had left for the rigors.....Modrak telecommuting as your Big Dawg was asinine IMO...Whaley has decent Steelers roots under Steelers GM Colbert who has been at the job since 2000......QB spot being OBD's Achilles' heel remains unanswered.....

...it is a fair assessment IMO....but you also have to consider the OBD brass from Kelly era forward.......hardly the "Who's Who" of names running FOOTBALL operations, or more appropriately NON-football people running Football Operations.....too painful to rehash all of the misfits.......you're smart enough to know the laundry list.....DonoHOLE may have been the 1st, but his egotistical control freak nature sealed his fate....Nix was probably a better football guy but he was 70 or so when he took over and I wonder how much he had left for the rigors.....Modrak telecommuting as your Big Dawg was asinine IMO...Whaley has decent Steelers roots under Steelers GM Colbert who has been at the job since 2000......QB spot being OBD's Achilles' heel remains unanswered.....

Ironically, it was two highly respected football people that sunk three of those 1st round assets into QBs in the form of Butler, who left our team in cap shambles, and Donahoe as you mentioned, and whiffed. And while I don't accept that "non football people" ran football operations ( no desire to rehash that tired meme), we've just been middling at BEST, regardless.

Like I said, talent is half the battle anyway. Several other critical factors come into play when it comes to the kind of sustained success we'd all like to see.

Ironically, it was two highly respected football people that sunk three of those 1st round assets into QBs in the form of Butler, who left our team in cap shambles, and Donahoe as you mentioned, and whiffed. And while I don't accept that "non football people" ran football operations ( no desire to rehash that tired meme), we've just been middling at BEST, regardless.

Like I said, talent is half the battle anyway. Several other critical factors come into play when it comes to the kind of sustained success we'd all like to see.

....hope it happens sooner than later.....I'm getting pretty old, following this club since 1962, and where I'm "headed", LCD TV's are NOT heat resistant enough..... :thumbsup:

....hope it happens sooner than later.....I'm getting pretty old, following this club since 1962, and where I'm "headed", LCD TV's are NOT heat resistant enough..... :thumbsup:

You and I are both going to that big sports bar in the sky where we shall rejoice with all those we've known who never lived long enough to see that glorious day. First round is in me!

You and I are both going to that big sports bar in the sky where we shall rejoice with all those we've known who never lived long enough to see that glorious day. First round is in me!

...good guys like you go North where Ralphy and Lombardi are...bad guys like me go South to the "warmer climate"......already have my ticket......habernaros daily are part of the menu.............

Listen kid...I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns EVERY NIGHT! Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up-and-down the court for 48 minutes.

you like gladiator movies?

I don't understand some fans.

If you dislike the front office, coaches, QB and owners so much why still claim them as your team?

Seriously? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or jerk, it just doesn't make sense.

that is the million dollar question

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I think it's because many of these fans were fans before these guys were running the show, and will still be fans after they're gone. Your team is still your team, even if you're not happy with the way it's being run.

Right on. Being a fan for life does not preclude one from disagreeing with management.

I don't understand some fans.

If you dislike the front office, coaches, QB and owners so much why still claim them as your team?

Seriously? I'm not trying to be a smart ass or jerk, it just doesn't make sense.

So your definition of fandom requires unquestionable loyalty with no dissent or disagreement with the powers that be?

Not a fan of Whaley... I think he should be fired. But I have no qualms with the moves and releases he made. All of them make sense

Serious question: you are new here so maybe you have a fresh perspective on why Whaley should be fired? Edited by yungmack