Bills Release Safety Corey Graham

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Graham is a nice fit in this defense. The only way we're going to love it is if the front 7 can pressure the QB. If they do (I believe they will) the secondary will feast off of quick decisions forced on the QB. When the front 7 doesn't put pressure on in this defense it looks like bend but don't break (painful to watch),

Either way the secondary has to be comprised of intelligent football players. It's not dependent on traditional cover skills and that's why I think Graham could play in it. I suspect he's back at some point.

Sad to see Corey Graham go, but it was kind of expected at the salary he was earning and cap space his release would clear.

I was actually kind of surprised that he wasn't released the other day before Aaron Williams was. But after the Hyde and Poyer signings I thought maybe he had a chance to stick around just due to his versatility (playing CB and S), as that seems to be something McDermott values. Although I don't know if Graham is really capable of playing CB anymore... Hes getting up there in age, and IMO his play did fall off a bit last season.

I kind of like that McDermott is making over the secondary. It's one of his areas of expertise, so I trust him that he knows what he's doing. He did a very good job developing that secondary in Carolina. Josh Norman was a late round pick that he helped turn into a top 5 CB. I have more faith in McDermott than I have in any Bills HC in a long time. It's a nice feeling!

I expect there will be more moves to come. The last 2 releases in the secondary were followed shortly by 2 signings in the secondary.

Even if a move doesn't happen now, there's still a long time before the season starts. More good players will get released around the league as the offseason goes on and training camps get under way. There's still plenty of time to fill any holes on this roster. We don't play any games for a long time yet.

And who knows, maybe this year will be a mini rebuild, where we release more players that don't fit the new vision, slowly fill those holes with younger guys with upside (as they have so far) and don't spend to the cap to roll some of that savings into next year.

It's too early to know what the plan is though. I'll just sit back, wait and watch.

Again, I have no issue with a secondary makeover, as long as the releases don't negate 2018 comp picks

I will point out though that the secondary wasn't the biggest issue on our D the last 2 years

That was the run D

So any makeover that helps address the run D is incredible but I sense we are still ways aways from fully addressing that issue

jc

And people don't want Byrd here...

....so if the numbers were IDENTICAL, who would you take back, Graham or Byrd?.......Byrd and his late agent Eugene Parker burned many bridges on his way outta here......he wanted out as bad as Peters (another Parker client) and Marshawn......

....so if the numbers were IDENTICAL, who would you take back, Graham or Byrd?.......Byrd and his late agent Eugene Parker burned many bridges on his way outta here......he wanted out as bad as Peters (another Parker client) and Marshawn......

That's a great question. I guess I'd go Byrd with his Dad on our staff and I miss his ball hawking skills. But I'd be pleased either way, I liked Corey Graham while he was here.

Graham. Byrd will be signed and then have issues which cannot be proved or disproved medically and on IR. Graham will make the effort.

We may not have seen the last of CG in Buffalo pending his ability to attract some better offers as a free agent.

I'd love to have him back at a lower number, probably near the vet min, he's actually the type of guy this coaching staff is targeting to build a tougher team that's laser-focused on winning.