Calm down, breathe, we are fine.

Several of our most "talented" players - Dareus, Watkins, Ragland, Lawson, Hughes - were either injured or played very poorly last year. So it is very much a up in the air type of feeling for me.

Not having any WRs seems to alarm everyone... but we didn't have anyone really last year either and everyone wanted us to draft treadwell and doctson... I'd like to see us grab at least SOMEONE though.

Unfortunately until tom Brady retires, we will be waiting..

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wailing and gnashing of teeth, hearing the lamentations of the women is cracking me up. Relax.

Do I believe Tyrod is the answer, no, but he was our best option RIGHT NOW . We can cut him after next season and its an 8 mill cap hit. That said, I think if anyone can get Tyrod to advance his play at all its Dennison. Tyrod MUST learn to throw with anticipation, use the middle and get rid of the ball in rhythm and on time. 3-5 step drops, roll out, ball gone in 3 seconds tops. Can he? We will see.

Defense: Love the front 4 we are fine there. McDermott said teams are playing Nickle about 60% of the time now with all the passing and he only needs really two good LB's. Let it play out, see what he can do.

DB's. We just signed two and drafted a kid last year, plus this draft is so damn DB deep you can get a 2nd round talent in the 4th round. Relax...McDermott has made a probowler out of a low rounder. We will be fine.

OL: I still want more work at RT, but we will see.

WR: Here is the only area I have a concern. We need a true threat opposite Watkins, but in this offense we need guys who can be smart, really good route runners, do well with RAC and be able to adjust routes based on coverage. WR is deep in the draft, and there are very serviceable Free agents out there.

Right now as it stands I trade down in the first no matter what, twice if we can. By doing that we can still get a 1st round talent at DB or a 1st round talent at WR while grabbing more picks. In the first 3 rounds all I address is WR and CB this year. See what we currently have at LB and change it up next year if need be.

But folks, come on. I love the McDermott hire, I love his defensive system and by it just not being Rex we will greatly improve. On offense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

You know what is funny?

Last year

- We dont have any Free Agenty money?

- Did nearly all of our work AFTER day one of free agency

- Netted us Zach Brown and Lorax.....both of which ended up being good players for us

Lets just wait and see how it shakes out

What results from the past 20 years do we have to fall back on in regards to this franchise knowing what it's doing?

We've put in plenty of faith and trust. I think we are more than entitled to be angry at this point.

GIVE ME A BREAK - The only constant for this franchise over the last 20 years is the FANS. (I don't want to hear the lame old Brandon crap)

This 20 year **** is OUR PROBLEM!

This BILLS franchise is virtually two years old. At least give them time to build up their own bad rep. It is just not fair to nail the failings of RW on them.

The wailing and gnashing of teeth, hearing the lamentations of the women is cracking me up. Relax.

Do I believe Tyrod is the answer, no, but he was our best option RIGHT NOW . We can cut him after next season and its an 8 mill cap hit. That said, I think if anyone can get Tyrod to advance his play at all its Dennison. Tyrod MUST learn to throw with anticipation, use the middle and get rid of the ball in rhythm and on time. 3-5 step drops, roll out, ball gone in 3 seconds tops. Can he? We will see.

Defense: Love the front 4 we are fine there. McDermott said teams are playing Nickle about 60% of the time now with all the passing and he only needs really two good LB's. Let it play out, see what he can do.

DB's. We just signed two and drafted a kid last year, plus this draft is so damn DB deep you can get a 2nd round talent in the 4th round. Relax...McDermott has made a probowler out of a low rounder. We will be fine.

WR: Here is the only area I have a concern. We need a true threat opposite Watkins, but in this offense we need guys who can be smart, really good route runners, do well with RAC and be able to adjust routes based on coverage. WR is deep in the draft, and there are very serviceable Free agents out there.

Right now as it stands I trade down in the first no matter what, twice if we can. By doing that we can still get a 1st round talent at DB or a 1st round talent at WR while grabbing more picks. In the first 3 rounds all I address is WR and CB this year. See what we currently have at LB and change it up next year if need be.

But folks, come on. I love the McDermott hire, I love his defensive system and by it just not being Rex we will greatly improve. On offense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

Somewhere between this ^^ and this below lies the truth, with the X-Factor being the new staff, imo.

TT has had 6 years to learn all that stuff. He didn't learn it his first time under Dennison, apparently.

DL: Jerry Hughes is overrated, Shaq has shown nothing, Kyle is getting older but is our lone bright spot, and Dareus is one toke away from missing a year.

DB: Seymour has shown nothing, Poyer is a JAG, losing a top 10 talent in Gilmore is gonna be felt

OL: Fine

WR: Watkins then nothing

RB: Good, especially with our 8 FB's.

I like reading postings about how we'll be fine because i think so too. I really want to read more about this plan. I was having coffee with my buddy Lou yesterday and he thinks mario williams would be a good player this year. I told him he's already on the Bills and he should read the paper more. Smilee. I felt funny correcting him but mario will preform better with our new coach.

I agree completely. It makes no sense to get worked up in the offseason, there is still so much time until week one and so many things can change. I like the addition by subtraction of the Ryans and it's tough to say the sky is falling when we don't even know what cards we are dealt after the draft and how things shake out in camp.

Guest NeckBeard

I don't know if the Bills are "fine", as some would suggest, but certainly hiring (IMO) the best coaching candidate on the market gives me hope that they can build a system that works, that they can recognize the value of their picks, continue to bring in solid FAs, and so forth.

2004: But folks, come on. I love the McDermott Mularkey hire, I love his defensive offensive system and by it just not being Rex Williams we will greatly improve. On offense defense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

2006: But folks, come on. I love the McDermott Juaron hire, I love his defensive system and by it just not being Rex Mularkey we will greatly improve. On offense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

2010: But folks, come on. I love the McDermott Gailey hire, I love his defensive offensive system and by it just not being Rex Juaron we will greatly improve. On offense defense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

2013: But folks, come on. I love the McDermott Marrone hire, I love his defensive system what he did in Cuse and by it just not being Rex Galey we will greatly improve. On offense defense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

2015: But folks, come on. I love the McDermott Rex hire, I love his defensive system and by it just not being Rex Marrone we will greatly improve. On offense we are putting in a proven, damn good system. Let Coach have a couple years to build HIS Team and lets see how it goes.

I love your optimism about McDermott. He seems to understand the mindset you need to be an NFL head coach. Hard work, nose to the grindstone, all business. Everything Rex was not.

I don't know if the Bills are "fine", as some would suggest, but certainly hiring (IMO) the best coaching candidate on the market gives me hope that they can build a system that works, that they can recognize the value of their picks, continue to bring in solid FAs, and so forth.

Thank you. That means a lot coming from an obvious Stranger Things fan.

Guest NeckBeard

Thank you. That means a lot coming from an obvious Stranger Things fan.

OMG, do I know you in real life?

I have alot of optimism since we fired Rex, I love the HC hire, and I am more than willing to give him, and our team, including DW, time, and yes it's very early on in the start of a new NFL off season

At the same time you have to be blind not to notice that we lost alot of talent the past 2 days, and other than signing a top tier FB, and making an upgrade at K, as a fan, there's really not much to get excited about player wise, yes retaining TT is great, but what about actually adding talent, and renegotiating his contract to free up cap space is even better, what about using those available funds to sign a top 50 FA even if its one of our own?

Just saying....

jc

I have said it before in other threads but you can not underestimate how bad Rex was for this team. His defense just doesn't work in the NFL any longer. It is too complicated. You can't trick even a decent QB. NFL offenses are not even that sophisticated any longer. All they do is put 5 guys out in the pattern and find the weakest spot in the defense. That could be as simple as a 6-5 TE on a tiny CB or a RB on a LB.

Rex took a simple team defense that worked and destroyed it. It really should not be a surprise. When they ran the same defense with Pettine they were historically bad at stopping the run.

I admit I had hope that Rex would keep Schwartz and just be the HC. Maybe add in a few DB blitzes or other wrinkles. But know he had to prove he was smarter than Belichick and Brady. And of course he is not.

Whaley said it in the PC. "Rex's defense wasn't good enough".

Yes I would rather have Gilmore on the tag and a rookie safety. But I can live with Hyde, another FA DB, and a second round rookie CB.

I want Glenn at RT and Kujo at LT, but if they want Glenn at LT, they will find someone that is as bad or better than Mills. Nearly impossible to get worse.

WR and LB are the scary spots at this point. Davis and Williams probably will both be there at #10. I would be happy with either. But I see a trade down and taking BPA 8-15 spots later. There is depth at WR and DB in this draft. Move down, get extra picks, and draft a TE, WR, LB, DB.

AND

Make sure they sign less FA's than they lose. let Lorax and Z. Brown walk.

As any Bills fan of over 10 years should realize by now, this is the BEST part of the season. Our souls have not been crushed yet from the terrible early home loss-head scratcher, nobody is on IR for the year yet, and we are still tied with New England. I say enjoy the next few weeks because as the past 17 years have shown us, right now is as good as it gets for us!

I disagree, I'm not saying we're bottom feeders, but after one day of FA, the reality is we lost alot more talent than we gained

I see some pro's, we clearly upgraded at starting/backup FB, and K

And I'm happy we worked things out with TT

But retaining him initself is not a net plus towards a better offense nor overall record in 2017

Sure, I like the cap savings but only if our team uses it to sign top talent which so far we have not

We still lost our #2WR and #3 WR's

We still lost 3/5's of our starting secondary

We still lost 2/3rd's of our starting linebackers

And we only have so many draft picks of which to replace em

Yes, we got some bodies to play safety and a backup guard

But not top 100 FA's or true blue NFL starters

Could one turn out to be like Zach or Lorax, of course, but you're drinking koolaid if you automatically claim it will be so

I would still assert drafting a high level young safety is a need going into this draft

And Corner/WR has become a necessity

And I am concerned these fringe FA signings will nullify 2018 comp picks

Ok, its only day one, lots more to come in the off season

Maybe we resign Zach next week, or a #3 WR, or a nickel corner

But let's be honest and say fans in other NFL cities have lots more to be excited about...

jc

With all due respect Wilcoam,

I'm much more confident/excited with McDermott and Co then I ever came close to being with the circus act the Ryan brothers brought to Buffalo.

Edited by Figster