Cleveland is gonna screw the Bills

NY Nole

Hogwash. It was Pats who started the rumour of Jimmy G commanding 1st and 2nd round picks. They want to trade him. Why do you think there's still talk? If Cleveland trades a boatload of picks for Jimmy G, then that's the Nets-Celtics trade V2. The whole friggin League should BLOCK that trade.

Jimmy is real. Also real FRAGILE. He got injured what? into his third game? Look at his size and his escapability. I bet ya if Jimmy G becomes #1 QB in NE we play him once a year, not twice.

It's a good point. And he may turn out that way which would be a big change for them. Brady has been so durable.

But if he can stay healthy and is as good as I think, it will break me if he stays with the pats.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Patriots aren't exactly great at drafting players...They accidently stumbled upon an annoyingly good QB the rest is hit or miss like everyone else

What about the Patriot Way? You couldn't possibly be suggesting that having the best QB for over a decade and a half might deflect criticism for other dubious decisions.

It's a good point. And he may turn out that way which would be a big change for them. Brady has been so durable.

But if he can stay healthy and is as good as I think, it will break me if he stays with the pats.

yeah you can't beat a good team by wishing they will not have talent. Pats always find their system QBs so it's no use. I'd rather see Jimmy G stay there. He's small, he's fragile, and UNLESS NFL becomes a FLAG FOOTBALL LEAGUE he will be injured. (which is why, Tyrod is a Mr. Right Now, not Mr. Right IMO).

Cleveland usually just screws itself, odds are still good that they'll manage to do just that.

LOL yeah it's very unfortunate but true. Eh what can we do. We just gotta get better at beating Belicheat. Can we hire Tom Coughlin next time? He beat Belicheat TWICE didn't he?

Jimmy G, IMO, is a different animal than Cassel, Hoyer and Mallet...He was a 2nd round pick...what was Cassel ?...7th round ?.....he broke all of Romo's college records....has very limited playing experience, but learned behind Brady in one of if not the most complex offensive system in the league.....I remember BB saying last year how having JG back there was a seamless transition from Brady.....and in that very limited playing time, he looked very good....either way, it's bad news...1) he's leaving and NE gets a crap load of picks...2) he stays and NE has a very QB for the next 10 years....

If I'm Cleveland, I do give them a 1st and a 2nd.....Dropping a 1st round pick on a college QB is more of a risk than getting Garappollo.....

Jimmy G, IMO, is a different animal than Cassel, Hoyer and Mallet...He was a 2nd round pick...what was Cassel ?...7th round ?.....he broke all of Romo's college records....has very limited playing experience, but learned behind Brady in one of if not the most complex offensive system in the league.....I remember BB saying last year how having JG back there was a seamless transition from Brady.....and in that very limited playing time, he looked very good....either way, it's bad news...1) he's leaving and NE gets a crap load of picks...2) he stays and NE has a very QB for the next 10 years....

If I'm Cleveland, I do give them a 1st and a 2nd.....Dropping a 1st round pick on a college QB is more of a risk than getting Garappollo.....

except that Garappolo will be due big $$ next year and a rookie will be cheap for 5 years. He is worth a late 1st or a 2d round pick.

except that Garappolo will be due big $$ next year and a rookie will be cheap for 5 years. He is worth a late 1st or a 2d round pick.

That's true...but I think Cleveland wants to skip the 2-3 years it usually takes a college QB to get up to speed with the NFL game ( Dak last year is the exception, not the rule )...JG is ready now.....

I'm told #Patriots would likely want #Browns No. 1 overall this yr & prob 1st in '18 for Jimmy. 12+ prob won't do it

Could this be trying to water down the asking price of one 1st? If the Patriots wanted 2 1sts, and the Browns give them one, then that "sounds" like a steal. The whole thing stinks, don't do it Cleveland. New England knows that they have, and will need a QB soon.

Edited by What a Tuel

Could this be trying to water down the asking price of one 1st? If the Patriots wanted 2 1sts, and the Browns give them one, then that "sounds" like a steal. The whole thing stinks, don't do it Cleveland. New England knows that they have, and will need a QB soon.

Yep. This is NE propaganda and it's been going on for a while. No way in hell would CLE (or anyone else) trade the 1 overall (or a high 1st) for Garoppolo. Caveat emptor!!!