We are up to 31.2 Mill in Cap room, But why do we need it?

I can see them maybe going after the we Pryor or maybe even Hightower.

Pryor appears to be going back to Cleveland. Titans were projected to blow Hightower away among other teams. Jeffery appears to be going to the Eagles. Unless someone has better information, I don't see any rumors with us and anyone else out there right now, we are probably waiting for the market to cool down to sign a handful of warm bodies at need positions with the hope that some hit.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sal Capaccio Verified account @SalSports 23m23 minutes ago

I have the Bills about $26M under the salary cap right now after all the moves made or reportedly about to be made.

1 reply 4 retweets 6 likes
as you can see, Sal says $26mil after the signing of the FB's,K,G and whatever else they did the past 2 days...now subtract $6.5 mil for draft picks..leaves them with about $19.5 mil for more FA's

Most of our signings are cheap. Should have money to fill a hole or 2 before the draft.

Tyrod restructure- frees up $6M

Tolbert- 1y/$1M

DiMarco- 2M/yr

Hauschka- probably $2-3M?

Ducasse sucks so hopefully nothing more than $3M per.

Cutting Aaron and Easly frees up 2.5M.

I would look to sign a RT (Reiff?) and a speedy OLB (Z. Brown gone already? If yes then someone similar). Whatever allows us to focus on S/CB/WR in the draft.

Edit: Maybe a vet S like Byrd would be a good guy to take a flier on too.

Edited by Mikie's Bills

Well we need safeties, at leastanother linebacker,rt, wr, and cb. Not to mention we have to pay our rookie pool that makes the top 51. Also likely they try to get a vet backup at qb.

Correct....we have a roster to fill out

Sal Capaccio ‏Verified account @SalSports 23m23 minutes ago

I have the Bills about $26M under the salary cap right now after all the moves made or reportedly about to be made.

1 reply 4 retweets 6 likes
as you can see, Sal says $26mil after the signing of the FB's,K,G and whatever else they did the past 2 days...now subtract $6.5 mil for draft picks..leaves them with about $19.5 mil for more FA's

Disagree, the 26 would be WITH The 6 mill taken out for draft picks. Still why do we need 26 million? We must be ready to make a move that hasn't been leaked is my thought

Not just fill out the roster we need true starters at those positions, lb, cb, both safeties, wr, and rt. Thats likely why we need 30+mil in cap space.

One WR and one Starting corner will come from this draft as deep as it is.

Franchise long snappers don't come cheap?

Ok thats damn funny :w00t:

names Ive seen connected to Bills from the past 2 days are..WR Aiken, TE Cook and TE Bennett......if they sign Byrd I would expect to see Graham released and they go with Byrd and rookie...I would like to see a RT seeings Ol very weak in this draft

Edited by Tsaikotic

Who is out there and who are we looking at?????

Like a ton of people and if you seen 3-4 of those mid tier guys the money can tighten up quick. Add a corner, safety, lb and wr and that number gets down to a reasonable spot quick

Disagree, the 26 would be WITH The 6 mill taken out for draft picks. Still why do we need 26 million? We must be ready to make a move that hasn't been leaked is my thought

We very obviously are going to have to sign several starters to decent contracts even if they aren't Day 1 blockbusters

You ask a good question, while it seems like our Bills are doing alot of great work freeing up cap room, releasing players, and the TT renegotiation, there is no point if they don't use the money freed up to acquire decent starting players

Sure, I get that we have to find depth to make up the 53 roster, and they will take up some cap room, but there seems to have been room to have either re-signed one of Zach, Gilmore, or Woods, and or say one bigger ticket FA's to replace one of em

Sure, I am in favour of signing less FA's than we lose to get an extra high 3rd round pick in 2018, but at the same time not in favour of losing 4-5 starters this FA, and not replacing some with FA's, because you only have so many draft picks, and all will start

I especially would love to see sign one of a starting RT, S, CB, or WR that got released, because that would not affect the 2018 comp pick, Marshall would have been nice and less expensive than Woods, I love the FB signing, he was released, so again no comp pick affect

Oh well...

jc

not trying to argue with yea, but Sal said his $26mil is before the $6.5 mil needed for draft picks..whos right and whos wrong I have no idea

Edited by Tsaikotic