Would you trade for Brandin Cooks?

Continuing the "how do we fill out the WR group" I have been mulling on this idea. The Saint said no to the 32nd overall but maybe more receptive to the 10th. I am NOT advocating for a straight swap, but maybe we get a mid rounder back.

Normally I wouldn't suggest such a thing. But today the WR market has gotten very small very expensive for anyone who isn't a camp body. Cooks is still on a rookie deal. He's a more proven commodity. It would definitely give us a #2 WR.

The tradeoff is that we control him for less time.

I thought I would throw it out there.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The problem with that is you are going to be trying to re-sign both Cooks and Watkins in the same season.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Is he a FB?

How is his blocking?

Whats his catch radius?

This is pretty funny lol.

Hi, this is my first post since getting kicked off the old BBMB.
No, I would not trade for him.
Why would we spend 3 total first round picks on a pair of wide receivers when we never throw the ball ...and then not have the money to re-sign either?

The end. Thank you, goodnight.

Edited by Rigotz

LOL like we have a QB who can accurately throw a ball that isn't a 50-yard bomb and can use the center of the field. Out routes, dumps offs and bombs is all we have...we might as well just run the 'Veer' next season

Student Body left

Student Body right

Hi, this is my first post since getting kicked off the old BBMB.

No, I would not trade for him.

Why would we spend 3 total first round picks on a pair of wide receivers when we never throw the ball ...and then not have the money to re-sign either?

The end. Thank you, goodnight.

Hey, you BBMB refugees should all make sure to get an avatar. It will make you more easily recognizable. Welcome.

Hell no. Why pay a premium for him when we can get a decent WR in the draft for rookie money?

Cooks is a proven commodity and is knocking at the elite door.

Proven production is worth far more than potential.

If he was 28, no way, but he'll be 24 this season.

Titans turned down the 18th selection for him. I'm not sure the 10th will get it done.

Edited by TheElectricCompany