Torrey Smith has been released

Surpassing Goodwin isn't a big jump. Remember that BS of Olympic speed? The guy never had Olympic speed. Graham was faster and actually played but both were bad.

I mention Goodwin because having a deep threat in this offense would be deadly. Smith can take the top off the defense, which leaves even more opportunities to get Sammy the ball. Plus, Smith is definitely healthier than Goodwin...

What's the trick, catching the ball?

Fly routes and an occasional post. He's not really a possession type guy who runs multiple routes. I'd rather keep Woods than sign him. Woods will probably come cheaper as well.

Wasnt he available last year too? Was he released or FA?

he was made available for trade, but it never transpired. Philly was reportedly very interested at the time and with their WR situation I expect they will go after him hard. He will have options. Sadly I don't think he'd choose Bills with the current QB/passing game. He tweeted that he is going to get back to where he was (presumably he meant pre-Kap/Gabbert). Edited by YoloinOhio

he was made available for trade, but it never transpired. Philly was reportedly very interested at the time and with their WR situation I expect they will go after him hard. He will have options. Sadly I don't think he'd choose Bills with the current QB/passing game. He tweeted that he is going to get back to where he was (presumably he meant pre-Kap/Gabbert).

One report had the Eagles interested in Kenny Britt who is a Ram and an UFA.