Reason NRC was released

cover1

At first I was surprised that he was cut considering that his contract was not a big hit and he made some plays for the Bills. But considering the scheme change and his 31 missed tackles in 4 seasons (23 of which were in '13 and '14), I get why they let him go. A deep draft at CB plus NRC not being a fit due to size and length I can now see why they let him go. Nickel CBs are utilized a lot to cover run gap responsibilities. Check out this play here:

What scares me about cutting Robey is that it might increase the chances of keeping Gilmore. My guess is that Gilmore wants out and Whaley would have to seriously over pay him to stay, but this is exactly what Whaley does.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darby will get hurt and the Whaley apologists will say "how could they know we'd need CB depth?"

Homer, hater, apologist, kool-aide etc. are all derisive terms that do nothing to move forward the conversation.

Homer, hater, apologist, kool-aide etc. are all derisive terms that do nothing to move forward the conversation.

If you are going to be holding on-line posting classes, please give us the times and dates because I am sure hundreds of us can't wait to listen and learn.

I'm sure that you have much to offer after 9 posts.

Edited by Bill from NYC

At first I was surprised that he was cut considering that his contract was not a big hit and he made some plays for the Bills. But considering the scheme change and his 31 missed tackles in 4 seasons (23 of which were in '13 and '14), I get why they let him go. A deep draft at CB plus NRC not being a fit due to size and length I can now see why they let him go. Nickel CBs are utilized a lot to cover run gap responsibilities. Check out this play here:

Excellent - I agree totally. NRC is a player with a ton of heart and showed some nice blitz tendencies, but he also struggled with his size and with the new scheme - I think the slot corner and the safety will be coming up in run support more than we saw with Rex.

What scares me about cutting Robey is that it might increase the chances of keeping Gilmore. My guess is that Gilmore wants out and Whaley would have to seriously over pay him to stay, but this is exactly what Whaley does.

Has Whaley caved in negotiations during his tenure in Buffalo? I don't remember him doing that for any high profile players. He did give TT a good faith handout last year though.

The guy you're referring to is one of the most gawd-awful trolls in the long history of this forum. He's been polluting innumerable threads with his uninformed garbage at any time he isn't banned. His presence has a significantly negative effect on the quality of discussion at TBD and I know I'm not the only one who wishes the mods would make his ban permanent due to his inability/unwillingness to self-regulate. If you figure out how to use the Ignore feature, it will improve the quality of your experience here, although you will still have to see his trash second hand when other posters respond to it.

Welcome aboard!

Edited by Simon

I could have said, "defenders," but the point would remain the same.

The guy you're referring to is one of the most gawd-awful trolls in the long history of this forum. He's been polluting innumerable threads with his uninformed garbage at any time he isn't banned. His presence has a significantly negative effect on the quality of discussion at TBD and I know I'm not the only one who wishes the mods would make his ban permanent due to his inability/unwillingness to self-regulate. If you figure out how to use the Ignore feature, it will improve the quality of your experience here, although you will still have to see his trash second hand when other posters respond to it.

Welcome aboard!

Yikes.

Captain Munnerlyn was same size as Robey and played well at nickel under McDermott. Don't get it. For 1.5 mil in savings.

hes a couple inches taller. NRC is only 5'7

Edit: Sorry, I saw that was already mentioned. Anyway, perhaps mcD thinks Munnerlyn is better within his system.

Edited by YoloinOhio

If you are going to be holding on-line posting classes, please give us the times and dates because I am sure hundreds of us can't wait to listen and learn.

I'm sure that you have much to offer after 9 posts.

I'll get back to you with specifics.

UBLOCK ME TURNER!!!!!!!!

Darby will get hurt and the Whaley apologists will say "how could they know we'd need CB depth?"

NRC on Julio Jones, Kelvin benjamin, what's his face mctampa bay guy who came out with Watkins and Benjaminstein, j Landry, the other wr not Brandon Marshall in jersey, whatever basic white kid new england has, etc... yeah. NRC on them when Darby gets hurt. ... not a chance

Welcome aboard!

buuuuuurn

NRC on Julio Jones, Kelvin benjamin, what's his face mctampa bay guy who came out with Watkins and Benjaminstein, j Landry, the other wr not Brandon Marshall in jersey, whatever basic white kid new england has, etc... yeah. NRC on them when Darby gets hurt. ... not a chance

buuuuuurn

NRC could play boundary in a pinch on a smaller guy. We're only a few years removed from Justin Rogers getting lit up back there.

I've noticed Simon gets very intense when someone criticizes Whaley.