Adolphus Washington

Dareus is actually built for the defense as well and the 3 tech is the pure definition of what he is. I think the perfect fit is for Washington to spell Kyle and Dareus in specific situations. The better he plays the more time he'll get - but there's a ton available in a 4-3 defense that relies on pressure.

If that happens and it goes well...The D will be in great shape!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The right motivation should put that all in the dirt. The team needs to figure out what pushes him. To everyone its different. That's why management and coaching are so important. Sometimes there has to be a different approach to get the best out of every player.

Yup

It's gonna be all mental with him

Physically he is very explosive and stout

Yeah, I hope to see Washington get more play time next season, I think he's going to really thrive in this new D. Lets not forget this is likely Kyle William's last season; it's the last of his contract anyway. Maybe the bills tack on another year if he's still has it in him.

I'm gonna chalk that up to hitting the rookie wall. Lets hope it doesn't continue.

washington will be the poor mans star lotourloielelre or the young version of dwan edwards. both are good things.

he will do well to bounce to the outside in 34 look backing the de/olb hybrid off. hughes or lawson for example could move to olb and do coverage from a last second shift. he could also be 34de than have a shift to a 44 look provided we get a safety to come in to the box. one of these safeties who has played lb could be fun. if we got hooker and had a good ss to rush up in a nickel look we could go from nickel lineup with a 3rd safety look instead of 3rd cb. shift 3rd s to mlb jack. the slb (lawson) to dt and mlb to slb - especially if they can cover (preson brown?) and you have a front of lawson washington dareus hughes - ragland (sam) brown (mike) whoever plays jack/safety and z brown at will. then your 2 cb's and 2 safeties.

we have the option to shift looks a lot to hide our weaknesses and that we have one good thing from trainrex is that we have versatility in positional players.

dareus is like no one else mcd's has had.

Both Washington and Shaq should excel going back to their natural positions.

Only defender i am worried about in this defense from last years draft is Ragland.

Completely agree. If he can beat out P. Brown then it is like getting an extra draft pick this year. If not, it will take two off-seasons to rebuild the linebackers.

Completely agree. If he can beat out P. Brown then it is like getting an extra draft pick this year. If not, it will take two off-seasons to rebuild the linebackers.

Agree. He needs to show he can have the mobility to be a 3 down backer in this 4-3. If he cant we need multiple LBers.

I am so sick really of the Buffalo Bills going 4-3/3-4/4-3/3-4/4-3 every two freaking years. Reason why i hate the Rex Ryan hire more than any other hire that they have made during the drought.

ragland will likely be more natural at will linebacker in mcd's defense.

Agree. He needs to show he can have the mobility to be a 3 down backer in this 4-3. If he cant we need multiple LBers.

I am so sick really of the Buffalo Bills going 4-3/3-4/4-3/3-4/4-3 every two freaking years. Reason why i hate the Rex Ryan hire more than any other hire that they have made during the drought.

The good news is I feel we went away from RR fast enough that we hadnt completed our 3/4 conversion.....and still have a lot of 4/3 players on the team

I think Ragland is gonna be just fine.....he does need to get his playing weight down

That said....Jabril Peppers is growing on me and fits a lot of things in McD's defense....I love that in a world where guys say they wont do this and wont do that he steps up and competes at both in the combine.....

Looks like a sua cravens type to me.....maybe in a trade down?

I do think he has potential as a 3 tech. He played inside and outside in college and can get to the QB. He's more of a pass rusher than a run defender. Not a great immediate fit for DE in Rex's system, but this one should be more aligned to his strengths. I'm concerned about his work ethic given A Lynn benched him for the last game. I'm not sure of the exact reason but thought I heard it was practice habits.

Not so much habits as he just said the guy who didnt even play had a better week in practice

Wow this is true. He was wasted on the outside. I thought Jerrell Worthy would thrive too

I can't see Adolphus playing alot of DT, thus I do not see him replacing Kyle, I see him more of rotational depth for Shaq and Hughes, and eventually replacing Hughes, but I could be wrong

I think you will see our Bills move away from OLB/ILB's and sign a couple of DT's and DE's this off season as part of the formation change,

and eventually use a high draft pick on a future 4-3 DT in 2018 but we will see

jc

I can't see Adolphus playing alot of DT, thus I do not see him replacing Kyle, I see him more of rotational depth for Shaq and Hughes, and eventually replacing Hughes, but I could be wrong

I think you will see our Bills move away from OLB/ILB's and sign a couple of DT's and DE's this off season as part of the formation change,

and eventually use a high draft pick on a future 4-3 DT in 2018 but we will see

jc

He's a bit big at 310 LBs to play 6-7 tech consistently

You want him attacking gaps at this point

He's built like a young Kyle Williams

If I recall, Rex more often than not had Washington taking on blockers. Thus, taking one of the best penetrating DTS in college college football and not utilizing him correctly at all.

I think mcdermott can develop Washington.

you are absolutely correct

Rex wasted his talents

You guys really think Marcel is some big lazy oaf but fact of the matter is on the field, he has consistently been one of our hardest working players. He just needs to stop getting busted for weed.

We really don't appreciate his ability to control the LOS. We also forget he played for Saban. Wauffle will be a return to normalcy for him.

I appreciate is on field production...when he is on the field and not suspended.......my point is he needs someone to kick his butt so he is on the field the entire season.