Adolphus Washington

Is absolutely built to be a perfect 3 tech in McDermotts attacking 43

He is an absolute athletic stud who is 300+ LBs but moves like a Defensive end

Maybe thats because he was a highly touted DE prospect coming out of HS at 245 LBs

He has every pass rush move you could ask for

Speed rush

Bull rush

Spin move

Rip move

Swim move

He is primed for a break out year in an attacking style Defense

I see very good things in Adolphus Washington's future

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe thats because he was a highly touted DE prospect coming out of HS at 245 LBs

Speed rush

Bull rush

Spin move

Rip move

Swim move

Dareus is actually built for the defense as well and the 3 tech is the pure definition of what he is. I think the perfect fit is for Washington to spell Kyle and Dareus in specific situations. The better he plays the more time he'll get - but there's a ton available in a 4-3 defense that relies on pressure.

Speed rush

Bull rush

Spin move

Rip move

Swim move

Did you post that on the BBMB just before it went down? i know ive seen it before today... .and I agree..I was pretty excited when we drafted him. Be nice to see what he can offer in his 2nd year.

Dareus is actually built for the defense as well and the 3 tech is the pure definition of what he is. I think the perfect fit is for Washington to spell Kyle and Dareus in specific situations. The better he plays the more time he'll get - but there's a ton available in a 4-3 defense that relies on pressure.

Dareus should be an absolute monster as well and this is tailored made for him

I wanted to point out that we have a good young one waiting in the wings behind Kyle as well

Did you post that on the BBMB just before it went down? i know ive seen it before today... .and I agree..I was pretty excited when we drafted him. Be nice to see what he can offer in his 2nd year.

Yes I did

It was my last thread I ever made over there

Speed rush

Bull rush

Spin move

Rip move

Swim move

great posts. Welcome

He crushed the preseason last year and kind of underperformed in the regular season compared to where I thought he'd be based on his early flashes of dominance. But yeah he's for real, I think we weren't planning on taking a Dlineman last year but he was graded so high and sitting there in the 3rd and we had to get him.

He and Shaq are the future, this will be their system to grow in.

I do think he has potential as a 3 tech. He played inside and outside in college and can get to the QB. He's more of a pass rusher than a run defender. Not a great immediate fit for DE in Rex's system, but this one should be more aligned to his strengths. I'm concerned about his work ethic given A Lynn benched him for the last game. I'm not sure of the exact reason but thought I heard it was practice habits.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Good points here. He could definitely be a beneficiary and he should get the chance to penetrate.

With him it seems like he will be as good as he wants to be. Hopefully McD can get him motivated and help him play to his potential.

You guys really think Marcel is some big lazy oaf but fact of the matter is on the field, he has consistently been one of our hardest working players. He just needs to stop getting busted for weed.

We really don't appreciate his ability to control the LOS. We also forget he played for Saban. Wauffle will be a return to normalcy for him.

His new d line coach, the marine whale,will get the most out of him, and Marcel, there will be no more loafing

No more puffing is more like it.

I wasn't expecting a lot from Washington as a rookie, but I'm looking forward to seeing how he does in this new scheme.

His new d line coach, the marine whale,will get the most out of him, and Marcel, there will be no more loafing

I forgot about that maniac. I'd like to be a fly on the wall during the d line meetings. Hopefully they get that dude on micd up this year.

You guys really think Marcel is some big lazy oaf but fact of the matter is on the field, he has consistently been one of our hardest working players. He just needs to stop getting busted for weed.

We really don't appreciate his ability to control the LOS. We also forget he played for Saban. Wauffle will be a return to normalcy for him.

I've always loved me some Mr big stuff buddy

I was always his biggest supporter on bbmb